PDA

View Full Version : Pulse Questions

rainwing
7th November 2006, 09:15 AM
I'm not sure if this is common, but I can induce body-wide tingles that start from the solar plexus at will, and there seems to be no limit to how many times I can do it. I'm not sure if this has a name, so I just call it pulsing.

What is this phenomenon? How does it fit into NEW? What can it be used for? Can it help clear massive energy blockages in my shoulders?

I really want to get the juice flowing to my hands so I can start practicing healing and such.

Thank you,
Chris

Korpo
7th November 2006, 12:15 PM
AFAIK solarplexus and chest region are associated with the middle tantien, related to emotional development and for associated with energies we take in from food and air as well.

Compare this with the lower tantien, associated with the physical body and the energies we possess from birth on such as the essence, in the abdomen.

With the lower tantien it is known that especially in the Chan/Zen tradition (where it is known as Hara as well) one possible skill to master is to sink the mind's center into the lower tantien and from there work with all the outgoing energy pathways throughout the body, clearing and unblocking them.

This may be the same phenomenon from a different tantien, maybe in another energy body? Does it feel very physical or more subtle? Where exactly related to the breastbone/chest would you define the solarplexus to be?

It would be interesting to hear from people round these forums having experienced phenomena like you have or the one I mentioned for comparison.

As for healing - depending on the kind of healing technique you apply it is not sufficient to have some given amount of energy, but to fulfill the following requirements:
* Be able to sustain an unblocked energy flow for example through the hands.
* Be capable to sense energy in one self and in others (possibly by touch)
* Be capable of directing energy - organs can have excessive energy and blockages just as well as a lack of energy - they can be Yin and lack energy, or Yang and overheated by too much excess or blocked energy.

Not simply pouring energy on top creates the healing, but the return of the flow, clearing of blockages, return of balance, flushing/storing excess energy, replenishing energy.

Furthermore energy can have Kan (water or cool and pure) or Li (Fire or hot and impure) quality. Refining energy towards a more pure quality is important as well, and requires development of and within the healer, as the healer's system can get burdened by the energies they handle within their patients. When the healers balances the patient and unbalances him- or herself in the process, it leads to burnout.

As for healing, you may want to look at a technique like "Chi Nei Tsang", a technique working with the abdomen and lower tantien, massage and energy flow.

jalef
7th November 2006, 12:45 PM
i also experience something like this but with some differences:
1. the pulsing can come from the solar plexus/heart area or from the lower abdomen/hips depending on what area i focus on.
2. theres a limit to how often i can do it. there are about 3 pulses and then i kinda have to recharge. it works better for the lower abdomen/hips than for the solar plexus/heart area.

Korpo
7th November 2006, 01:28 PM
Maybe this could correlate with the person's development in the three areas - physical, emotional and mental.

@jalef: Are you a very physical type? Healthy, good physique? ;) This could explain, why this is easier to pulse from the lower tantien than from the middle one. Do you feel any benefits from this? Do blockages clear? Do you feel good or tired? Do detoxification symptoms show up?

Man, I'm nosy. ;)

rainwing
8th November 2006, 09:05 AM
Jalef, I think I might have misspoke when I said I had no limits on the pulses. Actually, after 3-5 pulses, I need to relax for a second or two before I can pulse again. As long as that brief moment of respite is had, though, I'm free to continue pulsing at will. Is this the same for you?

Korpo, it feels very physical, like a shiver from suddenly entering a very cold room, but not at all unpleasant. And actually, now that I think about it, the pulses used to originate from my solar plexus a few years ago; I just took it for granted until I really took stock of where they were coming from now.

Because now that you mention it, it feels like it's originating from the back of my neck now, right behind my throat.

As for the solar plexus area, it's just to the right of where my heart is. The pulses used to come from there, but now they simply wash over that area.

The pulses go:
Up to my scalp
Down my arms, where they stop at the elbow
Down my torso and legs, where they stop just below the knee

No matter how many pulses I send out, that's where they dissipate. What are these kooky things? Any ideas?

