PDA

View Full Version : Michael Evocation - SUCCESS

frater_altpath
23rd October 2006, 04:44 PM
THANK YOU GREAT ARCHANGEL MICHAEL!

Decided to evoke the Archangel Michael last night to ask him to clear out my house of all the unwanted spirits. Since it was Sunday night, on the hour of the Sun, I figured it would be a good time to get him. I'll do a quick outline of how I did this.

-Swept the ritual space
-Cast a circle with blessed salt
-Sprinkled holy water around circle and on myself
-Did the Solar Cross banishing ritual
-Bornless Ritual
-Conjuration/requests
-Welcome
-License to depart
-Solar Cross

NOTE: I have a physical circle on my floor made with masking tape. I don't have hebrew god names on the circle, I have the sigils of my familiars and names of Goddesses I worship instead. I didn't take a ceremonial bath before or after the evocation, it was all pretty much done without preparation. Also, I DID NOT use a triangle. I think that may have been why I got a slight side-effect from this, which I'll write about below.

For the most part, this was a big success.
I didn't hear anything, but I did see a flaming face in my jar of holy water. What happened is that, as soon as I began to read the conjuration, I got chills and a feeling of a presence. My right ear seemed to just close up, I guess, and I felt deaf. I had my eyes closed for a while after the conjuration. I wrote it, by the way, to include my requests.
I decided to open my eyes slowly and I relaxed my gaze on the jar of holy water I had in front of me. I saw my reflection a bit, but then I relaxed it more and began to see a humanoid face forming. I then saw that it was blinking and mouthing out things. It's face appeared to be surrounded with fire.
This was definately not a face-distortion, like some might believe, because I've skryed like this before for other spirits and in those cases I couldn't even see myself.
It only lasted for about a 1 minute, then disappeared. When that happened, I felt my hearing come back a little. I thanked him, gave license to depart, demanded all the spirits to leave the area and banished.

RESULTS: I asked a friend a little while ago that is sensitive to energy and a little clairvoyant if he noticed a difference in the old part of the house. He came back a little confused saying that it felt very calm and wanted to know why. I told him about the evocation and he and I are both convinced that Michael did the job.

SIDE-EFFECTS: I woke up this morning with a nose-bleed. That only happens when I've been doing hard labour in the Sun all day and dehydrated. But that doesn't surprise me since I didn't really put much effort into my circle casting last night like I do other times. Oops. Now I know better. I also feel much better and more confident about everything around me. The Goetic evocation I have planned feels much less unnerving for me, and I feel confident in going through with it.

FINAL NOTES: I'm sure that had I put more effort into preparing for this, like the old medieval magicians, I could have had much more tangible, and possibly even more unnerving results during the evocation. After all, if I fasted, became abstinant for 30 days, used all the proper incenses, stones, metals, prayers, conjurations, a wand, a robe, a staff, sword, etc., I would get similar results to the ones that are written about in the old Grimoires. For such a basic non-traditional evocation, I think I did pretty well. I definately recommend others (especially those who have never evoked a spirit and are considering doing it) to work with him.

Any comments? Questions?

Finally, THANK YOU GREAT ARCHANGEL MICHAEL!

Sunkencity
23rd October 2006, 11:28 PM
congratulations bro!
that's excellent-always nice to hear about evocations that go well.
if I could ask a question/make a small suggestion....have you ever done any excercises to develop your clairaudience? if you haven't, consult bardon's Initiation to Hermetics, and give his techniques ago. Imagine how much richer your experience would have been if you could have heard Michael speak! anyway, disregard this if you already have that in hand....but if you haven't worked consciously on your clairaudience give this a try. congrats again

McArthur
24th October 2006, 12:38 AM
SIDE-EFFECTS: I woke up this morning with a nose-bleed. That only happens when I've been doing hard labour in the Sun all day and dehydrated.
Perhaps this is more than a side effect but in fact something to think about? The book I suggested you read involves DuQuette doing his first ever evocation by offering a small amount of blood to Orobas. He comments at one point it reminded him of "pacts with the devil" and the reader is left to understand that as they will. Don't overlook this bloody message.

Apart from that congrats on a good operation. :wink:

McArthur
24th October 2006, 12:45 AM
p.s. Perhaps my suggestion of a metal talisman is wrong and Michael is suggesting blood, just a thought, Do what thou Wilt!

frater_altpath
24th October 2006, 03:35 AM
I can't say I've actually considered doing a blood sacrifice to a demon, but to an Archangel? It's never crossed my mind that they could want (or need)something like that. Maybe a little blood on his seal?

