PDA

View Full Version : trance is tough!

lowell
7th November 2006, 09:07 AM
I cannot trance! It's very hard for me. I've been trying for months... I know it'll happen but it's frustrating. I've been hearing astral noises like doors slamming and yelling though. Does this mean anything, like I'm close maybe? Do these sounds happen when you enter trance or when you're leaving your body?

thanks

Antoll MA
7th November 2006, 09:29 AM
-> lowell,

Before entering in trance I quiet my body during 10 minutes.
In the book 'The third eye' Lobsang Rampa, Lama Mingyar Dondup tell Lobsang:
1.) Imagine you have fallen from a cliff. you are on the ground all demolish. Your muscles without springs.
2.) Imagine your legs and arms are inhabited by borwnies. Tell them to go away. Until your head.
3.) Your body is inabited by Lamas. Tell them to go away.
4.) Relax your mounth, lips. Close gently your eyelids.
5.) Imagine a black square, the nil. Your thoughts are trying to escape from this square. Catch them and put them again in the square.

... Personally I think it is only the power of the thought to enter in trance.

bastien001
22nd December 2006, 09:22 AM
I've been hearing astral noises like doors slamming

Hi, you are in trance there !

Do these sounds happen when you enter trance or when you're leaving your body?

I don't know but I would say "both" but you were in trance, that seems obvious to me.

Veles
22nd December 2006, 12:26 PM
i never had problems entering the trance, myself, but it sounds like you ARE in trance, lowell. If you can hear hypnapompic noises then how else do you explain it to yourself?

P.S.
Antoll MA, that sounds interesting! i'm gonna try that trance "technique" :)

lowell
5th May 2007, 05:53 AM
Yeah I guess you guys're right... how else WOULD you explain the sensations/noises. However when I think back, it's as if I was only in that state for a split second and the noise distracted me out of it. I think either THAT happens or I fall asleep.

CFTraveler
5th May 2007, 06:08 PM
The hypnagogic state starts out when you are in a light trance, and will get longer and more 'in synch' with you as you go deeper in. So if you're in the beginning of trance, sudden astral noise can make you snap out of it. That's why phasers most often recommend to 'passively observe' without being too interested in what you're seeing/hearing untill things acquire more of a smooth-flowing pace, as you 'tune into' the astral.

Kevin Bridges
30th January 2010, 07:48 AM
The noises are definitely significant.

If I could give you one piece of advice, I'd say keep away from statements like, "I cannot trance!" I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it has to be the worst kind of affirmation, especially if you really believe it! :shock:

heliac
30th January 2010, 08:35 PM
-> lowell,

Before entering in trance I quiet my body during 10 minutes.
In the book 'The third eye' Lobsang Rampa, Lama Mingyar Dondup tell Lobsang:
1.) Imagine you have fallen from a cliff. you are on the ground all demolish. Your muscles without springs.
2.) Imagine your legs and arms are inhabited by borwnies. Tell them to go away. Until your head.
3.) Your body is inabited by Lamas. Tell them to go away.
4.) Relax your mounth, lips. Close gently your eyelids.
5.) Imagine a black square, the nil. Your thoughts are trying to escape from this square. Catch them and put them again in the square.

... Personally I think it is only the power of the thought to enter in trance.

I had to chuckle a little when i read this. Your legs and arms inhabited by brownies? Like the food brownies? Or girl scout brownies? and they are inhabiting you and you tell them to go away? Thats so mean, the girl scouts are selling those brownies for a good cause when they come to your door.

At first when i read, "your body is inhabited by Lamas", i thought it meant the animal, HA! what would that do? :D

CFTraveler
30th January 2010, 11:17 PM
Could he mean this (http://www.brownie-camera.com/articles/origin/origin.shtml) kind of brownie?

Man, now I'm hungry. For brownies. Heliac, I'm blaming you for this.

heliac
31st January 2010, 05:20 PM
Ha!I hope he means brownie the food. When i layed down to sleep last night i did sponging up my arms and legs and imagined it was brownies(the food) moving along inside, it made my mouth start to water and made me want to eat some brownies.Where is the hungry smiley? :lol:

CFTraveler
31st January 2010, 07:32 PM
Now, if you had a brownie, would you tell it to go away? (Unless it was a sort of 'detachment' exercise)---

Serpentarius
31st January 2010, 08:50 PM
Now, if you had a brownie, would you tell it to go away? (Unless it was a sort of 'detachment' exercise)---

Brownies should be eaten, not set free... :roll:

http://www.fiberstar.net/images/Brownie300dpi.jpg

CFTraveler
31st January 2010, 08:53 PM
I had brownies today. And now I know why.