PDA

View Full Version : Lucid, OBE and astral - it's realy one thing! Do not kill me

Michael Raduga
6th September 2006, 04:53 PM
Lucid, OBE and AP - all is the same?

- Properties are the same
- Same tehniques to achieve

Am I wrong?

Tom
6th September 2006, 05:21 PM
What I think is that it is all about perception, which creates experience. I'd say that not only are lucid dreaming and astral projection the same, but I'd add in also regular dreaming, experience in the body while awake, and that which is just strongly imagined. Everything gets processed through the same centers of the brain. It isn't as if there is an outside world that the senses record data from; perception literally requires active construction of a sort of map which represents what is being experienced. It is always indirect and it is always the same mechanism.

CFTraveler
6th September 2006, 08:15 PM
Lucid, OBE and astral - it's realy one thing. I can be mistaken. But I realy think so afte years and years and years and years of trying to prove contrary...
- Properties evrywhere is the same
- Same thehnics to achive
- Space evrywhere is modeling and you can change it how you whant to do it
Am I reali mistaken? If you go by the idea that we are really the creators of our entire universe, and already exist in it in a multidimensional way, then of course the question-statement is moot. It's all about perception, as Tom said- just what are you focusing at? The material world, the dream world, or any other dimensional existence? Perception is perception, time and space are perceptual constructs, so it's all true. Why you would spend years trying to prove how different one experience from the other is what I wonder about. Ultimately, your first hand experience is all that matters.

enoch
6th September 2006, 09:39 PM
Excuse my ignorance (or lack of brain cells) CF but when you say that we are the creators of the entire universe, what do you mean by that? Could you explain. :roll:

Tom
6th September 2006, 09:48 PM
From a more scientific point of view, the universe as we perceive it is our personal creation. If you shift the way you construct your perceptions, the whole universe shifts also. The thing is, though, that other people might not go along with this and their perceptions may stay the same.

CFTraveler
6th September 2006, 10:39 PM
From a more scientific point of view, the universe as we perceive it is our personal creation. If you shift the way you construct your perceptions, the whole universe shifts also. The thing is, though, that other people might not go along with this and their perceptions may stay the same. That's what I mean. What I get out of life, what I learn, is ultimately controlled by myself. I don't mean it in a solipist way, but I do mean it in a "I'm the part of God that expresses as me, so I ultimately create my own reality, or rather God creates my reality through what I think and believe, and it is what is true for me." Kind of way. I also mean it in a metaphysical "The world is connected to me in a fundamental way" way, and I suppose you could call it religious way.
Was that clear? (*Walks away cackling...*)

Michael Raduga
6th September 2006, 11:24 PM
>Tom
>CFTraveler

I wrote not about perception, but about properties of these spaces. Many people say it different

Can you name general difference between Lucide and astral? (proovable by practice)

I'm not God, so can be mistaken and only want to see thing as they realy are. Help me

Tom
7th September 2006, 12:17 AM
Robert Bruce wrote that when you are dreaming, your astral body stays very close to your physical body and creates the dream. It is only a partial separation usually. Sometimes the dream astral body will hover over the physical body. This is the same even if you are lucid, but that lucid dream happens in the astral body and you have the option of causing a more complete separation from the body. As for how Robert Bruce knows this, he has watched people who were sleeping while he was out of body.

CFTraveler
7th September 2006, 01:34 PM
>Tom
>CFTraveler

I wrote not about perception, but about properties of these spaces. Many people say it different

Can you name general difference between Lucide and astral? (proovable by practice)

I'm not God, so can be mistaken and only want to see thing as they realy are. Help me I won't repeat again what Tom said, as IMO he answered your question- about the only way I can tell the diff. between my lucid dreams and OBE experiences are
1) I have exit symptoms when I go OB, and sometimes can verify what I saw while outside (but not often)
2) In lucid dreams I interact with my environment, while in the RTZ my hands go through walls, etc, so there is no interaction. In lucid dreams sometimes, but not always, I can control the outcome. And finally, in lucid dreams there is almost always symbology that pertains to my life, which means something (If I'm having a particular problem, I may be talking about it to someone or be presented a symbol that represents my problem or an answer)- this indicates to me that I am communicating with my subconscious- which may be productive for many reasons.).
Of course, there are exceptions to that rule, but it serves a purpose, as most rules should.

As to seeing 'things as they really are', IMHO only God can do that. We humans can only guess based on our very limited perceptual powers.

RyanParis
9th September 2006, 11:14 AM
Lucid dreams = Dreaming while knowing that you're dreaming

Astral projections = Lucid dreaming outside of the dream itself (like walking around the house with your astral body)

Out-of-body experience: A conscious seperation of the spirit from the physical body, just as conscious as waking reality, no dream qualities about it.

CFTraveler
9th September 2006, 03:59 PM
Ryan Paris wrote:
Out-of-body experience: A conscious seperation of the spirit from the physical body, just as conscious as waking reality, no dream qualities about it. Actually, that is an old fashioned definition of what OBE is. The most modern definition (and the one favored by most of the projectors that frequent these sites is: "A separation (not always conscious) of the conscious mind from the physical body". There is no real separation of the spirit per se, just a transfer of consciousness from the physical body to it's energetic counterpart. That is why most OBE experiencers report split body awareness.
(Mind Split phenomenon:) http://www.astraldynamics.com/search.as ... enceID=477 (http://www.astraldynamics.com/search.asp?Search=mind%20split&Type=1&ReferenceID=477)

Michael Raduga
9th September 2006, 10:01 PM
As to seeing 'things as they really are', IMHO only God can do that. We humans can only guess based on our very limited perceptual powers.
I'm not God... It's pity for this )

O'k. I hard all your pistion many time befor. May be I'm wrong but you should see it's not plain to explain the real sharp difference.

Especialy I wondering how to get OBE or AP or Lucide by whish?

And 1 very important thing: Lucide, you know, has one bad property - everything can be transoformed to everything by wish or by itself. Can you imagen what happan with some people when Lucid world transform to real his/her room?.... OBE...

CFTraveler
9th September 2006, 10:10 PM
I wondering how to get OBE or AP or Lucide by whish?
There are ways to increase your dreams' lucidity. If you wish, I can give you a link to a site that specializes in lucid dreaming.

And 1 very important thing: Lucide, you know, has one bad property - everything can be transoformed to everything by wish or by itself. Can you imagen what happan with some people when Lucid world transform to real his/her room?.... OBE...[/color] If you mean how to convert a lucid dream to an OBE, the easiest way to do it is to ask to be back in your body in the middle of your dream. Once you are back in your 'body space' then attempt an exit technique or wish for vibrations (they come easy).

Michael Raduga
12th September 2006, 05:58 PM
And 1 very important thing: Lucide, you know, has one bad property - everything can be transoformed to everything by wish or by itself. Can you imagen what happan with some people when Lucid world transform to real his/her room?.... OBE...[/color] If you mean how to convert a lucid dream to an OBE, the easiest way to do it is to ask to be back in your body in the middle of your dream. Once you are back in your 'body space' then attempt an exit technique or wish for vibrations (they come easy).
You missunderstood me. I meant what people used to think when everything in Lucid looks like real life (there is big chance for it). IMHO they decided it's AP or OBE...

CFTraveler
12th September 2006, 08:46 PM
You missunderstood me. I meant what people used to think when everything in Lucid looks like real life (there is big chance for it). IMHO they decided it's AP or OBE... Oh, I see.