PDA

View Full Version : Darting Shadow Person

rainwing
4th November 2006, 08:47 AM
In college, I was having a very rough time, and decided to do some more astral projection exercises to try and make sense of my life. I got the buzzing after a short while of practice, and what happened next scared me more than a little.

My entire room looked dark, darker than normal in the early morning. However, I was clearly able to see a shadowy figure at the foot of my bed.

The next few seconds were strange, because I saw the shadow person start to run for me, but it was done frame by frame, like a slide show projection.

The first frame, it was at the foot of the bed. The next it was running around it, the next it was a foot away, then six inches, then two.

I got scared then and forcefully ended the experience, and my normal room rushed back in to greet me.

My unofficial astral projection trainer, Anne Varnes, told me in email that I was probably too without energy to complete a projection. However, I had enough energy to flit into the astral realm only second by second, so I recalled a frame-by-frame experience with the shadow person as a result, rather than with full time vision.

I don't know who that person was, but she said it could just have sooner been an old friend rushing to greet me as it was something nasty from my own psyche trying to test me. I still don't know who or what it was, but judging by the state of my life then, the latter seems very plausible. My projections up to that point had almost all been shrouded in darkness.

Chris

BriMercer
28th November 2006, 07:36 PM
It likely was your own astral double that you were viewing, which had already made separation. See Mastering Astral Projection, Chapter/Week 2.

Hastor
24th November 2008, 01:41 AM
my first question to a lot of the people in this group is if any of them have ever read Robert's book astral dynamics?
in it he answers a lot of the questions that i have read popping up here.

to answer this post, in Astral Dynamics Robert talkied about frightening things occuring directly before, during,
or directly after a projection, there can be frightening to distracting sounds or images occuring. Robert equated this
to beings in the direct area to be "fluffing up" or just trying to look scarier than they actually are. This is most likely
because of the enormous amount of power an intelligent projector wields in the RTZ. the best way to get past this
is to get as far away from your body as possible immediatly after speration and to block out any distracting
images that occur during.

i hope my advice helps.
thank you, thank you, thank you

CFTraveler
24th November 2008, 02:34 PM
He also says what Brian said in MAP, which he is quoting. I tend to like that explanation better, because I have tested it personally.

solo devilman
2nd February 2009, 04:59 AM
have you ever seen demonic shadow figures ,i have

Leswan
13th April 2009, 08:27 PM
Rainwing,

Please see the following that I posted on another forum:

http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,2239.0.html

The shadow figure kept me from projecting for the best part of 12 months, such was the fear that I felt.

The resources that I include in the post were the keys that enabled me to overcome the fear and embrace the next stage of my development.

I strongly disagree that your shadow figure was merely your astral double appearing by way of a feedback effect. Your experience played out in a very similar way to mine: the dark, grainy quality of your surroundings and the jerky movement of the shadow figure.

Have you managed to project since this experience?