PDA

View Full Version : Just a Quick Query

Michael Selwyn
5th October 2006, 11:48 AM
I've been doing the NEW routine for almost three months working on the secondary energy centres. just recently i've skipped out on about five days worth of meditation. My question was do I need to overcompensate for the time missed? I had about three weeks left until I was going to start stimulating the primary energy centres. Do I extend that to four now? Or five?

Thanks for reading.

CFTraveler
5th October 2006, 01:45 PM
Depending on the time you were off, I would say take up where you left off. I wouldn't add more time unless you really feel disconnected from the process. However, after 3 months of practice, your brain should be accustomed to the routine and adjust. When I was following the program, I took some time off and compensated by adding about 1/3 of the time I was off. But since we're all different, I'd say follow your intuition on this.

Rayson
5th October 2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah- I wouldn't normally think that you need to add any time back, as with an exercise program, you can take short breaks with no usual detriment to the overall program. However, common sense and awareness must prevail, and like CFT said- if you feel like you've fallen off the train (so to speak) in those days off, then add on however long it takes you to get back onboard.

Good luck in your goals!

Tom
5th October 2006, 06:47 PM
It is unusual for me to work directly with chakras now. I have a technique I like to use which is based on the breathing. The idea is that when you breathe, you are not just drawing in air. The Yogic term for the energy is prana. You can intend to receive every energy you need in the moment when you breathe in, and you can intend to release blockages, imbalances, negative energy, and anything else you need to get rid of when you breathe out. The only limitations are that you can only receive or let go of what you are ready for. When I breathe in I think "accepting" and when I breathe out I think "releasing". Major chakras and minor chakras and storage centers are all addressed at once. You can also focus on relating this to a specific problem, limiting belief, chakra, or channel.

It probably looks like I'm going off topic, but I wanted to provide something as a way of transitioning from secondary to primary chakras as a way of having something different to do in between. Three months of working with your hands and feet can get a bit boring when you are trying to get it over with to get to the "good stuff". The reason for starting out with the secondary chakras was because even when you work on the primary chakras they are sharing the energy with the secondary chakras. I think it works both ways, so that working with the secondary chakras indirectly stimulates the primary chakras.

Michael Selwyn
6th October 2006, 12:20 PM
Thank you for your advice everyone, much appreciated. I've been doing pretty much what you've suggested Tom except instead of releasing negative energy on the out breath, i've been drawing energy up through my body and up over my head, then on the out breath focussing it downward through my windpipe and into my sub navel storage centre. To be honest I have noticed the pulsing effect that's localised there is somewhat duller than before, so I guess i'll just have to give it some more time.

Thanks again.

:)