Chris

Korpo
8th November 2006, 02:06 PM
Do you do any energy work for clearing blockages - are you blocked at those places? I may have to lookup in a book whether these points are "pathway terminators". ;)

I do not know but I have a similar phenomenon, at least to your last description. It originates at my lower back, near the mingmen - the opposite point of the navel point of the lower tantien, where it joins the spine, and near the kidney gates. You could call it spontaneous ventings. I had those spontaneously sometimes. It felt like a shudder, first venting in my back, and later on "farther" when I started cleaning my energy pathways. I do not trigger them, though. According to a book I read these spontaneous ventings can happen if excess Chi from the kidneys (prenatal essence Chi) is not stored in the lower tantien. This phenomenon does as well not go "the full way", but its "range" has increased with a more unblocked energy body.

jalef
8th November 2006, 07:59 PM
@jalef: Are you a very physical type? Healthy, good physique? Wink This could explain, why this is easier to pulse from the lower tantien than from the middle one. Do you feel any benefits from this? Do blockages clear? Do you feel good or tired? Do detoxification symptoms show up?

yes this sounds logical. i do martial arts so i am at a very good physical conditioon. after the pulsing i feel good and a bit energyzed. there are not detoxification symtoms although theres a slight feeling of relief.

Jalef, I think I might have misspoke when I said I had no limits on the pulses. Actually, after 3-5 pulses, I need to relax for a second or two before I can pulse again. As long as that brief moment of respite is had, though, I'm free to continue pulsing at will. Is this the same for you?

after about 3 pulses and a rest of some seconds i can start it again but this has definately limits. maybe i can start the pulsing 2-4 times but then it doesnt work any more.

Because now that you mention it, it feels like it's originating from the back of my neck now, right behind my throat.

this reminds me of another similar phenimenon i experience regularly. its also pulsing but the reason behind it seems to be different:
when i do intensive energy work on my base chakra after some time a huge energy shoots up my spine (i think its a kundalini spike. at the moment i work at getting it at both left and right side equally strong).
when it reaches a point at the back of my head a few inches above the throat then this point feels extremely energyzed. this feeling becomes stronger and stronger until a peak is reached and when it is reached then the pulsing starts at this point until it isnt energyzed enough for the pulsing.
but when the pulses reach the base chakra a new energy spike rises through the spine and satrats the pulsing again. this can go about 5 times but then thers normally not enough energy neither in this point nor in the base chakra to make it go again.
after this i feel very energyzed but not tired.[/code]

CFTraveler
8th November 2006, 08:59 PM
Do you do any energy work for clearing blockages - are you blocked at those places? I may have to lookup in a book whether these points are "pathway terminators". ;)

I do not know but I have a similar phenomenon, at least to your last description. It originates at my lower back, near the mingmen - the opposite point of the navel point of the lower tantien, where it joins the spine, and near the kidney gates. You could call it spontaneous ventings. I had those spontaneously sometimes. It felt like a shudder, first venting in my back, and later on "farther" when I started cleaning my energy pathways. I do not trigger them, though. According to a book I read these spontaneous ventings can happen if excess Chi from the kidneys (prenatal essence Chi) is not stored in the lower tantien. This phenomenon does as well not go "the full way", but its "range" has increased with a more unblocked energy body.
This sounds like this:
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... t=shudders (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=1438&highlight=shudders)
Check it out!

rainwing
12th November 2006, 08:32 AM
That helped shed some light on the subject, CFT... thanks.

Is it unusual to be able to summon these pulses without needing music, movies or a whole lot of time?

Chris

CFTraveler
12th November 2006, 04:58 PM
That helped shed some light on the subject, CFT... thanks.

Is it unusual to be able to summon these pulses without needing music, movies or a whole lot of time?

Chris For me just thinking of them is enough to bring one up. Like now, for example.