PDA

View Full Version : Crystals and energy work

Senheiser
28th October 2006, 10:18 PM
I readed many articles about crystals and their aid in various situations. For example Amethyst is said that can aid insomnias, Calcite, Hematite and Iolite in astral projections, Moonstone intuition, clairvoyance etc. Anyone has any experiences in working with gems?
I suffer from insomnias for the last 5-6 years. I was once cured by visiting a person who is expertise in bio-energy work and he helped me a lot, but when i stopped visiting him and getting my weekly threathment, insomnias returned. One month ago i bought Amethyst gemstone and by the advice of the sales man i keep it under my pillow. Insomnias are almost gone and i have very clear vision of my dreams (which some times are lucid).

Anyone has any comments or experiences about other crystals?

29th October 2006, 01:08 AM
Here are a couple links to info about various stones and how they help:

http://www.crystalinks.com/crystal_healing.html

When you work with stones, please make sure they are properly cleansed and charged, otherwise, they can actually have the opposite affect. Here's a link to a thread discussing a similar topic:

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/showthread.php?2591-Crystal-Power

As for insomnia, that's a tough one. There are various teas and supplements you can use to help with this also. I used to use Melatonin, that did help at times and you can find it in the vitamin section at most stores.

Senheiser
29th October 2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the responce and the links scymitar72, i found that web site crystalinks.com very interesting. It's like one big online encyclopedia.
Anyway i have some other questions i couldn't find answer to.

1. How often do you need to cleanse them (salthbath and suncharging) (talking about amethyst here) once a week, twice per week more or less?

and

2. I have this issue, erm... i don't always have access to early morning sun light (work, night shifts etc etc...) Is it ok to charge them later in the day, around 10-11 AM or 2 PM? Also if you charge them under moonlight i guess they have to "look" at the moon, meaning if it's cloudy the deal is off right?

29th October 2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the responce and the links scymitar72, i found that web site crystalinks.com very interesting. It's like one big online encyclopedia.
Anyway i have some other questions i couldn't find answer to.

1. How often do you need to cleanse them (salthbath and suncharging) (talking about amethyst here) once a week, twice per week more or less?

I'm thinking about once a month. You could follow the moon cycles and do it every full moon. :) Perfect opportunity coming up November 5th to start this cycle. :wink:

2. I have this issue, erm... i don't always have access to early morning sun light (work, night shifts etc etc...) Is it ok to charge them later in the day, around 10-11 AM or 2 PM? Also if you charge them under moonlight i guess they have to "look" at the moon, meaning if it's cloudy the deal is off right?

You don't want to charge your Amethyst (or any colored quartz) in the sunlight, it will affect the color of the stone. Moonlight is fine, not sure about the cloudy issue. I know it doesn't matter for sunlight charging, but, this is moonlight here and might be a different deal.

You can use a bowl of salt to clean them, with or without moonlight is fine I think.

What I've done to 'clean' them is to put them in a bowl of salt water and to allow them to sit out all night on a full moon night. Preferably outside, but if it's too cold - try to put them in front of windows for the most exposure - if you're able to move them to another window later as the moon moves, that is excellent.

I've had very happy crystals after doing this.

I've also heard of putting them in sea salt (but not water) with them completely covered by the salt for an amount of time.

Hope this helps.

SiriusTraveler
9th January 2012, 07:18 AM
A question about Iolite. How do you use your Iolite, if anyone have any experience with that particular stone.

baalixan
12th January 2012, 08:44 PM
i don't have an answer to your question sirius, but i have another question regarding stones.

Does anyone know much about the uses etc of white jade?

see, i've had this white jade pendant for a few years that jumped out at me as i walked by a vendor, and i knew it was meant for me. It has a symbol on it that i was told by the guy, that it means balance. it hangs down just low enough to sit on my heart chakra and when i'm wearing it, it has a soothing almost cleansing effect. If i'm going through a hard time in life, and haven't been wearing it for a while, when i put it on, it seems to calm my mind, and emotions, as well as balance out my energies to an extent almost immediately, and more so after a day or 2 of having it on.

CFTraveler
12th January 2012, 09:52 PM
Here is a pretty complete grouping- I like this site for this type of thing.
http://www.crystalinks.com/gemstones.html

baalixan
13th January 2012, 09:14 AM
the first link is a dead one, {It worked yesterday, but by today it was dead. It must be a built in feature of the forum. Nevermind, I deleted the first part of my post.}

the second one was quite useful. but i found that jade is only associated with the crown chakra and harmony in one part of the site, and the main page i found this for jade

[QUOTE]Uses: Blood cleanser, heart strengthener, vision, stomach, strengthens immune system, blood, kidneys, fertility and gynecological problems, longevity, dealing with emotions, clarity, mental faculties, strengthens earth connections, protects from injury and accidents, protection, money and business, Love. Heart Chakra.[QUOTE]

explains quite a bit as to the effects i get from it, and its probably a good thing that it sits on my heart chakra through out the day...probably good that i let it rest for a couple months every few months

SiriusTraveler
13th January 2012, 09:45 AM
Something I have been pondering is if the effects of crystals are just placebo or actuall effects. Can't seem to come to a conclusion on this but my gut tells me that there are some effects brought about by crystals. I personally use iolite, have them in my pocket all day.

I have never thought about crystals untill the first time I got some from my gf this christmas. I held them in my hand and we continued to chat and then I got really dizzy. I was confused and said to her that I got dizzy and it must be these crystals I got. Also my mom got one from me as a christmas gift and suddently she also said that she became dizzy. That made me believe that they can be usefull in soem way I have just followed internet advice for the use of them so far.

Anyone know why i got dizzy?

CFTraveler
13th January 2012, 02:39 PM
Idk why the dizzying effect- you might want to get it checked for radioactivity- some rocks (not necessarily crystals, though) may have some radioactivity from various reasons (the place they came out of, etc.).
But about the physical properties of crystals- they resonate at specific frequencies, so I think it figures that there would be some effect. I'm not talking about metaphysical properties, they are obviously beyond my ken.