PDA

View Full Version : Help interpreting feelings...

11th October 2006, 04:19 PM
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seemed like the most appropriate.

I don't really have a specific question, but I guess I'm looking for any comments / interpretations of what I'm feeling (and why?).

First a brief history. I've only discovered the subject of expanded conciousness, etc. within the last month and have only really worked a couple of weeks at it. I started with Monroe's Gateway tapes and was making good progress, though I am still in Wave 1. I started experiencing physical anxiety symptoms and was told it may indicate an energy blockage, so I've shifted my focus to the NEW system to try and correct this. I've had immediate, strong results from the system (very cool!) and apparently have no trouble raising energy. It has become almost automatic after only a day or so.

My concerns revolve around the sensations I've been having both before and after starting the system. Thoughout the day I have very frequent fuzzy/tingling sensations that I now interpret as energy flowing through my energy body. Mostly they seem to originate in my lower back and move upwards into my shoulders, arms and back/top of my head. Its a pleasant sensation, though can sometimes be a bit distracting. Seems to get stronger as it reaches my head as well.
Also, there have been times, later in the evening that I have closed my eyes and they immediately start a very strong and steady REM motion or vibration (seemed to be about 4-5 Hz, just by my estimation). I can slow or stop the motion if I focus, but this focus also makes me feel like I'm being pulled into the inside of my head. Last night when I let this happen for a relatively short time, I started having various visions. The most memorable were of 2 things. First, an object which would be best described as the top 1/4 of a sphere with a "ledge" around the edge and many "spokes" along the top of the sphere eminating from the top to the edge of the ledge. Secondly, an image of what seemed to be a warrior of sorts, wearing a helmet that was shaped like the cone on an airplane propeller, for lack of a better description. This warrior then multiplied to form an army arranged in a triangular formation, with one in the first row, 2 in the second, 4 in the forth, etc. that seemingly went on forever. (I didn't intend to put so much emphasis on these visions here, as they really didn't affect me that much, but they're just lengthy to describe.)
Finally, wether this is relevant or not I don't know, but I think I also experienced mind's eye vision last night?? As I was praticing the NEW system and brushing my toes I could "see" the toes as I passed over them. This was more than the normal perception as I could actually see a small spotlight passing over my toes, illuminating each toe in a black and white image as I passed over it. Not quite like physical sight, but close.
Oh, one more thing. As I've been raising energy through my legs, I seem to have a hard time in keeping my groin from being stimlated. I've tried bringing the energy up the outsides of my legs and over my hips, but it still seems to seep into the groin area.

So, sorry for the long, somewhat rambling post, but any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Peace and Love to all. :D

11th October 2006, 06:51 PM
After thinking on this some more, I guess I did have a more specific question in mind. Basically I'm wondering if if these sensations are normal, or whether I need to be cautious of anything. I'm concerned more with the fact that the sensations happen without my trying than the sensations themsleves.

Thanks again.

CFTraveler
11th October 2006, 07:11 PM
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seemed like the most appropriate.

I don't really have a specific question, but I guess I'm looking for any comments / interpretations of what I'm feeling (and why?).

First a brief history. I've only discovered the subject of expanded conciousness, etc. within the last month and have only really worked a couple of weeks at it. I started with Monroe's Gateway tapes and was making good progress, though I am still in Wave 1. I started experiencing physical anxiety symptoms and was told it may indicate an energy blockage, so I've shifted my focus to the NEW system to try and correct this. I've had immediate, strong results from the system (very cool!) and apparently have no trouble raising energy. It has become almost automatic after only a day or so.

My concerns revolve around the sensations I've been having both before and after starting the system. Thoughout the day I have very frequent fuzzy/tingling sensations that I now interpret as energy flowing through my energy body. Mostly they seem to originate in my lower back and move upwards into my shoulders, arms and back/top of my head. Its a pleasant sensation, though can sometimes be a bit distracting. Seems to get stronger as it reaches my head as well.
Also, there have been times, later in the evening that I have closed my eyes and they immediately start a very strong and steady REM motion or vibration (seemed to be about 4-5 Hz, just by my estimation). I can slow or stop the motion if I focus, but this focus also makes me feel like I'm being pulled into the inside of my head. Last night when I let this happen for a relatively short time, I started having various visions. The most memorable were of 2 things. First, an object which would be best described as the top 1/4 of a sphere with a "ledge" around the edge and many "spokes" along the top of the sphere eminating from the top to the edge of the ledge. Secondly, an image of what seemed to be a warrior of sorts, wearing a helmet that was shaped like the cone on an airplane propeller, for lack of a better description. This warrior then multiplied to form an army arranged in a triangular formation, with one in the first row, 2 in the second, 4 in the forth, etc. that seemingly went on forever. (I didn't intend to put so much emphasis on these visions here, as they really didn't affect me that much, but they're just lengthy to describe.)
Finally, wether this is relevant or not I don't know, but I think I also experienced mind's eye vision last night?? As I was praticing the NEW system and brushing my toes I could "see" the toes as I passed over them. This was more than the normal perception as I could actually see a small spotlight passing over my toes, illuminating each toe in a black and white image as I passed over it. Not quite like physical sight, but close.
Oh, one more thing. As I've been raising energy through my legs, I seem to have a hard time in keeping my groin from being stimlated. I've tried bringing the energy up the outsides of my legs and over my hips, but it still seems to seep into the groin area.

