PDA

View Full Version : Fully Responsible - An article by Akashic Librarian

Akashic_Librarian
30th September 2006, 12:27 PM
Fully Responsible
I often muse about reality and it is quite common for me to explore different perspectives every week. However I am working on a Model of Reality (MoR) that is looking very promising. It is basically the idea of subjective reality. Now for those that don't know Subjective reality is the belief that all of reality is well...subjective. This means that it can be controlled by you. Most people would say, however, that reality was objective. Lets have a look at that first.

Objective reality is quite a nice belief because it lifts off of us, our responsibility. What responsibility? you ask. Well I will get to that a little later on. Another thing objective reality gives us, is proof. We can quite happily apply the scientific method to objective reality and come away with results. Such as Meteorology. We predict the weather based on OBJECTIVE events, and then Voilà it happens, it rains when they say, snows when they say, its not always accurate. But it happens non the less.

Why is this? It seems pretty obvious to any rational person that its because the universe is something separate to us. Something outside of us. This is a false belief and VERY dis-empowering

Consider for a moment the importance of your MoR, this is not like learning how to be telepathic, or psychic in some way, its not like learning how to do complex algebraic equations or memorising Pi to three hundred decimal places. You can live without that stuff. This can mean the difference between your happiness and crippling sadness. Between fame and fortune and dull, boring, poverty. This is something you need to think about and I am going to explain, in the rest of this article how to make this shift in beliefs.

So first off you need to really know what subjective reality IS. It is a reality where everything has been created by you. It is your creation. Ultimately what I am experiencing is all there is. My mom is downstairs. Or at least she will be when I go downstairs and look at her. Until that time she doesn't exist. By definition for something to exist it has to be experienced. Well I am not experiencing her, so she doesn't exist. Also SR (Subjective reality) comes with a sense of responsibility for all things. You become kinder and you get a much better experience. Ultimately you get a feeling of peace and of oneness.

OK, OK so this is all well and good. BUT how do you get to this stage. Can you just realise this is how reality works and just get on with life. No. No you can't.

I have been tackling this for 9 months and I still haven't fully integrated it into my life. Its hard. You have to drop previous beliefs that contradict the SR model. Its like debugging your computer and pulling all the ♥♥♥♥ out of the system and putting in some better hardware. Even now I am still finding beliefs buried amongst the crap that stop my progression. So where to start?

First off pull the whole thing out into the open and take a long hard look at it. Take a big, long, hard look at your life. What is wrong with it. What is right with it. And accept it for what it is. No judgement. Just accept it for what it is. This is crucial and should not be skipped.

Once that is done you need to identify all the beliefs that are incongruent with SR. Such as the belief in the law of averages. That can't exist, because you create the odds. If you believe it always tips in your favour, it will. If you believe you ALWAYS win, you will. But you have to believe. Not just think. BELIEVE.

Then you begin the process of manifestation:

This is a complicated part of the article so bear with me:

The first thing you need to do, is desire something, lets say, for arguments sake, you want to win the lottery. Now a normal person has the belief that its ( in Britain anyway) 13 million : 1 odds. And that its almost impossible to win. This is the belief in the laws of probability. It is also a part of the law of Averages. So the odds for you winning will be 13 mil : 1 fair enough. That's just how life is though, right?

What if you changed your beliefs. What if you believe you will win the lottery. What if you changed your beliefs to something like, “I will win the lottery once a year. Because That's the law”
it doesn't have to be that, but you see what I mean.

OK fair enough, but how does it work? Well the whole of reality is a creation of your beliefs. So you believe something: it exists. Or it is created. This works for bad things, like pain, greed, grievances, poverty etc...etc...It helps to imagine that each thought is like a transmission. And as you think something this transmission gets sent to the universe that you have created.

This is followed by what Steve Pavlina calls the Alpha reflection. This like a little affirmation from the universe saying, request got, So you start to intend this lottery win. The universe might send you a little victory in some smaller competition, or you may win at the lottery but only a small amount, just something saying, “Yep, understood, its on its way” then you just have to keep holding the intention until it happens, this can be a few days, a week, a month and for the really big ones a year or over.

This is pretty much the end of my article. I would write more but my hand hurts and well my eyes hurt too. Maybe in the future.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Scorpyn
1st October 2006, 12:42 AM
This is very similar to the conclusions I have made about reality. I suppose the only difference is that I don't really feel any obligation to fully integrate it into my belief system, but perhaps I should.

Akashic_Librarian
1st October 2006, 03:27 PM
When you pose the question, "How does reality work?" you can't get a definite answer and as far as I know no one ever has. I hold no delusions that this Subjective reality is just a way forward. It doesn't feel complete to me. It feels as though it is a step forward, but not the finality of it all.

Scorpyn
2nd October 2006, 03:24 PM
When you pose the question, "How does reality work?" you can't get a definite answer and as far as I know no one ever has. I hold no delusions that this Subjective reality is just a way forward. It doesn't feel complete to me. It feels as though it is a step forward, but not the finality of it all.
Reality is probably both subjective and objective. Things exist even though we don't experience them, beings act without us making them do it.

