PDA

View Full Version : Aware of dream and OBE simultaneously?

Beekeeper
2nd October 2006, 03:56 AM
We stayed at my brother-in-law's on Saturday night. Their new baby cried in the wee hours of the morning, waking us briefly. It had a kind of rhythm napping effect. This is really weird and I'm a bit unclear about it. I was dreaming a dream that kind of kept going while I was also aware of an OBE going on- if that's even possible. One really felt superimposed over the other but there was also a separate awareness.

The dream part was that a shop was attached to the house and I'd just stepped from the house into the shop and was looking at clothes and shoes. I tried to see the sizes of the shoes but they wouldn't quite solidify into readable numbers. A woman came through the shop towards the house declaring her intentions to read my dream diary. I ignored her unperturbed, possibly remembering that I'd left my dream diary at home anyway.

While that was happening, I became aware of sitting in the bed with my husband. He was also fully aware. We could see into his brother's bedroom (though he and his wife were sleeping on another floor). My sister-in-law was feeding the baby. I realised she was naked, so I made the door shut with telekinesis to respect her privacy. My husband asked me what I had seen and I explained she was naked. He just said, "Oh."

CFTraveler
2nd October 2006, 04:27 PM
Beekeper wrote:
One really felt superimposed over the other but there was also a separate awareness. The observer effect. Try doing that in meditation- Observe yourself meditating, and also observe your 'monkey mind' chattering away, feeling distinctly separate from both "I"s. It's cool. 8) . (Or I'm unraveling. :lol: ).
You know, I constantly have dreams about my house being connected to shopping malls, hotels and mansions. I wonder if it's a symbolic recognition of my subconscious of the 'fact' that our reality is more than one in present timespace. And usually, there is someone else living there other than I or my family.
Ideas?

Lion
3rd October 2006, 08:24 PM
It has been said that, in as much as we are physical beings, we are only aware of spiritual truths on a mental level. It's as though the mind is the bridge, speaking of the observer effect. Think about it. How do visions of other realms get embedded into a chunk of electrolytic jelly? Apparently, they go from spirit to mind to matter. Couldn't the mind be aware of any combination of the three simultaneously?

Beekeeper
3rd October 2006, 08:37 PM
Thanks for that both. While I've had the split awareness before in an OBE, I've never had it running simultaneous with a dream. I always thought the dream pretty much took over the OBE.

Something new- cool.

I like your interpretation of what the dream indicates, CF. I guess I hadn't considered it. It's not such a common one for me. :D