McArthur, have you ever considered or actually given blood to a spirit? Would you say it's simply a bad idea to do it, even for a benevolent one?

SunkenCity, you know, I do have that book in PDF format, but my eyes get tired easily when I try to read books on my comp. It's such a big book to read in electronic format that I haven't even given it a shot. I can't find that book here in english so I'll try to get it when I go to texas in a few weeks. I'll have to check out that section on clairaudience. I've been so focused on astral sight for these kind of things that I didn't realize it before I started that hearing a spirit is so much more valuable. I realized that the first time I evoked my familiar and I couldn't hear a word she tried to tell me. Same thing now with Michael. Nuts. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Sunkencity
24th October 2006, 06:57 PM
Hey Frater Altpath,

Blood is an excellent tool for making a fluid condenser...it is important, IMHO, to only use a drop or so of it to "vitalize" the fluid condenser you are using to consecrate objects. When dealing with demons, I'd tend toward using a condenser made from other substances, like a gold tincture, or an oil blessed and appropriate for the planetary/elemental influences on said entity. (The Table of Correspondece is one of our greatest tools...see Crowleys 777 if you haven't already got one working) so as to avoid any deleterious effects possible through connection with my own blood.

The sacrifice is, of course, a symbolic energetic offering....one generally need not make sacrifice at all, unless invoking a Godform. Michael may be trying to tell you to use a fluid condenser of some sort next time you evoke him, to give him a more solid footing on the physical plane, perhaps to make the effect of his influence greater?

Congrats again, btw. This is a spectacular accomplishment.

frater_altpath
24th October 2006, 08:43 PM
I've never really thought about consecrating with blood any tools. I don't actually use them. I have a wand, but I've only used it once or twice. I suppose the only thing I could use a fluid condenser for is my triangle with a black mirror that slides into the back. It's not finished yet, which is why I didn't use it for the evocation of Michael, but I finally found a glass cutter to use on my mirror. It should be ready today.

Finding tincture of Gold will be pretty dificult around here. I've read mugwort works well to help along a skrying mirror. Makes it more effective.

Anybody know what mugwort is called in spanish???

I'll check out my PDF of 777 later to see what I can do about finding the right ingredients for this ritual.

CFTraveler
24th October 2006, 10:21 PM
http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/m/mugwor61.html

There probably isn't a mexican name for it since it's found in England, but I'd probably translate it to hierba de San Juan
ps. it's cousin's Wormwood name in spanish is Ajenjo. Is that weird, or what?
I found that it may be called Artemisia, but Wormwood can also be called artemisia so you may get the wrong thing.

McArthur
25th October 2006, 02:01 AM
McArthur, have you ever considered or actually given blood to a spirit? Would you say it's simply a bad idea to do it, even for a benevolent one?

As I said in the other thread, I personally wouldn't offer anything, although IIRC Bardon does suggest using blood in the making of a Magic Mirror.

Various magicians such as DuQuette and Carroll Poke Runyon recommend the invocation of certain Angels before evoking a goetic demon. IIRC they use the 72 god names from the Shem haMephoresh and assign an angel to each of the 72 demons using this system. They then invoke this Angel assigned to whatever demon you plan to evoke to oversee the operation and keep it balanced as a form of extra protection.

Poke Runyon's Book here (http://www.amazon.com/Book-Solomons-Magick-Carroll-Runyon/dp/096548811X) check the reviews.

frater_altpath
25th October 2006, 03:27 AM
I've been trying to find info on how to work with the shemhamephoresh God names for awhile now, but I just can't find anything useful. I found the list of the 72 angels but don't know how to use that info. Would I invoke the 55th angel(Mabeth) for Orobas, the 55th spirit of the Goetia?

