PDA

View Full Version : recurring dreams

SaiyanPrince
2nd October 2006, 01:07 PM
Whats up all, since im in a very good mood right now, I decided to get some curiosity out of my head. It feels like every day I have at least 1 recurring dream, but its probally more like every week.

The dream I have most often contains WATER, WATER, and guess what? even more water.... sometimes I'm swimming in the ocean usually with my family, and the waves start to get over 20 feat tall or something, but they dont crash yet and we just keep jumping over them one after the other. other times I just dream that im swimming away from huge waves, basically its more about the ocean, than flooding.

Another dream im starting to get alot wich is more scarier is about me on all types of rollercoasters and 90% of the time a piece of the track is missing so I just fall and die, then repeat, wich is getting annoying cause I just had this exact dream last night :x

I have other recurring dream but these two are the most annoying, please if anyone has any info on these type of dreams, and what they have to do with me, I would to listen to what you have to say, Thanks!
:)

CFTraveler
2nd October 2006, 04:20 PM
Whats up all, since im in a very good mood right now, I decided to get some curiosity out of my head. It feels like every day I have at least 1 recurring dream, but its probally more like every week.

The dream I have most often contains WATER, WATER, and guess what? even more water.... sometimes I'm swimming in the ocean usually with my family, and the waves start to get over 20 feat tall or something, but they dont crash yet and we just keep jumping over them one after the other. other times I just dream that im swimming away from huge waves, basically its more about the ocean, than flooding. I can tell you what water symbolizes (cleansing, being overcome with emotion, peace and serenity (if it's still) turbulence (if it's not still) the female principle... ad nauseum). But I guess my question is how do you feel about the dream? Are you fearfully avoiding waves to not drown? Are you adventurously exploring the ocean in all it's grandeur? All of this is important to try to figure out why your subconscious keeps serving it up to you to ponder.

Another dream im starting to get alot wich is more scarier is about me on all types of rollercoasters and 90% of the time a piece of the track is missing so I just fall and die, then repeat, wich is getting annoying cause I just had this exact dream last night :x Rollercoasters=speed=danger, because something is missing. Is some information or support system missing in your life making you feel that you're out of control? (Like parental supervision, for example)? Do you feel that you need more guidance or control or discipline, or you feel you will go down a disastrous path? That's what I get out of this one, anyway.

I have other recurring dream but these two are the most annoying, please if anyone has any info on these type of dreams, and what they have to do with me, I would to listen to what you have to say, Thanks! Well, I hope this helped in some way. :)

Lion
3rd October 2006, 08:17 PM
You didn't seem to know that the waves wouldn't crash.

Another dream im starting to get alot wich is more scarier is about me on all types of rollercoasters and 90% of the time a piece of the track is missing so I just fall and die, then repeat, wich is getting annoying cause I just had this exact dream last night

The missing piece would presumably make you feel safer.

Both are examples of fear of the unknown. The dreams may cease when you feel resolution, in which case the unknown would be a mystery no longer.

SaiyanPrince
4th October 2006, 11:12 AM
Thank you both of you

"But I guess my question is how do you feel about the dream? Are you fearfully avoiding waves to not drown? Are you adventurously exploring the ocean in all it's grandeur? All of this is important to try to figure out why your subconscious keeps serving it up to you to ponder."

- It feels more like the dream is trying to tell me something dealing with waves is going to happen in the future, like a tsunami striking maryland where I live, and all I think about while im standing in the ocean is saving my family, I have no fear of dieng, just protecting everyone from drowning. So it feels like I will be the only hope my family has for surviving something. Well this exact dream only happened about 3 times but every other dream has ocean in it.

Rollercoasters=speed=danger, because something is missing. Is some information or support system missing in your life making you feel that you're out of control? (Like parental supervision, for example)? Do you feel that you need more guidance or control or discipline, or you feel you will go down a disastrous path? That's what I get out of this one, anyway.

-I always have a fear of rollercoaster breaking when im riding one, so I guess that has alote to do with this dream. But I also am taking a lonley path in my life that my family wouldnt understand and I dont have any freinds right now, but soon im going to get back at a really great freind of myne thats like a brother to me. but distance separates us so I miss him a great deal. he is my only suppport in my life and played a major part in the path I have chosen.

BTW, how did you get this kind of info about my dream? Curious.....

Thanks again

Lion
5th October 2006, 04:09 AM
I have no fear of dieng, just protecting everyone from drowning.

we just keep jumping over <waves> one after the other

Then, why do you feel like "their only hope"?

Do you feel that you need more guidance or control or discipline, or you feel you will go down a disastrous path? That's what I get

You fear a situation (when you will be out of control) is quickly approaching, and sure enough, the person who you call the missing support in your path is coming.

