1st October 2006, 10:40 PM
Hey, Thanks for posting that! It was great! ~ Pilar

EOL007
2nd October 2006, 12:44 AM
Absolute tops!!!

:D :D :D :D

Beekeeper
2nd October 2006, 02:57 AM
Made me feel happy :D . My whole family watched and I posted the links on my work e-mail!

Hugs to all.

10th October 2006, 03:53 AM
As I watched this man stand alone for the first minute or so of this, I knew why he was doing it and how he wouldn't back down no matter what events decided to throw at him.

"One who is on a mission has more power than those combined who do not."
(If you ask me where that's from, ...well lets just say its a topic for a different thread ;) )

Hugs are very good for you, it brings about a lifting caused by knowing someome cares at least somewhat about you. The first bit of this clip showed me that this down was in a very down, depressed and repressed state of being. This man seemed to see what was going on and, well... did something about it :D

Then the goverment started getting paranoid, as governments do (BTW where did this take place?) and the power of his will along with the realization of the people of exactly what was going on (they understood even if they couldn't quite put words to thier understanding,) quite frankly stopped that dead in it's tracks.

Thanks for posting this, it was inspiring to say the least :)

10th October 2006, 04:24 AM
How cool was that! I loved the policemen getting hugs in the end. :D

Beekeeper
10th October 2006, 09:04 AM
Spectral asked:
(BTW where did this take place?)

I'm pretty sure it's Martin Place in Sydney, Spec. :)

Tom
10th October 2006, 03:08 PM
Hugs are never free. Neither are kisses. It is always a question of who needs them most and then owes the other person.

10th October 2006, 08:57 PM
Tom, I think it's time for your happy pill. Are you having a bad day?

Tom
10th October 2006, 09:04 PM
Let me rephrase that. In my experience there is no such thing as a free hug. I have been meaning to say so since I first saw the thread.

It would be nice to have happy pills, but the only things I can find just seem to make me really mean.

Jaco
11th October 2006, 12:09 PM
It would be nice to have happy pills, but the only things I can find just seem to make me really mean.
Eat more of sweet things :)

CFTraveler
11th October 2006, 12:55 PM
Maybe you need a hug.

Tom
11th October 2006, 02:25 PM
Eat more of sweet things :)

It is an option, of course, but I'd rather keep looking for a happy pill that is still legal. Carbohydrates increase the production of serotonin, and so do 5-HTP pills. I just need to find a way to take them every day for at least 6 to 8 weeks to evaluate the results. That's not really fast enough. Candy is nice, but the effects are too short lasting.

Maybe you need a hug.

I was worried someone might say that.

CFTraveler
11th October 2006, 02:34 PM
I was worried someone might say that. I just couldn't resist.

Rayson
1st March 2007, 01:18 AM
A followup to the original video, I just found this group started on Facebook.com

A video on YouTube was released on September 22, 2006, and by December 2006, had gained over nine million views. According to the video summary, it was recorded in Sydney. In the video, the main character who is giving out hugs, (identified as "Juan Mann", a pseudonym), walks through the Pitt Street Mall holding up a sign with the words FREE HUGS written on it. Music for the video is provided by Sick Puppies, an Australian band that "Mann" met a year earlier. Shimon Moore, the lead singer of the Sick Puppies who worked at the mall, shot the footage which he later compiled into a video for the song.

Initial distrust of Juan's motivations gives way to a gradual increase of people willing to be hugged, with other huggers (male and female) helping distribute them. After some time, security guards, then police tell them they must stop, as Mann has not obtained public liability insurance for his actions. Mann and his companions used a petition which reached 10,000 signatures to continue the free hugs.

So I ask you now to join me in this campaign to start a movement in Mankato and later across Minnesota. This might have already begun, but what's the harm in starting another one?

Thanks Tom (-:

Rain, iF
1st March 2007, 11:59 PM
Thanks for that post, I think the idea is brilliant. I was somewhat hurt when I saw the video on youtube, and a bunch of comments which people saying negative statements about it. I try not to despise hateful people, but it makes me very sad when people are so hateful, and it makes me hateful. Why can't everyone just be loving like the person who had the idea for this video? I am deeply saddened by some of those responses on youtube. I hope someone wakes the world up some day :(

I can only say that I am very grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful people here at the forums. You're all lovely, and I love you all! :)

Demek
7th March 2007, 12:22 PM
<3 ya