PDA

View Full Version : Skidboot the Dog

8th November 2006, 10:40 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... boot&hl=en (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5249518974978628334&q=skidboot&hl=en)

This made me tear up. *sniff sniff*

:D

journyman161
22nd December 2006, 11:49 AM
Dogs are wonderful people. Watching them bond to a human is always meaningful. Seeing humans stuff them up is devastating.

there is a body of thought (& some evidence) that we wouldn't have become human without dogs - they took the guard & sentinel duties, they held on to their smell & hearing while we traded up for intelligence (some may debate the 'up') & allowed us the time to develop our brains to the point we could survive.

When you think seriously about it, there is something strange about an animal that can bond so directly to another species. There are individual animals of other types that can have a special relationship with humans but every dog has the potential to be so attached.

Dogs complete us & it is the heart of sadness that our society has moved away from them being an integral part of our lives. The love of a dog has no equal & stands in a different class to the love of one human for another.

Dialgo
22nd December 2006, 04:29 PM
Wow, such a great film! Thanks for sharing it Scymitar! As for what Journyman said...I pretty well agree and thats some pretty interesting stuff.

Susie
28th December 2006, 01:35 AM
Thank you for posting! I have to agree- there is a special connection between dogs and humans that is unlike any other. Mine has taught me so much about life, and seems to know things about me that can only be explained by a spiritual connection. I am grateful to her and love her dearly- she is my best friend. I have a t-shirt that I got when I adopted her from the shelter that says "who rescued whom?" -and that is exactly how I feel. I think we rescued each other.

28th December 2006, 01:36 AM
...I think we rescued each other.

That's exactly how I feel about my cat. :)

CFTraveler
28th December 2006, 02:07 AM
I used to always have dogs until I got my first cat, Coco, and thought she was weird because of the 'cat's aren't supposed to bond with you' theory, and she always followed me around wherever I was. Then we got Oliver, and he's even sweeter than her, if that's possible. So I have to say that we have two cats who are bonded with me. And they have the ability to smile with their eyes. I love my kitties.

Jimbobjoejr
28th December 2006, 07:42 AM
...I think we rescued each other.

That's exactly how I feel about my cat. :)
same. i don't know what i'd do without my cat. he has helped me through alot of hard times and has brought alot of happyness into my life and my family's. :)

Kashmirror
11th March 2007, 12:56 PM
Aloha!
-I've found that all animals have this ability. You just have to try to make them your friend, some more than others.