PDA

View Full Version : OBE and the Senses in the RTZ

enoch
9th November 2006, 02:43 PM
When someone projects into the RTZ they can be said to maintain their senses in that sight and hearing is maintained. Sound travels in waves like light or heat does, but unlike them, sound travels by making molecules vibrate. So, in order for sound to travel, there has to be something with molecules for it to travel through. On Earth, sound travels to your ears by vibrating air molecules. In deep space, the large empty areas between stars and planets, there are no molecules to vibrate. There is no sound there.

so my question is: If someone projects to space in the rtz, can that person still hear sounds?

CFTraveler
9th November 2006, 03:41 PM
When someone projects into the RTZ they can be said to maintain their senses in that sight and hearing is maintained. Sound travels in waves like light or heat does, but unlike them, sound travels by making molecules vibrate. So, in order for sound to travel, there has to be something with molecules for it to travel through. On Earth, sound travels to your ears by vibrating air molecules. In deep space, the large empty areas between stars and planets, there are no molecules to vibrate. There is no sound there.

so my question is: If someone projects to space in the rtz, can that person still hear sounds? I never have, but I can't speak for anyone else, or for what can and cannot happen.

enoch
9th November 2006, 04:25 PM
thanks cf. :wink:

Aunt Clair
21st November 2006, 11:24 AM
so my question is: If someone projects to space in the rtz, can that person still hear sounds?

If a projector projects to space the body can still hear in trance in the physical and the spirit communication can still occur with clairaudience in any realm . My understanding of RTZ is the Real Time Zone which is the physical plane in real time . I think you mean to say Real Time not Real Time Zone but perhaps we have different definitions of these terms .

Zante
16th January 2007, 09:07 PM
There are a few misconceptions here. The most obvious being that you assume astral sight is interchangeable with its physical counterpart and that hearing of the physical and astral variety are the same things.

When someone projects into the RTZ they can be said to maintain their senses in that sight and hearing is maintained.

This does not sound accurate to me, either that or I have the context wrong. Furthermore, it's not sound or light that we're looking for in these examples, instead it's meaning and interpretation.

Let's think outside the box. Instead of assuming that light and sound are physical manifestations let's say they are something far grander. That all sound is at the end of the day is the vibration of something, matter or stuff with a similar attribute to matter in that it's able to vibrate. That would mean that our physical bodies do not receive "sound" in the same way that our astral bodies do and that anything we do hear while in the physical is just an emulation/improvization of an input we aren't able to understand as easily as when we are "out" (due to the physical brain). That would also explain why sounds and images are so much clearer when we are out of body.

So, that's one way of looking at it.

I've had an experience wherein I was caught between two exploding stars and the imagery was fantastic. The thing is it was very unlikely to be the RTZ. All I got at the time was a huge rumbling sound and when I looked at my body it was covered in a glowing sheath.

CFTraveler
16th January 2007, 09:50 PM
There are a few misconceptions here. The most obvious being that you assume astral sight is interchangeable with its physical counterpart and that hearing of the physical and astral variety are the same things.

When someone projects into the RTZ they can be said to maintain their senses in that sight and hearing is maintained.

This does not sound accurate to me, either that or I have the context wrong. Furthermore, it's not sound or light that we're looking for in these examples, instead it's meaning and interpretation. I don't think you have the context wrong-I believe you are interpreting his words in a different way that I do, for example. I do believe that our astral senses, the mechanics unknown at this point, are similar in the sense that when we dowload the information received we (our subconscious) interprets it as sight and sound, since the Real Time Zone is the astral counterpart of our physical world, in theory at least in the context of the question.

Let's think outside the box. Instead of assuming that light and sound are physical manifestations let's say they are something far grander. That all sound is at the end of the day is the vibration of something, matter or stuff with a similar attribute to matter in that it's able to vibrate. That would mean that our physical bodies do not receive "sound" in the same way that our astral bodies do and that anything we do hear while in the physical is just an emulation/improvization of an input we aren't able to understand as easily as when we are "out" (due to the physical brain). That would also explain why sounds and images are so much clearer when we are out of body. I think we just said the same thing. :wink:

I've had an experience wherein I was caught between two exploding stars and the imagery was fantastic. The thing is it was very unlikely to be the RTZ. All I got at the time was a huge rumbling sound and when I looked at my body it was covered in a glowing sheath. Very cool. It's been a long time since I've been to 'outer space' (or is it inner space?) I sort of miss it.

wstein
17th January 2007, 06:20 AM
There is no sound in space. Sound requires a physical medium. Thus you can not hear nor speak to someone else.

Note that other destinations also lack 'atmoshpere'. THis is also a common problem between planes.

Zante
17th January 2007, 07:59 AM
There is no sound in space. Sound requires a physical medium. Thus you can not hear nor speak to someone else.

This is limited thinking and must seem blatantly obvious to you, I'm not even sure why you stated it. You're assuming it's physical and haven't explored any other possibilities. At the end of the day it's all theory and all you're doing is re-iterating what you "learned" from text books.

Note that other destinations also lack 'atmoshpere'. THis is also a common problem between planes.

You liken too much to the physical. What you have stated isn't even a meaningful variable when applied to an alternate reality(ies).

Any context that you were once familiar with goes out the window the moment we get metaphysical. We need something new to contemplate.

journyman161
17th January 2007, 08:51 AM

Note that other destinations also lack 'atmoshpere'. THis is also a common problem between planes.*grins* Maybe you need 'no ears' to hear 'no sound'? Sound also requires ear drum & tympani & the other bits to be translated to something that reaches the brain & yet a lot of people 'hear' noises & voices without external stimuli - it is a cop out to say all of them are hearing things. (pardon the pun)

Until we have a definite explanation for the astral, the spiritual, beingness, the universe & consciousness, it is a bold step to critique non-physical events based on rules in the physical that may not even be universal.

Don't focus on why someone couldn't have heard stars; instead look at what they may have been experiencing & why. It is far more productive.

wstein
18th January 2007, 07:24 AM
There is no sound in space. Sound requires a physical medium. Thus you can not hear nor speak to someone else.This is limited thinking and must seem blatantly obvious to you, I'm not even sure why you stated it. You're assuming it's physical and haven't explored any other possibilities. At the end of the day it's all theory and all you're doing is re-iterating what you "learned" from text books.

Note that other destinations also lack 'atmosphere'. This is also a common problem between planes.
You liken too much to the physical. What you have stated isn't even a meaningful variable when applied to an alternate reality(ies).

Any context that you were once familiar with goes out the window the moment we get metaphysical. We need something new to contemplate.

Yes it is fairly obvious to me. I was responding directly to the question as posted. If it was obvious to Enoch, then I do not think the question would have been posted.

I am speaking from my experience with OBE. This includes many very remote destinations including alternate realities.

Sorry, I was not clear that SOME other destinations lack sufficient atmosphere to carry sound.