PDA

View Full Version : Britain: an official ufo mystery

enoch
1st November 2006, 11:04 PM
Before I begin: just to stress that I'm using Britain as an example because I know how our MOD deal with ufo cases. I'm not aware as to how other countries do.

When the British MOD receive ufo reports they carry out the following checks:-

1. Airforce and airport radar checks to ascertain the flight paths of known aircraft and whether they were in the area at the time of the sighting

2. Checks to ascertain the flight paths of satellites in earth's orbit.

3. Meterological checks to confirm whether or not meteors entered earth's atmosphere at the moment of sighting, including atmospheric phenomena, etc.

4. International checks (Russia and US) for information regards whether flight debris would have been re-entering earth's atmosphere (e.g. Booster rockets from satellite launches, etc.) at the time of sighting.

5. Checks with UK's prime radio telescope (Jodrell - which is 10 minutes away from my house, btw :P ) for any details on signals received, etc.

6. International checks at high level government (US) to eliminate "black projects".

Now 90-95% of sightings are explained by these checks.

But there is one in particular that is now officially regarded in Britain as 'official' (it was signed off by the top bods of the MOD as possible that it was an intelligent, genuinely of unknown origin and therefore a cause for concern).

On March 31, 1993, a craft of unknown origin penetrated the UK's air defences. Military personnel, police officers and members of the public witnessed the event en masse.

Anyone who followed ufology will know this case well but I thought I'd highlight this case in this forum as a reminder or a cautionary tale against outright dismissal. I know that its unlikely for such dismissal to arise in a metaphysical forum but it's here all the same.

Are there any other official cases that you're aware of?

CFTraveler
2nd November 2006, 02:42 PM
I don't know how 'official' this is, but Edgar Mitchell, one of the astronauts that walked on the moon, the founder of IONs, had some sort of UFO sighting. I don't recall where I read this, though, so don't take me on my word.

CFTraveler
2nd November 2006, 02:44 PM
Now that I think about it, I believe there is a UFO organization that was founded by ex-astronauts and NASA ex-employees. If I remember where I read this I'll post it- (this all goes in the 'can't remember where I read it' "useless info file"- :cry: