PDA

View Full Version : OBE vs Phasing vs Astral Travel

wstein
8th November 2006, 07:39 AM
This is an topic suggested by the survey.

What if anything distinguishes these terms. I know that they are not entirely used consistently.

For me:

Phasing is a projection of minimally (part of) awareness but can also include other capabilities. Often this results in dual simultaneous sensory streams at a single consciousness.

Astral travel (including RB's method) involves a duplication of awareness/consciousness and possibly other bodies and the duplicate (not original) is sent off. This creates separate sensory streams each returning to separate consciousness.

OBE is a general term including most things where awareness leaves the (physical) body and returns. As such it includes Phasing and Astral Travel. OBE also includes other stuff like NDE, journeying, and visions.

CFTraveler
8th November 2006, 01:17 PM
The way I understand it:

You can switch your awareness, or focus of consciousness outside the body. This is phasing. You do not generate an energetic double to do this, although there is a physical component to it in my experience.
You can generate an astral double and visit either the RTZ or go forth to another Astral Plane. This is an OBE.
They are both forms of Astral Projection. All of it is Astral projection. The difference is in the exit, vehicle or style of the projection.

An etheric projection is classed in the intermediate energetic state between the material and the astral- I don't understand this distinction, so to me, it doesn't exist. I'm sure many will disagree with me.

8th November 2006, 03:48 PM
I think this was a kind of phasing experience. I was wide awake, yet, what I saw in my mind's eye was very real :

I was about to meditate, but still thinking about a gnome I saw, I thought "Thank You! So very nice to meet you!". All of the sudden in my minds eye, I saw a bunch of gnomes, they were surrounding me. I looked like this big sphere of light. They showed me this really big tree that seemed to be thier hang out - kind of like the Keebler Elf tree, lol. One told me his name, but I am terrible with names and could not make it out.

Anyway, it felt so loving and friendly. I think they even offered to look after my back yard area?

I think I really like elementals.

Any thoughts?

sash
8th November 2006, 04:24 PM
Phasing for me is often quite weird because I will get a similar effect to what scymi mentioned but sometimes it might be a sound with no images, or a feeling etc. The main thing for me with phasing is determining if it is in some 'RTZ' style or not (ie. to draw the line between phasing and imagination/daydream).

OBE seems to encompass not just astral projection but all projection that is a product of an astral projection style exit (etheric or causal projection). NDE is the same but the exit is a product of 'temporary' death (that sounds strange reading it out, but I can't think of a better term).

8th November 2006, 04:33 PM
Felt like I connected to an Elemental realm?

star
8th November 2006, 05:18 PM
I'm confused on the difference between getting feedback from someone who you may be feeling. Since sometimes it seems to lead into phasing or an astral projection in itself.

CFTraveler
8th November 2006, 05:34 PM
I think this was a kind of phasing experience. I was wide awake, yet, what I saw in my mind's eye was very real :

[quote="Scymitar72]I was about to meditate, but still thinking about a gnome I saw, I thought "Thank You! So very nice to meet you!". All of the sudden in my minds eye, I saw a bunch of gnomes, they were surrounding me. I looked like this big sphere of light. They showed me this really big tree that seemed to be thier hang out - kind of like the Keebler Elf tree, lol. One told me his name, but I am terrible with names and could not make it out.

Anyway, it felt so loving and friendly. I think they even offered to look after my back yard area?

Any thoughts? Yes, but not serious. Did you ever see the 'Billy and Mandy' about the Mushookies? That's what it reminded me of. Now, back to the theme at hand... I've always wanted to see fairies or elementals, but never have. :cry:

8th November 2006, 06:34 PM

[quote="Scymitar72]I was about to meditate, but still thinking about a gnome I saw, I thought "Thank You! So very nice to meet you!". All of the sudden in my minds eye, I saw a bunch of gnomes, they were surrounding me. I looked like this big sphere of light. They showed me this really big tree that seemed to be thier hang out - kind of like the Keebler Elf tree, lol. One told me his name, but I am terrible with names and could not make it out.

Any thoughts? Yes, but not serious. Did you ever see the 'Billy and Mandy' about the Mushookies? That's what it reminded me of. Now, back to the theme at hand... I've always wanted to see fairies or elementals, but never have. :cry:

I haven't seen that. :(

About the Gnomes, the little guys were so darned cute and friendly! I really liked them a lot and hope to see some again soon. :D

Louise43
10th November 2006, 09:33 AM
Felt like I connected to an Elemental realm?

Certainly sounds like an elemental contact to me. Gnomes represent the element of Earth. I have felt their presence a few times, albeit very fleeting but I have never seen them. Your very lucky and I am a little envious :wink:

Louise