So, sorry for the long, somewhat rambling post, but any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Peace and Love to all. :D

I have bad news for you.
You're normal.
All kidding aside:
I haven't done the Gateway program, but I will speak about it as if I knew they are binaural beats-enhanced auditory system.
I have a similar problem when I listen to anything that may have something else behind it (like subliminals, or binaurals). I think it's paranoia generated by the knowledge that what you're listening to is more than what you're hearing. Of course, I'm already naturally paranoid, so this just brings it out more. If this is the case, this will pass after a while.
Now, for the energy effects: These are also normal, they will 'lighten up' in time. For some reason (prob. expanded awareness) when you first do NEW you become aware of every single sensation your body produces, especially the tingling/subtle energy movements. This too will pass/subside, and if you're like me, you will miss the sensations. But life goes on. :lol:
Now about the clarivoyance/hypnagogics/mind's eye picturing: Congratulations! You're good at getting to trance. The visions are also a side effect of achieving that much sought-after theta stage, and holding it. Besides having mind-eye visions while doing energy work, I've had the bizarre spectacle of seeing my picture (eyes closed, etc.) floating above me (like looking in the mirror, most weird) while doing energy work at night before sleep. It used to happen a lot (at first I thought it was another entity, then I noticed the resemblance, lol) then that slowly faded and stopped happening. You may also get astral vision of the room around you while doing it- don't worry, it doesn't happen all the time. But it does happen.
About the REM thing it used to happen to me while doing NEW, and Brian advised to do it with my eyes open, and it stopped. I realize it's not the exact same thing, but just so you see that this type of stuff happens.
It's all good.
:lol:

11th October 2006, 07:39 PM
So I'm normal eh? Think I may have heard you say elsewhere that normal and typical are two different things though, so at least I have that. :lol:
But seriously, thanks for the reassurance. Just wanted to make sure I'm not taking things too quickly or doing them incorrectly.
(BTW, you did make my heart jump slightly on reading your first line. Hope you enjoyed yourself. :D )

Rayson
11th October 2006, 07:42 PM
I'll disagree with CFT a bit... I actually think you're a bit different than normal.I actually think you're opening up a lot of latent spiritual "abilities" and sensations quicker than most. If you just started NEW, and you're already energy raising- I'd say you're moving very fast. Large areas of bodily sensations might be your energy body activating largely and quickly, as if you were already very energy based by nature, and your body was just waiting for you to realize it, to turn the engines on. Third eye abilities are nothing to be concerned about, though again- I feel like you're opening up faster than most.

I think everything sounds like it's going along healthfully, and like more good things will come. My only thought might be to take a day or two off, to let your body recover and balance (it might not need to, but... I see it like starting a new [physical] exercise program- sometimes you cand o amazng things to start, but you're body might need some rest to acquaint itself with new processes as well as to make sure it has enough energy to do this for a long period, and not just for a short haul). Taking a 2 day rest may also calm down some of the energy sensations, not that they're a big deal either way.

Those are my only thoughts. congrats on the progress so far, and good luck on the rest of what is to come. Keep us updated! (-:

CFTraveler
11th October 2006, 07:49 PM
(BTW, you did make my heart jump slightly on reading your first line. Hope you enjoyed yourself. ) I did. :cry: :lol:

11th October 2006, 08:43 PM
as if you were already very energy based by nature, and your body was just waiting for you to realize it, to turn the engines on
I had actually mentioned something along these lines in one of my first posts. Starting to read RB's materials and just becoming aware that I have an energy body was enough to start to stimulate it. Sensations that I had felt on and off for most of my life now had an explanation and I could stop dismissing them as purely physical and really examine them more closely.

I was also wondering if abilities of this sort are realted to genetics at all? My Mother has talked about having minor psychic abilities in the past, but we've never gotten into it too deeply. I always suspected they were stronger than she let on and that she was downplaying it for my sake. After all, who wants to know that their Mom can read their thoughts! :shock:

As for taking a break for a couple of days, I'll keep that in mind, but I think I'm too excited about learning more to do so. It's a good thing I have a job and family to attend to or I'd probably being working at this 24/7. :lol:

Thanks again for the input! Cheers!

Rayson
11th October 2006, 09:04 PM
Genetics
Family energetic trait lines (energy traits that run in a family, possibly via the fact the family bonds create powerful energy bonds)
Exposure (being around a clairvoyant helps you to be clarivoaynt; beign around a psychic parent potentially helps you be psychic- Robert Bruce calls this an example of empathetic teaching, I believe)

I think all these might play in, and we haven't even gotten into nurture/upbringing.

But- it's likely to be different for everyone. particularly to the degree in which each factor plays a role.