PDA

View Full Version : False awakenings, lucid dreams?

animosity
7th September 2006, 07:21 AM
I have these alot sometimes every night for a good few weeks on the trot. I've had them occasionaly for pretty much my whole life, they're definetly not real time, as things around my house often look different and I can't see my self sleeping (though I have done once). I've never done it deliberately per se because I odn't know how to it just happens. If I raise energy before going to sleep it will normaly happen though.
I have luicd dreams when I realise it's a dream during the corse of it too, but these ones I'm talking about always happen when I'm half asleep/alseep but sort of concious and I get up it's as if I've just got up normaly but into the dream insted of waking life, not only that but a few months ago I was in a hotel (ie. a strange room) and I had a few of tehse experences and I got up into the hotel room.
I don't normaly get any projection symptons at all, I just get up and I'm dreaming, sometimes like last night for eg I have to check that it's a dream by going through the wall or making my self bigger or smaller (it feels that much like "reality") before I go off and do what I do. I have also felt what I presume is some sort of duality, ie I feel my self in bed and in the dream at the same time.

Anyone know what these things are?

CFTraveler
7th September 2006, 01:25 PM
They're false awakenings. Your mind woke up and dreamed about what you do when you get up. At some point you become lucid, and are back in your body space. It can happen many times and can trigger the OBE if you're lucid enough, but IMO it's just a form of dreaming. (As in you're in your dreaming space, as opposed to RTZ).