PDA

View Full Version : Back and front of chakras?

Nick----
10th October 2006, 06:38 AM
During yoga and mediatation I often feel my chakras on the spine side of my body. Usually the third chakra (Manipura) during yoga asanas and the reverse of the third eye chakra on the back of my head, as well as in my third eye during meditation. It is interesting to note that while using NEW techniques I often feel my heart chakra on my chest as opposed to the back.
Also, years ago, the first time I felt vibrations they were in my heart center on my chest.(I haven't started primary center stimulation, just secondary and the full body circuit, I just recently started energy work in a serious fashion as my schedule changed and I can fit it in with my already established routine of meditation and yoga) Basically what I'm wondering is there a difference between energy stimulation on the back of your body as opposed to the front?

xxhealinghandxx
10th October 2006, 10:55 PM
ah, I've been wondering that too. People say the third eye chakra is in the middle of the forehead, but I always thought it was along the spine - or at least, supposed to be. Thanks for posting that question hopefully we'll get an answer :P

wstein
10th October 2006, 11:18 PM
The entire energy system in your body is three dimensional. The major chakras are centered approximately at your spine. They are not spherical, each with different shapes. They are normally (mirror) symmetrical from left to right. Most tend to open (similar to a flower) primarily towards your front or back. When partially opened, they can be semi-open in any direction. There are charts somewhere that show the 3D shape (sorry, don't have them).

Vibration emanating from any energy center travels into the body. As such, you may feel them anywhere. Besides the center (source), they are often experienced at blocks (where energy stops).

Rayson
10th October 2006, 11:41 PM
While I do not have info on the best way to stimulate them, I know this much- all the chakra's attach to the spinal chord/brain. Chakras (major and minor, human and animal) tend to be intricately connected with the nervous system, which makes sense, given that electicity is a form of energy that is consistently present in the nervous system, and parallels in likeness some of the types of energies that spiritualists use.

edit: I don't like how I phrased that, but I'm tired and pushed for time, so roll with me (-;

xxhealinghandxx
11th October 2006, 02:19 AM
so.... doing primary center work should I then direct the energy to the back of the head? Or inbetween the brows and slightly upward area.. thing?

Dsmoke
11th October 2006, 04:40 AM
I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but I know that when I stimulate the back chakras as well as the front side, they seem to meet in the middle. I wonder if I'm just expanding them by stimulating from both directions, making them a bit bigger?

xxhealinghandxx
11th October 2006, 04:55 AM
I mean for example the heart chakra, I thought its place was along the spine but some people say it is in the center of the chest, but if I raised energy to that location I might run into the middle dantian; which Robert says in his N.E.W tutorial, it isn't a good idea to fill energy storage centers other than the sub naval one. So my question is, do I raise energy to the center of the chest? Or to the back of the spine just meeting at the center chest level? You'll notice in Roberts astral projection treatise he says centre of the chest, but I've heard that all chakras run along the spine elsewhere.

that sounds really interesting. I was wondering if there was a method for that, besides that pranic healing meditation that may enlarge your chakras permanently. It seems a little strange but if you could do it a more conventional way like you say that would be cool. You should get a clairvoyant friend to view you and see what you got going on ;P

Nick----
11th October 2006, 05:52 AM
Interesting responses, it seems like it doesn't truly matter where stimulation is felt because the front and the back are part of the same entity. I was just reading some of Paramhansa's Yogananda's work (author of Autobiography of a Yogi, one of my favorite books) and he doesn't distinguish in any way front and back except in the third eye chakra. He says that God's (or your interpatation of such) energy comes into the body mostly through the back of this chakra (Medulla Oblongota) and the front is mostly used for projecting energy. Its interesting to note that the third eye chakra is associated with the pineal gland which is the center of the head between these two centers. So I feel prone to trust Dsmoke sense that they probably meet in the middle. Maybe we feel the stimulation more on one side or the other because that is where the energy enters the body.

Rayson
11th October 2006, 07:16 PM
Hmm- let me try and answer a few of the lines of thought/questions that I've seen here.

For most of the chakras, they are rooted in the spine, and then come forward I guess you could say, up until about 2 inches from the front of the body. This is a bit different in everybody. A few exceptions: the base chakra is rooted more in the tail bone (connected to the spine), and opens up downward, towards the area between the genitals and the anus; the heart chakra is an inch or so right of the center; third eye (I'm not really sure about this one (-; ); 7th chakra- all over the top of the head, though perhaps with a concentration point at about the top and center.

