PDA

View Full Version : Dreams interlocking?

Lunais
5th November 2006, 05:21 PM
I had a dream on my birthday (Friday) that I blew out a bunch of candles on a cake and wished I was a girl. Then the next night, I had a dream that I WAS a girl.

Are things that happen in seperate dreams supposed to carry over? I always used to think dreams were seperate instances, created in your own mind and then for the most part destroyed when you woke up. But would it be possible that dreams are like, glimpses of an alternate you in some random alternate dimension with different laws and boundaries? And if you are glimpsing on you, even if it is another you, it's not too outlandish for lucidity to the the equivalent of "switching places" (the you you "switch" with goes to sleep (Or at least a daydream) and you "wake up" as them). Maybe that's when THEY dream and look in on us and that's where daydreams come from =O

I never did get a cake to blow candles out on. =/

5th November 2006, 05:34 PM
This might be of some interest to you :

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=3008

rainwing
6th November 2006, 01:13 AM
Sometimes I would have dreams that played like really thrilling movies, but I would wake up halfway through it. I've often hoped for part 2 after that, but no dice!

Chris

cainam_nazier
6th November 2006, 08:48 AM
Dreams can continue from night to night. It happens frequently. You can also have several dreams covering the same topic or situation seeing different angles of each time. It could depend on a couple of different things as far as why it happens. But ultimately it is just a variation of a recurring dream. Instead of getting the same thing however you get the next section.

CFTraveler
6th November 2006, 02:11 PM
Not only do I get recurring dreams, but I get what I call serial dreams of a whole story occurring in a few nights(as cainam described). I also create dream landscapes (or at least I think I do since I've never seen a city in the sky, for example) and these scapes change over time, as if they were physically real, and different things happen in them, as I come back to them.
I have often wondered if those recurring dreams are really alternate realities that I am permitted to perceive from here, so to speak.