PDA

View Full Version : Doggy snores!

stu74
10th November 2006, 04:55 PM
Ok, so this is going to sound wierd.

The other day I was laying on my sofa and just sort of fell into a meditaion as I was tired but my mind kept fluttering around and I was seeking some semblance of calm and peace.

Anywaaayy, as I was doing so my border collie, Shadow, who was asleep by my head, began to snore as he found the land of nod before me. Well, as he settled in deeper and deeper, he began to snore, a deep and comfortable sound. Ok, so hearing that was relaxing and calming even, but, every time he did snore the vibrations of the sound seemed to hit me hard in the heart area and a powerful thrum of energy would spread from the heart and sweep my body with warmth and electricity. That's the best way I can describe it. It left me refreshed, invigourated and energised. All of which left me further away from sleep than ever, lol. But the experience was very interesting and strange. I just thought I'd share this and would love to hear anybodys thoughts on this. :?

CFTraveler
10th November 2006, 05:13 PM
Doggy snore entrainment. Cool. Sometimes my kitty snuggles up next to me and her purring feels like heart chakra strobing. It's mildly annoying but love-inducing at the same time.

stargazer
5th December 2006, 08:17 AM
stu74

in the course of doing NEW I have noticed that in certain stages of development, my chakras have become responsive to vibrations / certain frequencies / resonances. I might have a day where my heart center is unusually active, and every bit of music causes it to hum in sympathy. I've even had days where a certain song on the radio had two or THREE chakras thrumming away. It's an intermittent phenomenon... but my thought it is that there is some science buried away in there somewhere and that there are certain frequencies that may enhance, stimulate, or develop the energy body. If you hum an open stringed note near a violin, if you put your ear up to it, you will hear the wood of the violin call the note in response.

Certainly the frequency of cat purring has been found to be therapeutic and since cats purr alone and while afraid, it's theorized that purring has a stimulating effect to help promote healing... rather like an internal massage.

My thoughts are either that you had sympathetic resonance in your heart chakra and that the doggy snore was just hitting that right frequency range... OR Shadow just happened to be in a nice heart place to share some energy with you. It all sounds good to me.