McArthur
25th October 2006, 03:54 AM
Unfortunately all my books are in storage so can't check them for you. The book I linked has these I think, and also one by DuQuette I can't remember the title of at present.

frater_altpath
25th October 2006, 04:24 AM
I got my info from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shemhamphorasch

CFTraveler
25th October 2006, 12:43 PM
frater wrote:
Would I invoke the 55th angel(Mabeth) for Orobas, the 55th spirit of the Goetia? Not knowing what I'm talking about, reading this something came up in my head (feel free to disregard) that Mabeth sounds a lot like Mabus (of Nostradamus fame) which sends chills up my spine.

frater_altpath
26th October 2006, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean CFTraveler. Alot of the angel names from that list don't even really sound like angel names, which is why I'm wary of it.

orygbus
27th October 2006, 04:12 AM
What's the Solar Cross banishing ritual and Bornless Ritual? Any links? How large was you ritual space?

frater_altpath
27th October 2006, 04:59 AM
The solar cross ritual:

Start with the QC.
Then as you face East, while absorbing solar energy from around you, build up that energy in your center and extend your right arm with index finger extended (you may use an athame or dagger). Starting at head level, draw a broad line of brilliant yellow light straight down while vibrating the name Yeheshuah. Extend your hand to your left and draw another broad line of brilliant yellow light to your right, thus making an equal arm cross, while again vibrating the name Yeheshuah. With your hand still extended to your right, in a sweeping motion, draw a full clockwise cricle of brilliant yellow light, connecting all the ends of the cross you just made, while vibrating the name Yehovashah. Then extend your right hand into the center of the cross, releasing a burst of yellow light, which will cause the cross to triple in brilliance, while vibrating the name Yehovashah.
Repeat the above in the West, North, South, Above, Below (in that order).
Then turn to face East and perform the QBL cross.

----------------------------------------------

Search for the bornless ritual on google. You'll get lot's of links.

My ritual space is very small. My circle is only about 5 1/2 feet wide, since I don't have much room to make the full 9 foot circle. It's workable, but it's just tight. I can't really move too much to banish physically, but since I mainly banish astrally, it doesn't really matter.

McArthur
27th October 2006, 10:39 AM
There's an excellent article on the Bornless Ritual (including full text) here:

http://www.jwmt.org/v1n7/bornless.html

Actually this link may also be helpful in the Psychic Self Defense forum.

orygbus
28th October 2006, 12:54 AM
wow...the bornless ritual is pretty lengthy....you guys memorized all that exactly....

frater_altpath
28th October 2006, 07:25 AM
It's definately important to memorize it, but I haven't yet. It still works though, if your heart is in it. I know that sounds corny, but it's true. As long as you know why you're doing it before conjuring a spirit, then it works.
Or if you simply want to practice it to unite with your Holy Guardian Angel, practicing it daily helps. I don't do that, but I'm lazy about that sort of thing anyway.

Some people also believe it's an invocation to the Egyptian God Set. I don't remember where I read that, but if that's true, then it would be a lengthy ritual to take on a Godform. In any case, it can really intensify an evocation and in my case, activates my 3rd eye chakra dramatically.

orygbus
28th October 2006, 08:55 PM
wow, when properly done, it takes about 30 mins.....

"Hear me and make all spirits subject unto me … (etc)" - what does the etc. mean? Does it mean you repeat it? Or is it the name of the spirit you want to evoke?

McArthur
28th October 2006, 10:55 PM
wow, when properly done, it takes about 30 mins.....

"Hear me and make all spirits subject unto me … (etc)" - what does the etc. mean? Does it mean you repeat it? Or is it the name of the spirit you want to evoke?
It gives the full lines at the article, this is a line that is repeated a few times during it, you just repeat the line where he says "Hear me... etc" :

Hear Me, and make all Spirits subject unto Me: so that every Spirit of the Firmament and of the Ether; upon the Earth and under the Earth: on dry Land and in the Water: of Whirling Air, and of rushing Fire: and every Spell and Scourge of God may be obedient unto Me.

operasinger
20th November 2006, 09:12 PM
congrattulations. I was able to evoke Dantalion a week ago. However, lack of experience I couldn't see him or hear him. :(
But my friend told to me few days later that I succeded , but forgot to release him after evocation. (Although I was not aware of his precence, except huge amount of extra energy around me). So he was with me for few days I guess and stuck between two different worlds. And as soon as I hear d that he answered to my call I released him. I used ritual salt to protect myself and the ring was just big enough to surround me. I also asked God and Goddes to help me and understand this spirits and protection from all elements against evil spirits or forces. I will try to evoke Dantalion again during this week....Or did I invoke him?never remember which one is the right word. Anyways I used normal black mirror when calling him... :) Bthw, I remember reading a story where herbs and plants were used to clear the house from negative or hostile energy.

blessings to all 8)

frater_altpath
21st November 2006, 07:28 PM
Thank you operasinger,

It's funny you mention Dantalion since I was asked a few days ago to work some magick for a friend of a friend and so I started casually reading about experiences people have had with goetics. One person said that Dantalion shows up as a woman and that she's very good with love and lust which is what that client wants. Now you post about your evocation, so I'll think more seriously about evoking her.

