PDA

View Full Version : Weird Sticky Note of Death

Lunais
16th September 2006, 06:10 AM
Ever since I had a dream that I was a Valkyrie, and forgot a name I heard in the dream (I think it was Mieksal or something) I always kept a notebook of stickynotes by my bed to record as much as I could remember from my dreams the second I woke up. But this morning I woke up with a sticky note that I didn't even remember writing...

"dont ever
say no promise

No sweets"

Can anyone translate this? I haven't had candy for years, except for the occasional stick of gum. Why would I have to be told not to eat sweets? And what the deuce does "Don't ever say no promise" mean?

EDIT: Now that I look at the note again, it could say "no sheets"...I could hook up my webcam and take a snapshot of it to post if anyone wants to see the actual note...

EDIT2: Also, "dont" isn't capatalized, nor does it have an apostraphe...I'm usually very strict on my grammar...

Silentrage
16th September 2006, 12:45 PM
That's an odd one. I can't tell you what it means but I have heard of people that put themselves into a trance state while holding a pen over a notepad and end up writing some cryptic messages as well. Some give them insight into various things. I don't know if it's actually them that's writing it or if they are being used by a third party.

Akashic_Librarian
16th September 2006, 01:15 PM
it could mean, "Don't ever say. 'No promise, no sweets' " like a threat or a warning. like you might say it to a child or something.

Lunais
16th September 2006, 03:49 PM
No, it says "Don't ever say no promise" on the very top of the note, and the "no sweets" part is on the bottom. They can't be connected like that.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/ShiruMasamune/Nopromise.jpg

Silentrage
16th September 2006, 04:06 PM
Maybe a part of the message in between the two lines is missing. Also, have you tried searching the web for what the phrase could mean? This might be worth mentioning. Recently I had a dream shortly after one of my family members died. In it someone showed me a note that was very cryptic but I became somewhat lucid during the time and was able to remember it. As soon as I woke up I wrote in down on a pad next to my bed. It looked kind of like part of a prayer. I looked online and found part of the phrase on a buddhist forum. It was part of a letter sent from one monk to someone who had experienced a loss in their family. The entire thing was still hard to comprehend but the two situations had a link all their own.

enoch
16th September 2006, 06:07 PM
"Don't ever say no! Promise?"

From Nosheta. Maybe Nosheta wrote it. I dunno. Did you write it when you were asleep? Sounds plausible. Or maybe not. :lol:

cainam_nazier
16th September 2006, 07:07 PM
Oddly enough it kinda sounds like the two most popular life lessons out there.

Never make a promise you can't keep.

and

Don't sweat the small stuff.

That was my first thought when I looked at the picture of the note.

Lunais
17th September 2006, 12:44 AM
enoch's is plausible..."dont" isn't capitalized, and doesn't have an apostraphe, so it's entirely possible that the crypticness of it is caused by a lack of punctuation...But who would tell me not to say no?

And I googled "don't ever say no promise no sweets" and I kept getting nothing but music sites and sites to download music...but I didn't see any songs that were in all of them or anything that matched in them at first glance...maybe in 20 years from now I'll hear it in a song and remember this XD

Silentrage
17th September 2006, 01:55 AM
And I googled "don't ever say no promise no sweets" and I kept getting nothing but music sites and sites to download music...but I didn't see any songs that were in all of them or anything that matched in them at first glance...maybe in 20 years from now I'll hear it in a song and remember this XD

There's always the promise diet :wink:
http://www.promisediet.com/02_on_promises/
http://www.promisediet.com/2005/10/the_ ... _made.html (http://www.promisediet.com/2005/10/the_eating_promises_ive_made.html)

A quote from the site is "Don't make stupid promises!"

stefan101
17th September 2006, 04:47 PM
according to me this is just a note you wrote in a half-dreamy-dazzled state influenced by the dream you were dreaming at the moment and you were too sleepy to write down the whole dream so you wrote just a few reminders hoping they'll be enough for you to recollect the dream in the morning.
my girlfriend have told me that a couple of times while I'm sleeping and she is studing and is awake at the desk which is next to the bed, I would kind of wake up and start telling her some really strange messed up things influenced by the dream I was having, then I'll just lay down and continue to sleep... and in the morning I don't remember any of this things happening. so I gues you had a similar experience :)

enoch
17th September 2006, 07:01 PM
however it orginated, it's still a curious little note because you wrote it whilst unconscious. I'd keep it safe somewhere - one day it might reveal itself...or should I say...your unconscious may reveal its meaning to you. I'd love to have something like that in my possession.

Lunais
19th September 2006, 12:10 AM
I will keep that in mind. -frames sticky note and hangs it on the wall above his bed-

Dsmoke
19th September 2006, 02:12 AM
I've had experiences like this, where I woke up to find a note typed on my computer that I don't recall writing, or a short, incoherent write-up of a dream i don't recall having.

The best I can say is to meditate on that phrase before you go to bed - do it for several nights and you might get back into the dream and remember.

18th October 2006, 02:24 AM
"Don't ever say no, promise?" "No, sweets"

To me it sounds like two things talking. One saying to not ever say no and the other saying "No", but calling the former the nickname "sweets".

The real meaning, of course, is inside you somewhere. All we can do is offer a best guess. :)

Gilo
27th October 2006, 02:25 PM
Dont know much about your normal handwriting but it does look like you were half asleep when it was written.

The first sentence looks like its a reminder to yourself, as if there is something you need to say yes too, but are rejecting.
May have no relevance but what about the night before was you doing anything out of the ordinary which may be playing on your mind before you had the dream?