PDA

View Full Version : Amazon.com phoney reviewers...

16th September 2006, 08:39 PM
Hey, go to Amazon.com and take a look at some of the reviews giving Astral Dynamics 1 star. Click on their name...they all seem to be "workers" for another author named "Sapphire". How low can they be?

This bothers me because Amazon reviews influence a lot of people to decide whether or not they'll buy something. What these people are doing is crude, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Honestly, click on the reviewer's username...they ALL review Sapphire's books 5 stars, while constantly bashing anything Robert does. Something's not right there...

By the way, sorry if this is the wrong section to post this.

Akashic_Librarian
16th September 2006, 09:13 PM
These are just foolish people that obviously have deluded concepts of robert bruce or are hired by this Sapphire person. Claiming ridiculously that you can project within a week. Utter nonsense.

CFTraveler
16th September 2006, 09:59 PM
My understanding is that Sapphire was a forum about Astral Projection that went under. Some of the people that used to post there now post either here or at the Astral Pulse. I wonder if they have anything to say about this.... like, were they prompted to have these 'opinions'?

Tom
16th September 2006, 10:24 PM
Is no one running Amazon.com? Do they exist in a vacuum and run on perpetual motion? Thanks for tracking down that someone is bashing Robert Bruce, Radiant, but where is the address for all of us to write to to complain where it will do some good? Who do we talk to over there?

enoch
16th September 2006, 11:25 PM
It happens all the time on the web, because it's so unrestricted. Best to to root out the alternative reviews on various websites before comitting. btw..I've never found a bad word said about RB! :wink:

kiwibonga
17th September 2006, 11:08 AM
They haven't necessarily been hired, they could be one angry person with too much free time and several accounts -- notice how the level of English is the same in all those posts...

enoch
17th September 2006, 12:47 PM
bad reviews can also be left by people who do not share the same beliefs and/or attitudes that the book is promoting. I noticed a scathing review for one of Graham Hancock's books once - it was totally unfounded and misleading and it was left by an anthropologist who didn't agree with Hancock's theories.

sash
17th September 2006, 02:19 PM
The best resolve would be for more people to write encouraging reviews to outweigh the negative ones.

nzeman
20th September 2006, 12:37 AM
I thought I would quote one of these ridiculous reviews that makes no sense at all and is filled with outright falsehoods. I reported the review to Amazon, for whatever good it will do.

"This book has no astral projection methods, but meditations methods, this is why Robert is keep telling you, this is an OBE. This is why when Robert Bruce never seen his own body during projection.

Robert Bruce has never seen any devine beings, isn't this telling you something.

I regret I got this book, there are better book out there.

This is waste of money and time."

enoch
20th September 2006, 12:05 PM
It's a very poor review...anyone can see that...but there is nugget of truth in it. Let me explain (without being disrespectful). The majority of the book (i have astral dynamics so I'm referring to that) is made up of traditional methods of relaxation/meditation/energy work. It really isn't anything that you wouldn't find in other metaphysical books. But the good thing about it is that Robert has incorporated all these separate methods and, through experience, is providing an OBE method that he claims works. To debate whether RB is telling the truth is about as constructive as debating whether God exists - we can't probe Robert's mind to find any truth so the issue kinda leaves the intellectual arena. It's pointless. Personally, and without any disrespect again, I have noted many contradictions in AD over the years, but the wealth of info in there is something I return to time and again. The big plus for me is that I was utilising methods similar to RB's long before I'd even come across his book....which says something about the possibility of there being an almost universal exit technique out there somewhere.

Pseudo science aside (and this book is a testament to it) there isn;t a better book on the market!

alasmythe
9th February 2007, 05:42 AM
It is not only RB's books that are spammed by this Sapphire person. He has left his mark on just about every OBE book. Just look at this example, in which one of his assumed identities spams 12 books easily:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-rev ... YK2WQETY55 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/AC0YK2WQETY55)

Imagine what he is doing with his 30 other identities. It is getting quite difficult to tell honest reviews from scams. I have notified Amazon on several occasions, but they seem not to care, other than removing the honest negs posted on Sapphire's books. That they are quick to do. And it does not take thorough research to find that Sapphire is the man behind every positive review on his own books. Some he wrote, with his tell-tale inadequate grammar, some he borrowed from honest reviews left for other OBE books. It is a terrible shame. I never thought, in my naivety, that an author could behave in this manner.