The energy body doesn't correspond directly with 3 dimensions. I don't know much more about it, but I've heard from reliable sources that two energy organs can take up the exact same space, in terms of how we perceive them in our physical selves. I believe an example is the second chakra (navel), and the TanTien of ChiKung's system- which stores chi energy. They are at or almost at (overlap?), the exact same spot. The key to stimulating one vs the other is intentionality. Know that you are stimulating the second chakra, or know that you are stimulating the TanTien. That should keep you hitting the right one. Same thing with the heart region. I believe the heart chakra is supposed to be 2 inches up from the bottom of the breastbone (and again, 1 inch over), whereas the subheart storage area is perhaps more at the base itself. I'm not positive on this here, but again- use intentionality, and I think you'll hit the mark. A econd option- start to pay attention to what a primary chakra feels like as opposed to other energy structures. There is a difference, and that level of awareness will help your training benefits improve.

There is a difference between energy stimlation and energy raising. Energy stimulation works to find and activate particular structures (in this case chakras). Energy raising brings additional energy to them, manually, as I like to call it (the structures and energy body as a whole automatically work with energy all the time, and regulate themselves in terms of energy). Activating them will also raise energy to them, but by using their automated processes (the chakra itself and the energy body at large decides how much more energy to send to it based on the level of activation you stimulate it to). I would recommend for any basic energy workers to only use stimulation, and not energy raising. The reasons are multifold, but have to do with maintaining healthful balance accross the energy body, and knowing how and why to use energy that is raised. Especially at the beginning of a program, I think only stimulation should be included (raising to the first storage area is fine too, but that's because it is made to be a storage area).

Don't know how to hit the chakra? Here's a new set of techniques that I'll share with you all. I'll give the brief version, though if I ever get around to it, maybe they'll be a longer version. For the "normal location" chakras (2, 3, 4, 5, and I'd say 6- but maybe not) use your NEW sense of awareness to form a blue ball of energy. It should be bright, glowing, flurescent blue (think late 80's- early 90's hehe), and about the size of a baseball (use one akin to a volleyball for the 2nd chakra, for it's twice the seize of the other chakras). Run this ball in and out of the body, from front to back though each chakra. Then run it left to right through the body in the same way. In this way, you'll hit the chakra, hopefully hit all of it, and you'll hit it with more energy (an additional type) than if you didn't picture a color. For the base chakra, I move the ball up and down past the preneum, then I move it at a slant through the tailbone so it goes in through perineum-talibone-out through back, and reverse. I then grab a larger ball, and run it sideways through the hips left and right, hitting both "ball-like" areas on each side of the hip at once. For the 7th chakra, I take an energy ball, and bounce it up and down on the crown, ususally in the center. I also have it go in and out a bit. I also take the ball and roll it around on the top of my head. Sometimes I'll try and move it in and out at a slant that passes the ball through part of the head.

I think the above you will find helpful.

Rayson
11th October 2006, 08:59 PM
I was reminded to add something to the above.

Different people, with enough skill to perhaps be called experts, have had different ideas on where and what the chakras are. I like to think that some are right and some are wrong, but my personal ideology is a big topic, and not relevant to be debated or expanded on here. So that said- I think the thing to take away is that- even though those are probably some good guidelines, they could be off. Also- even more key- I think one thing to note is that everyone's energy system is a bit different. Perhaps the heart chakra location is accurate for 80% (a total theoretical number generated just for example here) of peopl-e but 20% would mean I'm being unhelpful for over 1.3 billion people :shock: . Start with about where the "experts" give the locations, but fish around and explore yourself. Self-exploration is helpful regardless, but you might find unique aspects to yourself which differ from a norm, if such a thing even exists.

xxhealinghandxx
12th October 2006, 12:13 AM
alright, thanks Rayson that post really cleared it up :D

Aunt Clair
15th October 2006, 08:47 AM
Imho the chakras are spheroid and the blossoming effect is a vision at least when I see them in readings they appear spheroid to me . There are 3 main storage centres called stones or alternatively dantiens or tan tiens . On the base human these are earth around red and orange chakras , sun around yellow and green and moon around blue and indigo . In time a green one develops called the heavens . Then stones will build up on the back of the spine ; rose , amber , aqua and purple .
There is more here ; http://moodle.astral-wiki.com/
and here on energy centres ; http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/ ... 346.0.html (http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,346.0.html)

xxhealinghandxx
15th October 2006, 10:57 PM
You do alot of stuff Aunt Clair, I think you should have a wiki :P .