CFTraveler
5th October 2006, 01:37 PM
Saiyan Prince wrote: -
It feels more like the dream is trying to tell me something dealing with waves is going to happen in the future, like a tsunami striking maryland where I live, and all I think about while im standing in the ocean is saving my family, I have no fear of dieng, just protecting everyone from drowning. So it feels like I will be the only hope my family has for surviving something. Well this exact dream only happened about 3 times but every other dream has ocean in it. A warning dream can be symbolic- For example, over 30 years ago I too had a tsunami dream taking place in Puerto Rico (where I grew up). Everyone in the dream except a few have passed on, and I no longer live in PR. However, some aspects of the dream have a correlation with events that have happened in my life, in a symbolic way. I realize now (or think so anyway) that the literal event in the dream could not have happened, but I do believe that either my superconscious was showing me what I was going to go through in the future, in a symbolic way, or that my subconscious was showing me a way. Whichever is true, is immaterial, because of what I learned through it.
I don't know anything about your life, as I was reading your account, ideas just came to me, and I wrote them as I thought them. :lol:
About the wave: My interpretation is, in light of what you told me:
You see impending disaster, and you want to save your loved ones. Life is a struggle, but if you don't give up, you will succeed. You can do it. In this case the ocean is life, and sometimes it can be overwhelming, with struggles coming one after another. But you see the need to protect and defend, and do it. You have a strong sense of duty. That is a good thing. But, once again, you need support. If you can't see your friend who understands you, you need to have someone to talk to who will listen and not judge.
There. Phew! Did I guess good? :wink:

SaiyanPrince
7th October 2006, 02:23 AM
Saiyan Prince wrote: -
It feels more like the dream is trying to tell me something dealing with waves is going to happen in the future, like a tsunami striking maryland where I live, and all I think about while im standing in the ocean is saving my family, I have no fear of dieng, just protecting everyone from drowning. So it feels like I will be the only hope my family has for surviving something. Well this exact dream only happened about 3 times but every other dream has ocean in it. A warning dream can be symbolic- For example, over 30 years ago I too had a tsunami dream taking place in Puerto Rico (where I grew up). Everyone in the dream except a few have passed on, and I no longer live in PR. However, some aspects of the dream have a correlation with events that have happened in my life, in a symbolic way. I realize now (or think so anyway) that the literal event in the dream could not have happened, but I do believe that either my superconscious was showing me what I was going to go through in the future, in a symbolic way, or that my subconscious was showing me a way. Whichever is true, is immaterial, because of what I learned through it.
I don't know anything about your life, as I was reading your account, ideas just came to me, and I wrote them as I thought them. :lol:
About the wave: My interpretation is, in light of what you told me:
You see impending disaster, and you want to save your loved ones. Life is a struggle, but if you don't give up, you will succeed. You can do it. In this case the ocean is life, and sometimes it can be overwhelming, with struggles coming one after another. But you see the need to protect and defend, and do it. You have a strong sense of duty. That is a good thing. But, once again, you need support. If you can't see your friend who understands you, you need to have someone to talk to who will listen and not judge.
There. Phew! Did I guess good? :wink:

Wow, thank you so much man, this is truly inspiring to me because since I stopped seeing my freind I had very little motivation because I felt like I would not see him for a long time if not ever, until now. Now I see that if I work hard at it I can reach my dream(wich is just the beggining) and overcome anything. You just figured out every thought going through my head somehow, amazing:shock: ....seriously. I would have never guessed some random person on the forums would understand me so much. :cry:. Yes, you guessed good, too good, your not human are you :?: Peace.

SaiyanPrince
7th October 2006, 02:36 AM
[quote]I have no fear of dieng, just protecting everyone from drowning.

we just keep jumping over <waves> one after the other

Then, why do you feel like "their only hope"?

cause I felt a major responsibility for their safety.

Do you feel that you need more guidance or control or discipline, or you feel you will go down a disastrous path? That's what I get

You fear a situation (when you will be out of control) is quickly approaching, and sure enough, the person who you call the missing support in your path is coming.[/quote:2pqnuoyp]

Your exactley right, I do feel someting coming, I guess its up to me if I am going to see him again. Thanks for your insight, later.

CFTraveler
7th October 2006, 07:47 PM
man,- Actually, girly girl. :lol:
Just human, though.
Well, at my age, womanly woman. :roll:

SaiyanPrince
7th October 2006, 09:53 PM
man,- Actually, girly girl. :lol:
Just human, though.
Well, at my age, womanly woman. :roll:

:shock: So sorry, I just noticed the picture of a women under your name, wow I feel like an idiot.....its cool to know that your a girl. Well im still a boy at 17, thanks again sweetheart.

Lion
23rd October 2006, 07:13 PM
:shock: So sorry, I just noticed the picture of a women under your name, wow I feel like an idiot.....its cool to know that your a girl. Well im still a boy at 17, thanks again sweetheart.

Lol. If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it's more a matter of health than of gender or youth.

jac
26th November 2006, 10:14 PM
I have heard water meaning anything from rebirth, to pregnancy, to (depending on the type of motion), relationships, ie...stormy or peaceful. I think it has something to do with your cricle of friends and family and your relationship with them...but I am no expert....take care