Sleeping Cookie
9th February 2007, 06:20 AM
Unfortunately I was naive enough and bought Sapphire's book because of the "excellent reviews" I saw posted on Amazon. I can't even begin to tell you the disapointment I felt when I read the book. It's so bad. I suspect that Sapphire himself is opening several accounts in order to trash on other authors and praise himself (exactly as he praises himself in his books).
Take a look at his forum and you will understand that you're dealing with 12 year old kids.
I don't think Amazon can do anything about it, since there are too many books out there and it would be impossible for them to watch every single negative post and check if this is done on purpose.

It really annoys me that there are people like that that intentionally hurt others, while they "preach" for love. Disgusting.

Beekeeper
9th February 2007, 06:58 AM
Interestingly, Cookie, I did check out Sapphire's website once. I thought she (?) was a nut job with delusions of grandeur.

9th February 2007, 11:34 AM
If you look at the people who "find these reviews helpful" you might note that this guy isn't doing that great of a job.

AstralDreamer
13th February 2007, 01:26 PM
When I purchased MAP from Amazon the other day, still waiting on it lol should arrive by the 14th then I can start training..

Anyway I noticed this by William Philips

Reviewer: William Philips (London, England) - See all my reviews
This is total waste of time, because the misleading of the other page reviews (Astral Dynamic), I bought this book. Reading through the pages, you will find out it is a mind training, and project your mind out. It is not astral projection.

It is a meditation ONLY book.

The author does not know what he is talking about, to help you futher, you can google this book other people's reviews and in one of the famous encyclopedia quotes about this book, "but no explanation is given as to how forms and entire environments can exist without spatial dimensions, nor why there can be a sequence of events and yet no such thing as time."

The good thing about me is though, I never let bad reviews put me off from buying a book on my favorite topic. The people who leave these negitive comments only leave them because they think AP can happen in a day after reading the book, it takes time and pactints....

alasmythe
14th February 2007, 01:34 AM
AstralDreamer, thank you for the Amazon.uk review. No to worry, I am fairly sure this Mr. Phillips has not read MAP. Go to MAP on Amazon.com and look at the review by Mary Miller. It is nearly identical:

---
Reviewer: Mary Miller (Seattle)
This is total waste of time, because the misleading of the previous review, I bought this book. Reading through the pages, you will find out it is a mind training, and project your mind out. It is not astral projection.

Like one of the reviewer wrote which I should have got another book intead this one. It is a meditation ONLY book. It is waste of money and time.

The author does not know what he is talking about, to help you futher, you can google this book other people's reviews and in one of the famous encyclopedia quotes about this book, "but no explanation is given as to how forms and entire environments can exist without spatial dimensions, nor why there can be a sequence of events and yet no such thing as time."

Another book is better which is -Successful Astral Projection to the Space and Universe by Sapphire.
---

Comparing the two reviews, one must come to the conclusion that their similarities are not coincidental. No, the only reasonable explanation is that Mary Miller had a sex change operation, moved from Seattle and settled in London, where she took the name of William Phillips.

Miller was kind enough to recommend Sapphire’s book in her review of MAP. If you look at her profile, you will see that she has left 5-star reviews on four of Sapphire’s books. She must really like them. So much that you would think she wrote them.

AstralDreamer
14th February 2007, 02:23 AM
AstralDreamer, thank you for the Amazon.uk review. No to worry, I am fairly sure this Mr. Phillips has not read MAP. Go to MAP on Amazon.com and look at the review by Mary Miller. It is nearly identical:

---
Reviewer: Mary Miller (Seattle)
This is total waste of time, because the misleading of the previous review, I bought this book. Reading through the pages, you will find out it is a mind training, and project your mind out. It is not astral projection.

Like one of the reviewer wrote which I should have got another book intead this one. It is a meditation ONLY book. It is waste of money and time.

Another book is better which is -Successful Astral Projection to the Space and Universe by Sapphire.
---

Comparing the two reviews, one must come to the conclusion that their similarities are not coincidental. No, the only reasonable explanation is that Mary Miller had a sex change operation, moved from Seattle and settled in London, where she took the name of William Phillips.

Miller was kind enough to recommend Sapphire’s book in her review of MAP. If you look at her profile, you will see that she has left 5-star reviews on four of Sapphire’s books. She must really like them. So much that you would think she wrote them.

lol, i had to laugh, at that users amazon review it's almost id towards the one on the amazon.co.uk website lol. thanks for posting it.

It's the same person just registered two different accounts lol, lamer they must have no lifes...