PDA

View Full Version : Spare Ribs and Lucid Dreaming

enoch
5th August 2005, 09:43 AM
I found that everytime I eat spare ribs from the chinese take away I have incredibly vivid dreams. This sounds odd but I'm positive that there is an ingredient in the spare ribs sauce that causes this.

Does anyone know what this might be?

p.s. - I've tried drinking soy sauce before bed but that doesn't work.

oath
5th August 2005, 11:20 AM
i heard of experimenting with different foods and stuff for lucid or more vivid dreams. bbq sauce is a funny one though.

lately my dreams have shifted it seems. im playing out scenarious in my mind of things that happen or i think about during the day. it could be anything like things i worry about. things like what if this happens. but its weird. the voices are there. the feelings are there. but nothing to look at! everything is completely dark. weird huh.

laiana
5th August 2005, 04:34 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking! Could be a reaction to the MSG :)

gorillabait
5th August 2005, 08:23 PM
Could just be all that wonderful Chinese culture seeping through the food of their people, energizing you. :o

enoch
6th August 2005, 05:00 AM
Spot on. Cheers. A little look into msg is proving quite revealing.

laiana
6th August 2005, 08:08 PM
Sure is.... too bad it gives me horrible cramps, indegestion and headaches (the kind that go through my whole head, most notably the back of my jaw!)

enoch
11th August 2005, 09:25 AM
I found a packet of Walkers spare ribs crisps that contains msg and I've been eating them before bed and my dreams have become so much more vivid and recall has been greatly improved.

Recommended to anyone who has no adverse reactions :!:

Another suggestion is to make a light supper of mushrooms, tomatoes and parmesan cheese on toast. All these contain natural glutamate in good doses.

oath
11th August 2005, 09:43 AM
r u saying u think it will work for anyone?

idk but i guess ill try thnx for the tip. ill try today i guess but its kinda weird becuz im at work now and its nite and that mean when i get home its breakfast time :o

Hegemony
13th August 2005, 01:13 AM
Isn't MSG absolutely horrible for you though?

Psi
13th August 2005, 01:16 AM
It's the cat that is mixed with the food. Definitely the cat. **nod**

Hehe...whatever works man!

enoch
14th August 2005, 01:12 PM
well, msg is just a flavour enhancer derived fom seaweed but is found naturally in foods too (tomatoes, mushrooms, chicken, cheese). Some people are reported to suffer from migraines and/or other symptoms but it's widely accepted as generally non harmful. Like I said, I've found it in the oriental flavoured crisps.

It's helped the vividness and the recall of my dreams greatly over the last week. There are quite a few reports over the web that agree that it does affect dreams and dream recall but I've no idea why.

Joggerman
17th March 2006, 08:33 PM
Try the link below for some info on the potential downside of MSG

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/

enoch
17th March 2006, 10:55 PM
The suspected downsides are definately a worry. But msg is the greatest enhancer of dreams I've ever found.

17th March 2006, 11:10 PM
anyway...it's the five-spice powder!
star-anise, fennel, cloves, cassia, peppercorns.
interesting mix actually.
one of my fav's.
all work for stimulating the unconscious/psychic mind!!!
though i don't suggest eating large portions of the mix either.
some dim-wits out there swallowing whole bottles of clove powder to get off. bad move!