I just read Lon Milo Duquette's "My Life with The Spirits" and it's incredibly inspirational for an aspiring magician. To read about all those mistakes that he's made (that I would never think of even trying) and he's still alive, well, that's just cool. I also like his laid-back aproach to the Goetia which makes me feel it's all a matter of how I use it. In other words, if I expect the pits of hell to open up from beneath my house and to see a lot of freaky stuff, I might get that. But if I'm relaxed and don't expect to see any physical manifestations, I'll probably just feel a presence (which is what I usually get) and not get any problems.

I've been trying to get my stuff together to put Michael and other angels into a book of power which will tie me to them for the rest of my life so I'm going to be performing more evocations in the next few days/weeks so that I can make sure they'll get along with me. I'll post my success/failure stories in new threads.

operasinger
23rd November 2006, 06:25 PM
Could you pm me if you have success with goetia spirits or generally speaking when you have success? I started with magick only 2 years ago and listened myself before I tried evocation. I thought Dantalion was him not her. Anyways:Dantalion 71st spirit.He is Duke great and mighty,appearing in the form of MAN with many countenances, all men's and women's faces and he hath a book in his righ hand. His office is to teach all arts and sciences unto any;and to declare the secret counsel of anyone; for he knoweth the thoughts
of all men and women, and can change the at his will. He can cause love,, and show the similitude of any person, and show the same by vision,let them be in what part of the world they will. He governeth 36 Legions of spirits.
So to me he/she seems to be very useful spirit. Could you let me know if you get information what category does goetia spirits belong to?
Some say that they are demons, and some are saying that they are said to be demons so that newbies don't get their fingers burned,,,,Thanks,

operasinger
24th November 2006, 05:37 PM
Did you use sigil of Michael when evoking? I have The Grimoire of Armadel in my bookshelf by S.L.MacGregor Mathers but not sure if it's useful or if it has correct sigils. Are you familiar with that? Or is there somebody else perhaps who's familiar with that book? Good luck for your evokings.... 8)

frater_altpath
24th November 2006, 11:12 PM
I didn't use any Michael sigils, actually. I just used his name and declared that I wanted Michael of the Sun. There's alot of different Michaels, I'm told. They all have different functions and abilities, but are all the same one (like the Christian Trinity). Using the hebrew name might be good too. You can find it searching on google.

Simply chanting his name is enough to make contact with him, since he's quick to help anyone that needs it. Definately one of the more powerful beings in the universe and quick to answer.

alwayson4
17th November 2008, 10:20 PM
I have read from multiple sources, such as the new correct translation of the Abramelin operation, and Franz Bardon, that you are not supposed to evoke anything until you have a extremely high level of development/contact with your Holy Guardian Angel. Robert Bruce has had contact with his HGA, based on his Catch Basket article.

THE best book I have read on the subject is by Carroll "Poke" Runyan. He also has a DVD, which was even more enlightening. Both book and divx of the dvd are available from torrent. If you study both DVD and book, you will be ahead of 99.9% of people who attempt this.

To evoke properly is not hard BUT, it requires certain equipment, if you want to do it the best way. Sure you can half-ass it as well, but why would you want to do that?

One main question I have is....what is the difference between Goetic spirits/demons and negs??

frater_altpath
18th November 2008, 02:42 PM
alwayson4,

Just because an Author says something is a certain way, doesn't mean that's how it really is.
For example, IMHO, if one waits until achieveing union with their HGA to perform spirit evocation/invocation then they'll never do it. Ever. I don't know anybody that has actually gone through the process of making contact with their HGA without ever having evoked spirits beforehand. I'm talking about magicians here, not so much talking about the energy workers and astral projectors on this forum (or Robert Bruce).
I am of course talking in general, there's exceptions to everything but that's generally how it works. The fact is most people need something to back up their belief in magic and spirits. Most people won't take the time and effort it takes to do Abramelin (it can take years to prepare for it) without ever having backed-up their belief in the spirit world and usually by then one will have gone through plenty of work just to get to that point.

