PDA

View Full Version : Hammy-Sink Dream

rainwing
3rd November 2006, 07:27 PM
Recently I've been getting dreams where I can fly, but it takes a lot of effort to do it. It feels like I'm holding my breath for every moment I'm off the ground, but I'm up for almost a minute before I must rest and sink back down.

Last night I listened to some Hemi-Sync while I slept, and while I initially dismissed the whole experiment as utterly without result, my dream last night slowly came back to me... which involved the same hard-to-maintain but still happening flying experience, this time in a desert. Who knows what tonight's sleep will yield?

I should start writing these things down when I wake up. Remembering the previous night's dreams is like trying to keep water cupped in your hands all day.

Chris

Dialgo
3rd November 2006, 07:49 PM
Wow, interesting dream. On a ironic note I had a dream I was flying last night too. It too, took an amazing amount of effort and at times I got close to the ground while overall never getting more than 10 feet off the ground.

So were you trying to meditate or anything before going to bed, or anything besides the hemi-sync? I meditated a while and was on the verge of a trance when I fell off to sleepy land (usually gives me really vivid dreams that I remember pretty well).

Heres an exert from my dream journal:

"I drempt I was at a large church meeting in a large building. The building had no windows, with stained wood walls and shaggy carpeted floors. Among the large atriums in the church there were winding hallways with small rooms off to the side. Church was over apparently and everyone was making their way back to the dining room. I remember seeing my pastor and several of my friends, even one who's not been in church for some time in the line with me waiting to go back to the room. Im not sure if I had been flying before but now it was apparent I could not stay on the ground very easily. My friends were amazed, and I remember being so happy even though it took great difficulty to stay in the air. At one time I was stuck on the ceiling in the halway and couldent go any higher until I got into the dining room. Once I got in there my pastor and several other pastors were talking when they noticed me flying. Some ignored me, some gave me dissapointed looks. The thing that bothered me is my pastor told me to come down, but I didn't want to. Even as he told me this I began to loose altitude and fall toward the ground, going up and down, (a couple times just to grab food) up and down. At one time one of them even tried to pull me down, and thats when I woke up."

Im not sure what flying symbolises in dreams, but who knows yours might not even have been a dream! Keep us posted. And writting dreams down when you wake up is a great idea. I do it when I have "interesting dreams". They are really fun to look back on sometimes.

enoch
3rd November 2006, 07:56 PM
Nice analogy about keeping water in cupped hands.

Love the avatar too :P

rainwing
4th November 2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks Enoch... the Duck is my unofficial power animal! :)

I read your experience with great interest, Dialgo. I like flying in my dreams... a lot... but I've never had a "tut tut" person telling me to please stop! I do think, though, that any astral beings who were with me at those times might have found it kind of weird that balloon Chris kept inflating himself with helium and darting around mid-conversation.

I think I'll share another dream in a new topic.

Chris