PDA

View Full Version : Philip K. Dick and Astral Phenomenon

Nick----
11th October 2006, 06:38 AM
I just drew an interesting conclusion today as I came home from the used bookstore. I had bought two books, Valis by Philip K. Dick, which is one of favorite books, and a book I've never read but knew I should, Journeys Out of the Body by Robert Monroe. As I started reading the Monroe book I came across a passage that seemed to connect to Philip K. Dick.

Maybe some people know this about Dick since he is popular nowadays (his books are continously made into films, the latest being A Scanner Darkly) but he had a strange series of experiences in the seventies that was the basis for many of his later books, including Valis. The best way to check it out is here:
http://www.philipkdickfans.com/weirdo.htm

If you are to lazy to read the wonderful comic by R. Crumb, here's the skinny. Philip K. Dick started to experience knowledge of sharing his consiousness with an early Christian triggered by meeting a girl from that lifetime. The interesting thing is that it wasn't a memory, the other life was unfolding as his was, so it was concurrent. This makes sense if one considers time as non-existent in higher dimensions then everything is happening at one. Robert Bruce has an article posted on the site about this somewhere, quite interesting but this isn't what I related to Monroe's experience.

The part I connected was when Dick was hit in the head while relaxing a chair (mayhap not totally conscious) by a pink beam of light and had a psychic insight that his son's health was in immediate danger. His wife who was in the room did not observe any light. Monroe's astral projections also began when a beam of light hit him in the head and started causing vibrations. It seems to me that this beam of light is some sort of astral phenomonon that stimulates the third eye and promotes mystical experience. It also brings to mind Robert Bruce's experience about getting operated on with blue light which mainly focused on his third eye.

Maybe the light is just energy being projected perceived clairvoyantly. This brings up an interesting question, what entity wanted Dick to know his son was in danger or what entity wanted Monroe to start experiencing astral projection? It seems that only a highly advanced being would be able to influence someone this strongly.

Well that was a long post, I hope this was interesting for you as it was for me.

Rayson
11th October 2006, 08:29 PM
All chakras are capable of a phenomenon, the exact name of which I forget. Something like a pulse...? A heart chakra pulse is capable of immense healign love, and is the goal of Bruce's Healing From the Heart Technique (well, not goal, but ultimate manifestation thereof).

When the third eye chakra fills with energy, and creates a pulse, it is said to give extreme inspiration to the person. Something along the lines of fantastic creativity- becoming an ace musician all at one, for instance. The phenomenon is largely recognized because it almost feels liek you have a conscussion- like something hit you right in the head (most likely right on the brow, where the 6th chakra is located) and almost knocked you out.

I think maybe this is what happened to the man you speak of...?

*edit- strobe effect is what I was looking for, not pulse (in reards to the chakras)

edi
23rd October 2006, 05:14 PM
Maybe some people know this about Dick since he is popular nowadays (his books are continously made into films, the latest being A Scanner Darkly) but he had a strange series of experiences in the seventies that was the basis for many of his later books, including Valis. The best way to check it out is here:

Another link for more info:

http://www.philipkdickfans.com/

If you are to lazy to read the wonderful comic by R. Crumb, here's the skinny. Philip K. Dick started to experience knowledge of sharing his consiousness with an early Christian triggered by meeting a girl from that lifetime.

No, what happened was he had a wisdom tooth inflammation and he called a farmacy for antibiotics to be delivered. The delivery girl was wearing a fish pendant and he asked her what is the symbol she is wearing and she said it is the symbol of early christians.
The symbol triggered his memory and he remembered he was an early christian named Thomas in his previous life.

The part I connected was when Dick was hit in the head while relaxing a chair (mayhap not totally conscious) by a pink beam of light and had a psychic insight that his son's health was in immediate danger. His wife who was in the room did not observe any light.

The beaming occured regularly within a period of several years. He called the entity that was communicating with him VALIS which is short for Vast Active Living Intelligence System. He thought the source of the beaming is some kind of satelite that orbits earth. According to Dick the satelite was destroyed by the Nixon regime as described in his books 'Radio free albemuth'.

The year 1974. is already known for a lot of beneficial alien encounters.

He spent the rest of his life describing these extraordinary events.
He wrote four novels based on his experiences with the pink beam infomation downloads:
Valis
The Divine Invasion
Transmigration of Timothy Archer
Radio Free Albemuth.

Most of his notes about the event are desrcibed in a corpus of notes or diary known as Exegesis that are not all published, due probably to their vast number.

Some of the links where Exegesis entries can be found:
http://www.philipkdick.com/new_exegesis.html

http://www.sirbacon.org/dick.htm

http://fusionanomaly.net/valis.html

Maybe the light is just energy being projected perceived clairvoyantly. This brings up an interesting question, what entity wanted Dick to know his son was in danger or what entity wanted Monroe to start experiencing astral projection? It seems that only a highly advanced being would be able to influence someone this strongly.

After the satelite was destroyed, beamings stopped, according to Dick that is. He thought that Valis must be working on finding a way to make this kind of communications possible in the future.

thoth
23rd October 2007, 04:55 PM
I'm almost finishing listening of Valis right now(audio book). Something very similar to the information satellite I read in "Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians"(but never finished).

Instead of a satellite, the information can be transferred via your astral chakras: one a few inches(or maybe a foot) above your head, at Earth's orbit and going higher and higher connected to the 'library'. I don't remember the details, but I found this very interesting.