PDA

View Full Version : Book: A beginner's Guide to Reiki

Quantitativefool
7th August 2005, 03:48 AM
This book is by David F. Vennells. It's a relatively comprehensive but compact book on reiki, it covers the story of how it started, how it is managed, the attunement, the 5 principals and such. I'd recommend this book to anyone looking into reiki. I found it helps to have read about reiki before the attunements, I think I got more out of it that way. Any other comments?

-Stu

EOL007
8th August 2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the recomendation. I've not seen it before.

Best,

Stephen

higash
15th August 2005, 12:00 AM
sorry - but what is reiki?

Quantitativefool
15th August 2005, 05:09 PM
Reiki is a form of healing. It's based on 3 levels of attunement that you recieve from a practioner and basically opens you to a type of higher healing power.

-Stu

Tom
15th August 2005, 06:19 PM
The biggest advantage of systems like reiki is that they establish and support the belief that there will always be more energy coming in to replace what is used or given away. It is still possible when pushing energy out too quickly to become depleted, but as soon as I stop it is quickly replaced. Usually I end up with more energy after giving it away with reiki than before I start. The attunement process just helps to strengthen the connection which is already present to the supply of energy which was also present from the beginning.

Quantitativefool
16th August 2005, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that draining feeling as well after pushing alot of energy only to be replenished moments later.

-Stu