PDA

View Full Version : lucid dream companions

Nick----
4th October 2006, 06:10 AM
I lucid dream semi-often (about 1-4 times a month) and am usually quite good at remembering them, which is what confuses me about this situation.

A good friend of mine has been having lucid dreams frequently recently and in a few of them he says that I accompany him on his journey in a very consicious manner. He strongly believes that it is actually me that is with him, but I have no memory of this. Could this be because of a mind-split of some sort going on, or maybe is it just my friend's imagination?

An interesting thing is that I remembered some dreams from the nights he claimed I was with him, and they did involve him but in totally difeerent ways. In his dreams he said I was very consious of dreaming. Just wandering what people thought or if they have ever connected with people outside themselves in a lucid dream.

Beekeeper
4th October 2006, 08:20 AM
Nick, were you also lucid or just him?

If you were lucid and a non-lucid dream took over, that may be what you've "downloaded" rather than shared memories. I don't know about you, but no matter how good my dream recall is, I always feel like there's more.

I have similar experiences with one of my friends who visited today. She was excited about a lucid dream she had a few days ago. She tried to convert it to an OBE, got to the buzzing and slipped into a dream. In the dream, she found me and was telling me about the experience she had just had. I think she was half hoping I'd remember something. Alas, I didn't.

Nick----
4th October 2006, 05:10 PM
I was not lucid

kiwibonga
4th October 2006, 07:12 PM
Lucid dreams are usually timeless and spaceless... It's possible to have a shared dream with someone even if you were not asleep at the same time.

I'm also pretty sure that it's possible to access the consciousness of a person without them knowing -- if you've heard about "astral shells," you know what I'm talking about... Basically you can interact with a "copy" of someone. It's not necessarily an actual energy copy, it's just your ability to access any area of the universe's consciousness. It's not just limited to accessing recordings of past or future events, you can go much further and actually create theoretical situations with elements that originate beyond your consciousness.

In much simpler words, you were not conscious when it happened, but the only pre-requisite for this kind of experience to happen is that at least one of you be conscious during it.

I think it was Robert Peterson who mentioned having a projection in the middle of a conversation, and he witnessed a physical conversation and an out of body conversation in the same time frame.

Beekeeper
5th October 2006, 10:00 AM
Interesting, Kiwibonga. That's why I frequent this site: all that shared knowledge.

My friend had another lucid dream last night. Her second ever and only a couple of nights apart. I think Aunt Claire is right about younger people being born more "activated" in these things (she's 25- my friend, not AC. Hee hee.).

Anyway, we'd been talking earlier in the day and I'd told her how people use light switches as a reality check. She used that one and it worked for her. Then she created a door to walk through to enter the RTZ. It went black and the buzzing started but, once again, she got too excited.

Damn shame because she was coming to get me. We were both asleep when it happened. I'd love to get to the point where one of us can get the other out. :P

CFTraveler
5th October 2006, 01:22 PM
Beekeper (or shall I say birdkeeper?) wrote:

Damn shame because she was coming to get me. We were both asleep when it happened. I'd love to get to the point where one of us can get the other out. Just make sure you know she's coming. It can be very frightening to not know- projectors don't always look like themselves when they project. And you tend to forget things, making the experience really scary.

Neg
5th October 2006, 08:33 PM
^ that reminds of when this girl I knew came and got me out of body. I was in an odd state of mind (an odd state that is quite common to me now), sleeping but aware seeing nothing but a purple haze. She came over me (hovered above me) and was just a yellow shaped girl. She reached out her hand and stuck it into my chest, and i remember thinking "please don't take my soul!". She lifted up and ta da - we were together out of body. Strange thing though - i've only had one other like if i recall correctly - our bodies were very blue-purplish jello-waveish looking.

Beekeeper
6th October 2006, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the advice, CF. I have taken it on board.

Cheep, cheep, whoops, meant to type "cheers".