I have never heard of dantiens or tan tiens being called stones, so I will read these.

Rayson
15th October 2006, 11:57 PM
I believe that their term in alchemic systems, right? I'm still learning too... so much out there! (-:

Aunt Clair
16th October 2006, 01:59 AM
Yes , in Alchemy and Hermetic Magick , these energy storage centres are called Stones . If we relate the Asian to the European understanding ,applying the apt description Robert Bruce wrote in MAP, it is like this ;

Stone Gender, Hermetic Element, Kanda~Form of Energy in that Tan Tien
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moon Female ,Water, Crown of Goddess ~Shen Intuition Psychic Energies
Sun ....................Male ,Fire ,Main Pump ~Chi life Force Energy
Earth ...........Male, Earth ,Throne of God ~Ching Sexual Creative Energies
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chi is aka as psi , ki etcetera . It is the vital essence energy that develops the human energy body.

These 3 primary storage centres exist on each human being at birth
the Moon is around the head chakras . The Sun is around the chest chakras . The Earth is around the pelvic chakras .

Robert Bruce wrote about the emergence of 4 vortices of energy beneath the red chakra in a new chakra . I see this as a rose to pink colour on all human beings now .

Also on humans born after 1980 , I have seen a 4th stone which is green .
This can be developed by all humans though .

Once the 4th stone is activated , it causes the stones adjacent to it to light up more .And the energy begins to flow from one to another like the spinal chakral column ,from the top to the bottom and vice versa . This flow eventaully causes pressure and the body opens up in a new way .

The stones will develop a kanda at the rear of each of them which allows energy to move from the front stones thru the chakras to the back to open a rear column of stones . So from 1 column of stones comes 2 . And from 2 columns of stones comes 4 .

It takes a relatively long time to develop the second column of stones but when it is manfested then 2 more columns manifest quickly .

I feel confident that "chakras " sensed on the sides of the body are these emergent stones .
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/6F/A2/AlchemicalFlame/1/13a.jpg
Currently , there are 4 columns of spiraling energy centres around my peers and strangers I have seen in readings too .
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/6F/A2/AlchemicalFlame/1/1cf.jpg
http://ca.msnusers.com/AlchemicalFlame/ ... hotoID=463 (http://ca.msnusers.com/AlchemicalFlame/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=463)

The energy body exists in a tree of life above the floor and in a shadow tree behind it . Below this, there is a hanged man image . It stands feet to feet on the mirror that is the floor or ground . So that we have in effect 4 Trees of Life . This makes 16 stones above the mirror on the floor and 16 more below it . These are going to double soon but I am not level with how this will occur . I just see the visions of it.

violetsky
16th October 2006, 03:25 AM
Dear Nick,

I had the opposite phenomena feeling the front chakras more than the back ones. I also had a lower back pain which thankfully has healed. Since this time I have learned from healers that my lower back pain was partly due to less energy flow up my back. As I worked with Robert I discovered two severe blockages around my kidney area that were preventing flow up my back. After these broke up (as they broke up it felt like tiny pebbles that water was trying to flow through in a trickling effect till all the tiny pebbles finally got washed away with the increased energy flow) I started feeling and becoming aware of the chakras on my backside all the way up my spine.

I do not know if my situation can be related to yours but you may wish to do brushing exercises up your front side especially in the abdomenal area and see you sense any blockages there?

Best Wishes to you,
violetsky

16th October 2006, 03:28 AM
What do blockages feel like?

Nick----
16th October 2006, 03:54 AM
violetsky,
thanks, I havent started any primary center stimulation so I dont know if these are blockages but Ill keep your advice in mind when I do.

Aunt Clair
17th October 2006, 02:01 AM
As you pass energy thru the body , it should flow freely and cleanly . If there is pressure , pain or the flow becomes sluggish or if it stops at an area then a blockage may be the cause .

17th October 2006, 02:10 AM
As you pass energy thru the body , it should flow freely and cleanly . If there is pressure , pain or the flow becomes sluggish or if it stops at an area then a blockage may be the cause .

Thank you Aunt Clair. :D

I can do the tactile awareness pretty good through the limbs. There are a few areas where I don't sense the awareness as clear. I guess that means to practice and focus on those areas until I do feel it as clearly. :)

When I was doing this on my legs a few months back, I think I really was moving energy, as they became very hot and almost kind of sore the next day, especially my feet. A couple weeks later they felt on fire one night and felt like they projected, lol. Strange thing, to have part of your energy body break free and the rest stay in place, lol. If that's what happened. :|