PDA

View Full Version : Dream...or what?

Dialgo
29th September 2006, 01:27 AM
Well, this is the third occasion of this happening to me...each time being similar. The first time I was sleeping away, then I remember waking up and feeling as if something else was in the room with me. Opening my eyes in my nearly pitch black room I made out a sort of lighter spot which was fuzzy but lighter than the rest of the room...I remember shouting and screaming at it to leave my room and then it was gone.
The second time exactly the same thing happened except my dad heard and came running in to see me standing in some kinda fighting stance shouting (a little embarrasing). He said he never seen a thing besides me...
The third and most recent time...early this morning I woke up and again seen the same thing in my room and this time managed to panic and throw a pillow right at it...it basically dissapeared right then...this has been totally freaking me out especially after this last time I had a hard time going back to sleep. I don't know if this is some sort of wierd waking dream, and its really bothering me. It even keeps me from trying to meditate or project as much as I just don't feel right in my room anymore. Anyone know whats going on, or experienced something similar?

MK1127
29th September 2006, 04:54 AM
I had a similar experience when I was a kid. Mine happened while I was getting ready for bed, rather than after I fell asleep. Regardless, it sounds a bit alike. I would see a form in my room - kind of a shimmering, distorted space, coupled with a distinct feeling of consciousness (of some variety). I believe this to be the perception of some sort of energy being. If you are seeing it, that could mean that you are sensitive to percieving this level of awareness. Not everyone is, such as perhaps your father. In my case, it would throw things at me, in the beginning. Once, I got brave enough to toss something back, and saw it flung across the room in another direction entirely.

I have read theory that such beings will use your fear against you - cause you to 'send out' fear, causing holes in your aura. Personnaly, it seems in retrospect that the attacks got more severe the more afraid I got. It only toyed with me by moving objects in the beginning. Soon, I began losing consciousness upon contact, then waking the next day feeling groggy, drained, and discovering strange marks on my body - typically two puncture marks, about an inch apart, with a very odd look to them.

I am certainly no expert, but this is what I would recommend:

- Be confident, and do your best to displace any fear that you feel.

- Claim your space - Make your room feel like 'home'. If you are seeing something that you believe to be a malevolent spirit, don't let it make you feel uneasy in your own sanctuary. It is YOUR space. Know it, and feel it. If it helps, burn incence, or use a scented candle to give a specific scent to your room - in every way try to personalize this place - it is an extention of your self. Play some peaceful music. Keep it clean and tidy. Maybe even rearrange the whole thing - by doing so you are putting energy into the room, which will help strengthen your connection to it.

- Read up on the subject. If it hasn't already been recommended to you, Robert Bruce's 'Practical Psychic Self-Defense'. I believe there are also tutorials on the main Astral Dynamics site.

Now, it may well be that it was just a dream, but in my opinion, all of these things are good to do anyway, especially if you are of the more 'sensitive' type. Act with intention, but act 'lightly' :wink: .

Take care.

CFTraveler
29th September 2006, 12:39 PM
There is a third option and it doesn't have to be menacing: It could be a hypnopompic hallucination. One way to tell (from someone who has had them, along with other manifestations)from a neg or dweller, is that if after you wake up and the figure lingers, but then starts to dissolve in a sort of raster pattern, it's a hypnopomp. The sleepwalking episode is what makes me think that's what it may be, but it doesn't hurt to take precautions anyway.

Dialgo
29th September 2006, 03:50 PM
Wow, thanks both of your replys are encouraging....and its nice to know there are others out there that this has happened to. I will try to clean up my room and attitude towards it, maybe that will help. Maybe...if I see it again I will try to calm down and see what happens. CFTraveler I will take your option too, although I have not sleptwalk since I was 9 (and now im 20) that could very well have been a possibility. If it ever happens again I will repost here and let you know how it goes.