PDA

View Full Version : I dreamed I was a girl...

Lunais
7th October 2006, 02:38 PM
Is it normal to have dreams of being the opposite gender?

I mean...in this dream...I was a girl...and I was so happy...and yet all I was doing was making chocolate milk.

I remember this dream more vividly than the others...I was in my kitchen, the glass I was using was a tall and wide one (I could give you a picture of the actual glass, we have tons of them and it's my favorite type of glass out of all the ones in the pantry cause it holds the most stuff. But that's not important.) I was using that old Ovaltine chocolate milk powder, you know, the one that no one cares about anymore cause they use Nesquik cause they're the exact same thing except Nesquik has a bunny. It was a large container, and it was about 9/10ths full. I was using a spoon that may have been slightly larger than a tablespoon...

And usually all I remember in dreams is little 3 second clips around whatever reminders I write on my sticky notes. I had this dream 2 hours ago and I haven't written anything down and I still remember it almost as though it really happened...

Nick----
7th October 2006, 04:19 PM
I've had this experiance many times. Not just dreaming I'm the oppisite gender, but also being other people, animals, or creatures. (One of the strangest was dreaming I was a gigantic levitating orange eggplant!) I would think this would be pretty normal and have talked to other people that have had this happen. If you believe in reincarnation then it would figure that somewhere we have memories of being many different things.

Pilar
7th October 2006, 07:32 PM
Yes, me too. I have dreamed I was a Chinese man, a cat, a wolf, a woman with red hair, a boy in a temple in India....
It is not unusual at all. Consciousness can take on any form. Gender is arbitrary. It is just a different type of experience, a different perspective. Also time is not really linear. You exist in multiple realities concurrently. So, perhaps you flipped into one of your others, and in it you were making some chocolate milk. :wink:

CFTraveler
7th October 2006, 07:42 PM
Pilar wrote:
perhaps you flipped into one of your others, and in it you were making some chocolate milk. That's what I think.

Lunais
8th October 2006, 02:23 PM
I always did think I would have been happier as a girl...

Pilar
8th October 2006, 03:06 PM
Don't be so sure. It is really difficult to be in a female body in a reality that is constructed around the ambitions and desires of men. Most women I know have been victimized by unconscious men from the time they were infants on into their 30s and 40s. I think it is the most difficult path of incarnation, because you are born into the world without a voice and without power, and your value as a human being is based solely on your sexual appeal to men. I have a feeling that men who act in especially brutal and self-serving ways toward women, are in turn reborn in female bodies, to learn what it is to be humililated, misunderstood, and taken advantage of by men--only then can they really understand what it's like to be female in this reality.

LightMan
8th October 2006, 09:07 PM
I have had similar dreams of being the opposite gender. In my experience when these dreams happen the first thing I think of is usually 'how did this happen ?' and have even looked at myself in a mirror and seen my reflection . Its strange because although in these dreams I'm female I still have brown eyes and brown hair except that it is long - I think these dreams could definately be alternative realities where you actually are the opposite sex. Especially if the multiverse theory is true, and if it is then maybe we do share dreams of ourselves with our counterparts now and again.

As Pilar said I think women do have it much harder than us guys and I've seen plenty of women being taken adventage of. However, personally I could not do such a thing (I think it sucks that someone would take advantage of another person) and I know I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Edit: Doh ! Had to make some corrections and reword this somewhat.

Tom
8th October 2006, 09:22 PM
It was listed in a book I read a long time ago by Stephen LaBerge (sp?) as a possibility for reality testing. He wrote that you should record your dreams and look for patterns in them of things which can't happen while you are awake so you can use them as triggers for lucidity.

Beekeeper
9th October 2006, 02:38 AM
I too have been a different gender, ages and races. That never disturbs me. What does is when my moral behaviour as one of these identities is dodgy. A dream that comes to mind is one as a blond 1920s style "flapper" ("slapper" would probably be a more appropriate term though).

My former brother is happier as a girl and has been for about 12 years now.

Neg
14th October 2006, 04:41 AM
i don't recall ever dreaming myself female. however, a girl that is dear to me has appeared as a male in several instances recently. i still loved her and adored her/him ^_^. That made me happy.

15th October 2006, 09:43 PM
the other day i was a guy in my dream but i had a girl voice, and people were making fun of me, but then for some reason i ended up in a chair in front of like 30 people and i was supposed to sing, so i sang so good with my girl voice that people were like, woah his voice is beautiful, and stopped making fun of me .....lol .....it was kinda weird

That reminds me of the Castratti (male sopranos). They were boys with the most beautiful voices. Anne Rice wrote a novel about this called "Cry to Heaven", disturbing but fascinating.

Louise43
16th October 2006, 12:09 PM
I have dreamt I was the opposite gender a couple of times. In one dream I was an oriental man and I was running away from something (not sure what) with my wife. In another I was a sort of mercinary solider with big muscular arms and that time I was running after someone through a mountinous area which looked like the himalyas or similar.

Strange how I always appear to be running when I'm a man :lol:

Louise