PDA

View Full Version : Need a speedy reply for personal reasons.

DarkCloud
8th September 2006, 12:59 AM
If Kundalini, in essence, is considered to be different that normal energy (chi) in nature, when it is awakened, what happens to the chi? Does Kundalini rise and merely strengthen the chi, which multiples it many times over, allowing for better healing, rituals, or whatever?

If they aren't any different, why is your energy so strong during a Kundalini awakening?

Will except both scientifical and/or spiritual answers, it doesn't matter just so long as it gets answered.

Thanks

Tom
8th September 2006, 02:28 AM
To begin with, the word prana might be more consistent than chi because like Kundalini, prana is a yogic term. Kundalini radiates prana out into the body even in a dormant condition. The problem is that when dormant, Kundalini restricts access to the central channel shushumna. As long as the majority of your energy runs through the side channels ida and pingali, your awareness will center on the outside world. When most of your energy goes into shushumna, you will enter the meditative condition samadhi and your attention will be centered within. As Kundalini becomes active and is raised from chakra to chakra the chakras open and become fully activated and mastery over the elements (tattvas) is gained. Kundalini (Shakti) and Shiva (in the crown chakra) are the two poles of the energy system and the tension between them keeps the body alive. That would be the prana. As one of my teachers explained, the difference between having Kundalini activated is like going through puberty or the blossoming of a flower. It is a natural stage and it is essential for the completeness of your growth even if most people don't get there.

violetsky
8th September 2006, 04:23 AM
Dear DarkCloud,

I think kundalini does increase the chi. One of the possible symptoms of activated kundalini is insomnia and hyper energy. I have known kundalini instructors to send people out on long afternoon jogs to try to wear them out so they will be able to sleep and help calm the students whose kundalini has awakened with more force than expected. The student often finds the long jog much easier than they would normally ever find a long run of this nature. Physical endurance during exercise requires a good strong chi. So... I think there is merit and a strong possibility that kundalini increases chi.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky

DarkCloud
8th September 2006, 04:43 AM
Cool. If that be the case, could it be that Kundalini is merely a state a being, and the huge energy boost that comes with it could be attributed to just your chi/prana or whatever multiplying? This would make a whole lot of sense.

I don't really believe energies are too different though as they all stem from the same source, although, some may be more refined than others or have different properties.

Kundalini has soooo many definitions and explanations though, its confusing....Maybe this is just cause we are affected in different ways when it rises perhaps?

I mean, this is spiritual stuff, so must of the opinions today could be just that - all of us may be totally off on what Kundalini truly is.

DarkCloud
8th September 2006, 03:57 PM
I'm curious though, because if we say Kunalini is a state of being, then just exactly is that upward rush you feel during the intital process?

Is there a rush type of feeling during every type of awakening, or are there some expections.
Robert Bruce said it was only true sign of kundalini awakening, but maybe there is another way people overlook?

Does anybody have a clue?

Tom
8th September 2006, 04:36 PM
If you want more than a quick answer, you're just going to have to do your own reading. There are a lot of books on the site and the one I'm suggesting is #19, Kundalini Yoga. Not that you shouldn't read the others, too, if you want. The links to the book in the copied text do not work so I copied them also. There are many ways to work with Kundalini in the book and techniques for dealing with side effects as they arise.

Getting Shaktipat might be a good idea (have someone activate your Kundalini for you and then work with it).

http://www.dlshq.org/download/download.htm

19 Kundalini Yoga
The theory that underlies the cosmic power has been analysed to its thinnest filaments, and practical methods have been suggested to awaken this great pristine force in individuals. It explains the theory and illustrates the practice of Kundalini Yoga.
Formats: .pdf (779 kb), .html (1,120 kb)*

http://www.dlshq.org/download/kundalini.pdf

http://www.dlshq.org/download/kundalini.htm

DarkCloud
8th September 2006, 08:22 PM
It's alright. I don't need any replys anymore, as I figured out what I needed on my own.

I merely said "speedy replies" because it takes so long for people to reply on some topics, so I just wanted to get a reply so I can compare it to other notes I had very quickly.

I read all the time on metaphysics. It is my life. The only reason I haven't raised Kundalini I want I better idea of WHAT i'm dealing with here.

But, my doubts have been shot down and I am happy. Thanks for the help though, you both gave great help.