PDA

View Full Version : A Breathing Exercise/Proposed "Experiment"

2nd August 2005, 06:31 PM
During work I often do a lot of energy work by simple breathing/focusing methods. These methods make it easier for me to get training in while having a tight schedule. The method I am describing here I had used in the past, however not to the extent I had done yesterday.

The exercise I did yesterday is basically controlled breathing. I noticed drastic effects on my energy body and cleared a lot of blockages which have been bugging me for a long time. I was feeling as energetic as a little kid while doing this exercise.

The Exercise is as follows:

On the in-breath breath with the chest first: most people breath with a combination of chest and belly normally. The chest should expand first before the stomach. It helps to such the stomach in so as to prevent it from expanding with air. After the chest is fully expanded start expanding the belly till full. You might note that this feels unnatural: your subconscious will feel uncomfortable with doing this because your taking breathing into your own hands and doing it in a manner which is not normal. Your using a lot of muscles while doing this breathing exercise, and normally breathing is meant to use as little of your resources as possible.

On the out-breath let the chest empty first. Do not let the stomach empty till the chest is as empty as possible. Then empty the stomach. You might note that the chest will be able to empty a bit more after the stomach has started emptying. This is fine, just don't let the stomach start emptying till the chest is as empty as it can be. Note the sensations. For me I noticed that a energy-massaging type effect, along with a good amount of storage in my Tan Tien (energy center next to the power chakra) and a loosening up of my muscles.

The above exercise I did for 5 hours. During those 5 hours I forgot to do the breathing a few times (I would guess 10 times and no more), but never for more than 5 minutes.
Some notes on what I was noticing while doing the breathing: my resistince to heat and cold went up, I was able to move around more vigorously and felt younger and stronger. (Don't let that convince you I'm old cause i'm only 23 ;) I was feeling as energetic as I was at 18 ) as noted before my Tan Tien was filling up with Qi energy, my energy pathwasy were clearing up, and I was able to percieve better. I also noted that some of my remove viewing skills I had previously lost from not using them enough were starting to come back in flashes.

Later that night I slept for a long time, probably due to over doing the exercise. When I finally woke up I felt extremely good.

If anyone is willing can they try this exercise out for a few hours at a time? it's quite easy to do this while doing other things like house-work, playing video game, ect. Please note if you tried feeling energy or focused any energy while doing this, I started that way but later I stopped when I noted that the breathing seemed to be doing enough energy work on it's own.

My notes on how the energy works while breathing in this manner: when expanding the chest the chest fills with Qi, and when filling the belly this Qi drops in one big swoop, which has a lot of health benifits :)

gorillabait
2nd August 2005, 07:18 PM
I will try. I tend to do my own breathing or energy exercises almost all the time, which has become almost automatic. Doing this one is difficult to maintain now that I've just started (usually when I breathe into my chest or my stomach, I feel either too full or blocked there), but I'm sure with practice it will come easier and more automatically. Yeah, I'll try it.

Quantitativefool
2nd August 2005, 07:52 PM
I remember reading an ebook awhile ago, I think it was called the 'Yogi Complete Breath' if I can find a link to it I'll gladly put it here, as well as if anyone finds it. It has alot of information on prpoer breathing and stuff...
So yeah, tell me what you think and i'll try to post the link soon.

-Stu

3rd August 2005, 03:36 AM
Today my observations are as follows:

I only did this for a total of about 3 hours today. I went on and off, more so then yesterday actually. My energy went up quite a bit, however I did not notice the balancing aspect of this today and I am definitely not tired. This is likely due to the healing aspect of this exercise simply having no effect since yesterday it unblocked a lot.

Will see if I start re-gaining my old energy from this.

yes those links would be appreciated Stu.

7th August 2005, 03:02 AM
A lot of people are coming to me and telling me this is doing a lot but nobody is posting anything, an experiment can't work that way!

Quantitativefool
7th August 2005, 03:51 AM
The link to the book entitles 'Yogi Science of Breath' is here

http://astralsociety.com/as/cms/Article ... Show&AID=5 (http://astralsociety.com/as/cms/Articles/index.php?DBN=&Type=Show&AID=5)

I find that alot of the texts on this site are worthwhile, especially this one. Any other people who read this tell me your opinion. It really makes you think about breathing :P

Love and Light,
-Stu

oath
10th August 2005, 07:36 PM
i did a few days ago at work. no noticeable effects for me. will try again at a later date.

TheAlmightyZenTaco
16th August 2005, 10:44 AM
It does a few things for me.

Firstly, it stresses out my lungs. :)

Secondly, I get a large energy intake and feel lightheaded and more at ease.

As for unblocking meridians and chakras, it hasn't had that effective yet.

Astral Exorcist
8th March 2007, 02:28 AM
Are these Breathing Techniques recently hand made or are they from an ancient teaching?

8th March 2007, 04:18 AM
Are these Breathing Techniques recently hand made or are they from an ancient teaching?

I'm sure you can find them in some sort of teaching, but I did not know and still do not know anything about them, this was something I developed on my own.

Zak
8th March 2007, 04:44 AM
Hey,

I've used this one of yours a few times with success. Albeit not to an huge length of time. Often if I'm going to bed and I feel hungry and don't want to eat cause digestion will wake me up too much, I'll use this and it makes me full and removes slight pain of being hungry.

I generaly find it really great for the solar plexus as it seems to be, at present, the weakest chakra and in need of the most work.

Thanks for the technique!

(Zac from the Ohio workshop)