PDA

View Full Version : Achieving the Trance State

trmercury
11th August 2005, 09:00 PM
It seems that deep relaxation is a prerequisite for achieving O.B.E. Robert also has mentioned how trance meditation has been key for helping him get in touch with his Higher Self.

Moved here since the question about a new forum (being old) is almost besides the point, and the bump was for the ideas themselves, not the forum suggestions.-CF

Tom
11th August 2005, 09:44 PM
If you throw in silencing the internal dialogue, you have all three of the core skills that Robert Bruce describes as prerequisites in his book Astral Dynamics. It is possible to enter a trance state or to block out thinking in words while the body is tense, but it is easier to do both when relaxation has been learned first. The problem with tension is that it soon feels normal, and what feels like relaxation can be just a lower level of tension. That is why I think that of the three core skills, if any one should have its own forum, it should be relaxation.

Donald McGlinn
12th August 2005, 04:02 AM
Robert gets home tonight.

I will talk to him about both suggestions as I believe both have merit.

Donald

This was two years ago and is not the reason I revived the thread- CF

12th August 2005, 04:54 AM
IMO this all falls under Meditation and Alternate States of Consciousness. Relaxation in of itself is an altered state of consciousness if you think about it.

CFTraveler
13th August 2007, 09:32 PM
I have seen this thought throughout the forum (as I was scanning through forums) and I have to say I disagree. To me an 'altered state' is a state in which I'm not normally in my life, and to say relaxation (or being relaxed) is like saying that being stressed is the way we should be all the time.
I think that relaxation is a way to achieve an altered state, but not an altered state in itself.

0range
14th August 2007, 05:28 PM
i think this is a good idea. i've been looking through the forums about trance states since i could use some help on that, and haven't found much. a forum dedicated to it would be a good idea

Flash_hound
14th August 2007, 08:33 PM
Also Korpo has suggested a meditation forum and I think that this would link into that.

This is the one I'm talking about. I have copied and pasted his comments to the FF section there, for all of you to comment on. I can't redirect these there, so you'll have to rewrite them there.
Thanks, CF.

CFTraveler
14th August 2007, 08:52 PM
There is discussion in opening a Meditation thread in the Forum Feedback section, and trance states would be included under the purview of 'meditation'.
Like I said before, I revived the thread not because of a 2-year old request that was not approved, but for the comment that relaxation is considered an altered state, which I disagree with. (In other words, this is a topic about modes of consciousness, not a request thread). The request thread is in the 'Forum Feedback'. If you wish to add to the request, please go to Forum Feedback.
Thanks.

star
14th August 2007, 09:21 PM
The trance state is really useful, I just find that I have even less control of my energy in that state.

Its where I start to get good imagery and I feel the beginnig's of projection and/or project.

asalantu
15th August 2007, 10:41 PM
It seems that deep relaxation is a prerequisite for achieving O.B.E. Robert also has mentioned how trance meditation has been key for helping him get in touch with his Higher Self.

1 - It seems, at least for mine, that trance is main result of a form of meditation. Focusing (meditating) on falling sensation the result we have is trance state.

2 - Mind taming (Robert Bruce's core skill) in order to clean mind of surface thoughts is only introductory (necessary, anyway) stage.

Correct to me if I'm wrong. PLEASE..!

Sincerely,
Ángel