PDA

View Full Version : TV show in USA - Heroes

Krystal
26th September 2006, 12:06 PM
I watched the premiere of Heroes on NBC last night (9/25). It actually was very good. If you haven't seen any previews, it's about various people who have discovered that they have 'special powers'. They just slowly have come upon them. The premise is that certain people will always have a genetic anomaly that will lead to the next wave of evolution. (Think of Xmen 1 moving at a very slow pace.)

The premiere of Heroes will show again tonight on NBC, check your local listing for the time.

I think for myself, the thought of breaking the space/time continium is the most appealing to me. I've always be facinated by the thought of teleporting myself anywhere or any time that I wanted to go. :)

CFTraveler
26th September 2006, 03:27 PM
I saw the second half and loved it. I'll try to see the beginning tonight. My husband and I went into a debate about the apparent idea (of evolving humanity) making it into the mainstream scifi- He says the idea is old (superheroes) and I say it's relatively new - The old comics showed most of the superheroes bringing their powers from somewhere(or something) else (like superman, for example) and now the superheroes seem to be evolving humans into something else (like xmen, mutantx, and now heroes.
The show started out interesting and cool. I give it 2 thumbs up! :lol:

Rayson
26th September 2006, 05:30 PM
Krystal- thanks so much... I had contemplated watching the premier, but didn't know when it was on. Now that I have both time and the knowledge that it's good... I know what treat I get tonight! thanks (-;

A slightly off-topic note, I really enjoy the 4400. I missed the first season, caught the most of the second, and then the third. The show works under the premise that a cataclysm will take place in the future, so people in the future take people from 1920-2000 to the future, genetically modify them into having powers, and then return them all at once to the year 2003, which is where the story starts up. The people of the future hope that the 4400, as the taken become known, will have enough impact on events to prevent the cataclysm from happening. But of course, there's all the politics and fear in the now of what these people mean and represent. It's pretty cool. It also goes in the direction of evolving humanity rather than super heroes/super powers.

star
26th September 2006, 05:45 PM
what channel would it be playing on? what days, and at what times? Or did I skip past that?

CFTraveler
26th September 2006, 07:02 PM
Krystal- thanks so much... I had contemplated watching the premier, but didn't know when it was on. Now that I have both time and the knowledge that it's good... I know what treat I get tonight! thanks (-;

A slightly off-topic note, I really enjoy the 4400. I missed the first season, caught the most of the second, and then the third. The show works under the premise that a cataclysm will take place in the future, so people in the future take people from 1920-2000 to the future, genetically modify them into having powers, and then return them all at once to the year 2003, which is where the story starts up. The people of the future hope that the 4400, as the taken become known, will have enough impact on events to prevent the cataclysm from happening. But of course, there's all the politics and fear in the now of what these people mean and represent. It's pretty cool. It also goes in the direction of evolving humanity rather than super heroes/super powers. I saw a lot of it but keep forgetting what days it's on, etc. I need a tv-watching planner. :cry:

Krystal
26th September 2006, 07:49 PM
star - 4400 is on USA and it just finished up it's 3rd season and I think that the 4th season won't get started until June 2007!!! You ought to look at a video store to see if you can rent the first seasons. It's a good show too. It's been developing nicely.

CFT - I think the idea of genetic anomaly does fit under the Xmen comics and they go back into the late 60s. I believe it was the 'strange comic' at the time because they built on the idea that people were born with abilities or developed them with puberty. Most of the other comics explained their powers by being 'given them' by some kind of accident, etc.

What I like about the Heroes show is that these people are suddenly learning that they have abilities - they haven't had them from birth or from puberty. All ranges of reactions are shown too - which I like. I think most of us on this forum can relate to the desire that the "guy from Japan who teleports" has for his ability. He is very excited about it. :)

I do have questions about another character's ability - I can't wait for the explanation there. And the preview for the next episode looks really good too.

I'd have to say that the second half of the episode was better than the first but I'll probably watch it again tonight. :) Yea, I liked it that much by the end of it.

26th September 2006, 08:13 PM
KRYSTAL!!!!!
Where you been, girl? Out healing the world, no doubt! Done any exciting regressions, lately? I think it's about time you outed yourself. Hehe! :lol:

Krystal
27th September 2006, 11:41 AM
Heh heh, I'll PM you - I'm struggling with alot...

Rayson
28th September 2006, 06:29 AM
One more chance to watch Heroes episode 1.... 7 PM SciFi network.

I watched it Tuesday, and I was very drawn in. I think it is worth the watch, and I plan to follow it this season.

orygbus
24th April 2007, 05:09 AM
Anybody watch Heroes this week? They had a sneak peak for next week episode that implied a big global event will happen in 2012. I don't know if that's a considence or not, but thought it was worth mentioning.

I know the show is meant to be fictional, but I can't help think that there's some truth in it i.e. human evolution, special abilities, 2012, etc....

TonyC
24th April 2007, 08:48 PM
I dont know if it was mentioned but last I checked they had all of the episodes up for streaming at nbc.com from the very first episode to the most recent. I skimmed over the post and didnt see it. Great show though.