PDA

View Full Version : dream interpretation

xxhealinghandxx
4th October 2006, 11:39 PM
I'd just like to know how would one go about interpreting dreams? Is it a skill like Joseph from the bible, or is there a technique? I hear that Robert Bruce's book about Sight has someting about that; maybe I'm gettting that mixed up though.

CFTraveler
5th October 2006, 12:29 AM
There are many books about dream interpretation and I believe they are largely based on the theory of archetypes as symbols of the collective unconscious- combine them with the idea that every dream is about you, and dream characters ar really parts of your own personality, and about what your subconscious is telling you at the time, in a symbolic way, since that's how the subconscious communicates. If you take both ideas, the individual subconscious messages and add them to the collective unconscious archetypal symbol and mix them, you have a good idea how I do it.
Of course, in my case I rely a lot on my intuition.
(In other words, I guess.)
:P

Lion
5th October 2006, 03:18 AM
Pray in faith, and ask if you were heard. You can be answered! Obviously, more reverence would be appropriate, but it's just like if you saw someone on the street, tapped them on the shoulder, and said "Pardon me..." When your attention is on getting answered, you will be.

Imagine what it would take to be telepathic with something that you loved, whether it would be an animal, a machine you had a feel for, a tool, or a hobby. Everyone can tell you something unusual that happened in association with something that was "lucky." Use the same feeling when imagining someone's story piece by piece until you become vividly oriented with it. Ask as many questions as you want about the details, and see who answers.

In some cases, you can look around this imaginary scene, and add details that the author left out on purpose or on accident.

If someone or something is frankly a turn-off, this is a partial message in and of itself.

Raven
5th October 2006, 05:59 AM
Similarly as you interpret everyday occurences in reality:
Why did they do that? What was the possible connection with my person? For what reason? Was is good or bad for me, and for them?
The difference is that in the waking life you have the day by day precise sequence of events, whereas in a dream you got a fragment cut off from the whole collection.

Mithril Dragoness
6th October 2006, 12:42 AM
A lot of it is often given as metaphors or generalizations of one bigger idea to incorporate an occurence in your life.
Quite a while ago, I had a dream about fighting Death. It started with the shroud rising from under my bedcovers and smothering me, only for me to awaken (a double dream sort of idea- I awoke in my dream). Later, Death attempted to kill me, but I dodged all stabs and killed Death with its own weapon. While I don't really remeber what was going on in my life at that point, dream interpretation seemed to suggest that it was the destruction of something harmful in my life, or a bad habit, or the overcoming of an obstacle.
Just a helpful hint: they can be specific and metaphorical :)

xxhealinghandxx
7th October 2006, 02:26 AM
alright, that is good advice (everyone). I'm going to make a new post...