PDA

View Full Version : demon dreams

Nate
9th September 2006, 06:44 PM
I've been having quite a few dreams over hte last few months with demons and demonic things happening. Most of the time they're flavored with things I've seen or been thinking of. For example, I watch a lot ER during the day I dream about the ER doctors slicing up people for ritual sacrifice at night.

I'm getting a bit sick of watching demons grow out of blood covered walls, shooting russian terrorists in the face, and having to stab mobsters to death with a pair of scissors every other night.

Anyone know any good techniques or such for happy dreams?

-Nate

CFTraveler
9th September 2006, 06:59 PM
Well, when I was young, when I had disturbing dreams, I found that my dread for them caused them to happen more. So I devised the trick to actually think on purpose of the most horrible (and fear inducing) things I could think of before going to sleep and they stopped.
I have had lots of demon dreams at one time, luckily lucid, and the way I dealt with them, was to overcome the fear in the dream and actually talk to the critter, find out what it wanted. After that it was gone and never came back.
I guess I would ask: Are those dreams frightening? If not, how do they make you feel in the dream? Can you see an aspect of yourself in them? I would start there. I don't know if I recommend my method for everyone just because it worked for me- it took me a long time to overcome my fears and prejudices to tackle the problem, and I have no idea what the outcome would be for someone else with different life experiences and expectation.
I don't have a formula for making dreams pleasant, but there are techniques for making them lucid- that coupled with an understanding of your own psychology might give you a handle for them.

Rob
10th September 2006, 12:23 AM
I sometimes dream about demons, more so when I was in my teens. I was once told by a wise person that the best way to get rid of anything scary in a dream is to embrace it. So with that in mind I hugged a demon in my dream and it disappeared.

Sweet dreams
Rob
:wink:

cainam_nazier
10th September 2006, 04:45 PM
Affirmations could work also. I would focus on the types of dreams, or specific dreams that you want, and not so much on not having the demon type dreams.

If you are lucid durring the dream I would have to go with stopping it entirely or changing the direction of the dream itself.

I would have to agree with CF on asking if it is the images themselves that bother you or how they make you feel? Trying to deal with how they make you feel may be a better route because you would over come that and the dreams would more than likely fade away.

Personally though as far as experience with these types of dreams. Well I have a lot, although I may not be much help for the "normal" person. My normal dreams tend to be nightmarish for most, and my nightmares.....well, their really bad.

Like lately it's been all Vampires, Werewolves, and Half Breeds. Of course what did I do? I went out and bought the second Underworld Dvd. It didn't help much.

Lion
3rd October 2006, 09:41 PM
Often for me dreams about scarey stuff like trolls hunting me with axes
:lol: a mod having nightmares about trolls.

Nate may have been lied to (involuntary sacrifice, organized crime)
by a confidant (doctor)
for base purposes (opponent, Devil, evil entity.)

The lies (face)
cause disfunction in your life (demons grow out of the blood/harm, can't make the dreams quit, fighting).

The answer (defeated terrorist)
can be found in the most productive (scissors)
conclusion (nightmares quit.)

In other words, when you're trying hard to mind your own business, the person rocking the boat is lying to you.

LittleBee
16th January 2007, 07:22 PM
interesting topic...

In other words, when you're trying hard to mind your own business, the person rocking the boat is lying to you.
Lion, do you mind explaining this in other words? i am sort of not getting it ..for now :-s
this is probably an idiomatic sentence (a saying) i am not familiar with.

Thank You
XXX

The Cusp
20th January 2007, 06:26 AM
Since you're having "flavoured" dreams from what you watch, try watching ghostbusters or Buffy the vampire slayer before bed.

Although laughing at dream demons works pretty well to. When they're no longer scary, there's not much they can do.

Zante
20th January 2007, 04:57 PM
Whenever I'm fully lucid and a neg is present I ask to speak to it directly. Usually it keeps quiet or says "no" in a very hesitant manner, either way it goes.

If everything goes to hell I think of sexual fantasies : )

ranlinra13
22nd January 2007, 07:22 PM
I would agree with the responses, if the dream type that you have is more psychological, or from Stress or need to work out a fear or family situation or a lesson. But, you need to ask yourself before going to bed, what kind of dream is this? Ask a guide to come along and protect you - one that you could ask - what type of dream - is the demon a disguised fear, or is it real?

I went to Robert's class to determine what the difference is between obe and dreams. I do shamanic dreaming and journeying which is basically the same. I have an interest here and a gift, so my night dreams are not just psychological or prophetic or telling me about health and stress - but some - thankfully a smaller amount are real.

It is me being used to travel, so I travel to other places to help others - in this dimension and others. All life is connected no matter what dimension. So the demon in your dream could be fear or something like that, or it could be a real neg who met up with you in the astral plane or other dimension - or is trying to open the door into your dimension to affect you further.

This is where I found Robert's protection book useful and do other things to create a barrier between these doorways. But sometimes you are supposed to help someone - maybe possessed by demon, or has neg attachment or to add a little light and protection around them......Remember.....It's not just a dream.

I wish Light and Protection around you and may you sleep well.

sleeper
6th December 2007, 04:25 AM
i wish nate would have responded back, there were some interesting responses.

My brother used to dream about demons a lot, he thought he was going crazy, and he was...heavy drug use will cause both of those things...

anyway, let us know nate. any demons of late?

SP3
19th November 2008, 05:31 AM
I have allot of experiences with harmful thought forms, demons, or terrifying experiences.

When pursuing higher levels of consciousness, I experienced the positive divine-like experiences, but the next day, would be like a pendulum equivalent to the good experience, something terrifying would happen.

I never understood why until I watched the movie Jacobs Ladder; “if you’re frightened of dying and you’re holding on, you’ll see devils tearing your life away, but if you’ve made your peace, then the devils are really angels freeing you, just a matter of how you look at it”

I believe it is freeing you to higher levels, if you let go of your fear which is hard.

Also, I know that I experience allot of dreams or astral which relive or twist a movie, TV or videogame into a similar or scary experience, sometimes we secretly are attracted to those experiences, or get caught up in reliving them for some reason or another. But like you said they play out the same, as if the script is already written, and you are acting your part.

Try doing something that doesn’t follow that script, if there is something scary you would run away from, walk up to it and talk to it with compassion, ask it what it is, what is it doing and why, sit down in the middle of it all and close your eyes.

The easiest thing to do is wake yourself up.