I don't agree that Poke Runyons book and DVD are the best resources. They're one style of working, not necessarily a good one. He leads people to believe that it's necessary to evoke a goetia spirit opposite an angel. If anything that's just dangerous since the daemon and angel might not get along and cause long-term damage to the magician.
Btw, angels and daemons are not necessarily enemies, usually they can work together and they are not polar opposites of each other despite popular belief. It's rare but some don't get along such as Raphael with a certain daemon.

A neg is a simple way of reffering to any number of types of spirits, whether deads or astral clutter, that simply feed on some people or try to hurt them for whatever reason.

A goetia daemon (notice I say daemon and not demon) is a high ranking spirit that has been worked with extensively by magicians for awhile. They have well known seals and because of that they are less dangerous (again IMHO) to have around than a Neg. I don't actually agree with Roberts view on what daemons are but we're all entitled to our own opinions :)

To be clear, demons and daemons are not the same entity. "Demon" I think is what the christians came up with way back similarly to Roberts modern usage of "Neg" to refer to an entity that causes trouble.
A daemon on the other hand is more appropriate to ancient entities like the ones from grimoires, or demonized gods, but not evil necessarily. They're used to people for the most part, and are sometimes benevolent and beneficial for humans. They generally don't possess people like "demons" do.
I recommend the wiki article on daemons to get a decent overview of what a daemon is exactly. Although there's no mention of entities from the goetia or other grimoires, it doesn't take much work to figure out that's what they are.

alwayson4
18th November 2008, 10:41 PM
I did not mean to imply that you need to evoke exactly like Poke Runyan does.

I stand by my original statement, that if you do study his works and DVD, you will be ahead of 99% of people who evoke.

What authors do you follow?

Also, what is the entire point to evoking? What is the value or purpose?

star
19th November 2008, 03:21 AM
I think its loads of fun. I've been teased by evoked entities and worked with them as well. They can teach, remove unwanted entities, or do energy healings, give advice... See clairvoyantly things we might miss.

But I suppose asking why someone would invoke is like asking why someone perfers tea over coffee. Sometimes "I like this way better" or "it works better for me this way" is all the answer you'll get too.

Did I mention that having a powerful entitiy in the room with you will stregthen your aura? IMO

Michael entered into a room I was in once. The conversations myself and my friends were having just ceased for a few minutes. Just this strong feeling was in the room... Micahel saw that he was interrupting, apologized and left. It was neat.

I am speaking of the energy of the guy, not some physical manifestation or freaking man with wings appearing BTW. Ha!

frater_altpath
20th November 2008, 02:42 PM
LOL Star, that's all very true, I agree completely with your post.

As for authors, I like Agrippa and anything old. Nothing new, since it's nothing new really. The old books explain it all, and the new authors just try to break it down in todays terms. Which ultimately ruins the original message.
For example Tysons edition of the three books of occult philosophy actually distorts the old book. An easy example to look up, he quotes in his notes that spirits are the mediators between god and man, when in actuality the original quote is that daemons are the mediators. That's the first message he distorts, and throws off would-be researchers to believe spirits in general are good, but makes no mention of daemons.

alwayson4
20th November 2008, 05:43 PM
Now I am really confused.

You say, you do not recommend Poke Runyan....but he is known for following all the old texts exactly.

With the exception of his angelic correspondences and his use of the phoenician alphabet, he is the only author I know of, that follows the proper way of doing things.

alwayson4
20th November 2008, 06:30 PM
I reread your message.....

I think I understand now. You reject ALL modern authors.

frater_altpath
21st November 2008, 06:12 AM
Well, what exactly is the correct way of doing things? I don't believe that Poke's method of evocation is classical or traditional in any way. I've seen his rituals. Old style rituals don't even resemble modern understanding of what a ritual is. An old ritual can be to write some symbols on a leaf, chew it and then spit it onto the floor and wait for a manifestation. That's a weird example that I completely made up, but you get the idea. What I mean is, in the old days and old ways of thinking, it wasn't all drama and psycological to put one "in the mood" for magic, as Poke believes. It was actually believed that following this and that formula, you got the results you expected.

I don't reject all modern authors, only the ones that either rehash what has already been said and done, the plagiarists, and the ones that go around saying their method is the method of doing it, and no other way will work. Some modern authors have written very good books though, and I enjoy those books.