PDA

View Full Version : Recommanded book on lucid dreaming ?

pominat0r
17th September 2006, 12:07 AM
Hi!
I'm new to this community and honestly, it's really fine to meat some people with the same kind of interest, that share some of the same idea. It's kinda rare in my small rural town!

I just began this week to write a dream journal, I want to become more and more aware of my dream, to finaly be able to practice some lucid dreaming. I was wondering, are they exist some kind of "must read" books about lucid dreaming ? Any recommanded reading will be appreciated..

Thank you!
Philippe

perotin
17th September 2006, 02:34 AM
I would like to recommend "Consious Dreaming" by Robert
Moss. He talks a lot about interpreting signs in dreams,
being visited by teachers in dreams, and ways to actively
re-enter dreams that left an impression to try to get more
out of them. It's really a fascinating book, IMHO.

orbit1
18th September 2006, 05:27 PM
There's an author named Stephen LaBerge who has written a few books on lucid dreaming. I think I read one called "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming". This was maybe 10-15 years ago, but I remember it being a good book. In fact, I'd like to pick that one up again. If I remember correctly, it gives many methods of inducing lucid dreams as well as ideas of what to do while in one.

enoch
18th September 2006, 06:19 PM
try http://www.dreamviews.com

ChielV
14th November 2006, 05:18 PM
I can recommend The Art of Dreaming from Carlos Castaneda. This is really mindblowing....

Sleeping Cookie
15th October 2007, 08:35 AM
There's an author named Stephen LaBerge who has written a few books on lucid dreaming. I think I read one called "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming".

I was recommended this book as well, but according to the reviews in Amazon, the author doesn't believe in OBE, and therefore also not in astral projection, which I think is a part of many dreams.

Korpo
15th October 2007, 09:13 AM
I have the book.

The author is trying to explain everything from the perspective of lucid dreams, though, and is IMO ultimately making no sense. I left the book on the shelf ever since he started pressing this strange explanation of the workings of the mind.

Oliver

Beekeeper
15th October 2007, 11:46 AM
I recently spent a good period on Amazon searching under "lucid dreaming" (the Australian dollar is strong at the moment :D. Happy days!) . There's a decent selection and for many of them you can search inside the book. I generally look at the back cover, table of contents and the the "surprise me" selection where you can read random selections of 3 pages at a time from the book in question. That's how I make my selections based on what I'm looking for specifically.

Sleeping Cookie
15th October 2007, 12:53 PM
So Beekeeper, any recommendation?

Beekeeper
15th October 2007, 08:41 PM
So Beekeeper, any recommendation?

Not yet. I bookmarked a few and I'll probably buy one next time around. If you're looking to become a lucid dreamer, there is a lot of information available on the net for free. It seems to be the same stuff that pops up in the books from what I can see. If you're looking more for insights into lucid dreaming, the books might be good.

journyman161
15th October 2007, 09:16 PM
This site (http://www.lucidcrossroads.co.uk/index.html) is one I found interesting. While it contains information found elsewhere, they are also attempting to provide a common locale for LD'ers to meet.