One objective reality, lots of subjective ones - and the ones that are able to fully merge their subjective reality with the objective reality will cease to exist or get full control of the universe.

Just guesses of course. I don't know for sure.

enoch
3rd October 2006, 06:29 PM
"Reality is probably both subjective and objective." finally! :lol:

I mean - it's not a hard concept to swallow...is it??

I admire and respect you for your philosophical meanderings, Al. Have you read any philosophy or science? Or plan to? I think it would benefit you tremendously and there may be bright future for you.

let me just straighten out the 'objectivity' thing here. ok...you hand your mother this math: 1-1+67x87-2+564=

You go into another room with the same math. Now both work out the answer on a calculator and then return to share the answers. They will both be the same. That's objectivity.

Here's some exciting food for thought: Aristotle was only aware of tricolour rainbows. It's recorded in his works. We've evolved to become more aware of other colours. We now see what Aristotle was never even aware existed. Cool. That's progress. Who knows what else might be surfacing during our evolutionary plod.

Scorpyn
3rd October 2006, 09:21 PM
Actually I think we may have just discovered the meaning of life.

Objective reality without subjective reality is pointless.

Subjective reality without objective reality is pointless.

Subjective reality without life is impossible (spirits are alive).

Objective reality with life is possible, but it has to be filtered through subjective reality.

Does that makes sense?

enoch
4th October 2006, 01:41 PM
How about,

objective reality, with or without subjective reality, exists whether we're here to be aware of whatever it is that we're aware of, or not.

Our brains are very pliable. take a crystal...the majority of its structure is empty space but we perceive it as solid. The reason is because if we do this then we prevent ourselves from missing it and hurting ourselves. It's taken millions of years for us to develop that minute survival advantage.

Whatever we are aware of in our objective reality is there because we rely on it to live and function contently. Everything we see, hear, feel and taste is visual or auditory for our own comfort in life. Which, if you wanna get sentimental, means that our reality as we know it (our little corner of objectivity) is a nice place to be because it's harmonious with our being.

Subjectivity is a freedom...if I like that song it doesn't mean you have to. If I like that type of food it doesn't mean that you're going to. Cultural relativism is fine, truths are relative...but some more than others.

CFTraveler
4th October 2006, 04:45 PM
objective reality, with or without subjective reality, exists whether we're here to be aware of whatever it is that we're aware of, or not. This depends on which religious mythology to subscribe to.
A materialist will agree with you 100%, and some theists will also. But some monists or panentheists will believe that you are speaking here of the part of your being that just started out a few years ago (depending on your age) but that there is part of you that has always been there and has participated in the objectification of the sensorily perceived. In that case, objectivity and subjectivity become more relative terms.

enoch
5th October 2006, 11:40 AM
anything subjective cannot be evaluated. Objectivity is proven by evidence. So how can objectivity be subjective?

enoch
5th October 2006, 11:43 AM
http://pinkstuff.publication.org.uk/~ne ... ubObj.html (http://pinkstuff.publication.org.uk/~neil/RelPhil/SubObj.html)

take a look at the houses in your area...they weren't built by the same group of people but they used the objective truth of math and materials to build houses. If objectivity was subjective we'd be in a right mess.

Why does my pc enable me to communicate? Hmm....not because the world diagrees on some of the more concrete aspects of our objective reality?

There is a universe of difference about what you fantasise about and what is

regards Aristotle: Xenophanes knew of three colours only, purple, red and yellow. Homer thought the sea the same colour as wine. The reason they had no words to describe other colours is because they weren't aware of them. Most species today are colourblind. Biologically, life was hard and violent and there was no other reason for people to perceive colours other than those such as red which signified blood /danger. It's as simple as that. With fire, civilisation and extension of power (such as knives, axes, etc to fend of prey) man's awareness began to expand.

The objective is very clear...even to those species such as bats!

enoch
9th October 2006, 12:09 PM
I liked your coloured glass analogy in your blog, al.

CFTraveler
9th October 2006, 02:10 PM
anything subjective cannot be evaluated. Objectivity is proven by evidence. So how can objectivity be subjective? Because it has to be perceived, to be evaluated.

Scorpyn
9th October 2006, 02:27 PM
anything subjective cannot be evaluated. Objectivity is proven by evidence. So how can objectivity be subjective? Because it has to be perceived, to be evaluated.
A quick comment on that :

The catch basket technique developed by Robert Bruce is, as far as I understand it, a way of reducing the need for objective evidence and instead increasing the need for subjective evidence.

Subjectivity and objectivity are both proven by evidence, but not necessarily the same type of evidence.

enoch
9th October 2006, 02:34 PM
it has to be perceived, but what makes it objective?

CFTraveler
9th October 2006, 02:36 PM
That's what I'm saying.

Scorpyn
9th October 2006, 02:43 PM
it has to be perceived, but what makes it objective?
Since it has to be percieved : Nothing.

You can suspect that something is objective, but since everything has to pass through the subjectivity filter you will never know for sure.

CFTraveler
9th October 2006, 04:27 PM
Exactly.