PDA

View Full Version : A Lucid Bail Out

Sparkwielder
13th November 2006, 03:37 AM
Here is something cool that happened to me last night.
I had this really frustrating bad dream that went like this.

I was leaving a job, and my co-workers and I went to a resturaunt to have my going away party. Everything was positive up to this point. I had a good relationship with the other workers (these were people that I knew in the dream, but not in real life), and my leaving that job felt positive.

Things went bad when the people I rode with left earlier than I did because someone else was supposed to arrive to bring me home later. When I tried to leave, I went out the wrong door. When I tried to go back inside, and then come out the correct door, I couldn't find it, and I kept ending up in the wrong place. I could not simply walk around the building to get to the place where my ride would be waiting; like it would be so easy to do in real life, because this wrong door actually let me out into a place that was like 20 miles away from where I should have been!

Finally I see a trail head that I recognised, and I realised that I could walk home on this trail, but it was getting dark and I would never make it in time. I started getting really worried, and very frustrated. I said to my self "This is such a rediculous dream! I am going to click my heals together three times, wake up, and be home. I don't need to resolve this stupid dream!"

I woke up first, but tapped my heals together three times just to make sure that I wouldn't fall back to sleep, and go back into that dream again.

I thought this was interesting to share in light of the fact that I have never had a concious lucid dream, or concious OBE, and I have only had a handful of spontaneous lucid dreams. This is the first time I have ever lucidly woke myself up to bail out of a nightmare. The other odd thing is that it was 30 years ago that I saw the Wizard Of Oz, so the advice of the Wizard to Dorothy was not fresh in my mind. It's strange that I remembered that.

cainam_nazier
13th November 2006, 07:02 AM
Cool. I too think that it is interesting what oddities from your memory that you think about while dreaming. It basically boils down to you wanted to leave and that was the first thing that popped into your mind. However still being able to do it shows a great deal of control. Many people may start out some what lucid but then can get pulled into the dream by the situation. Over coming any fear that you may eperience is a good thing. Even if it seems kinda lame.

CFTraveler
13th November 2006, 01:43 PM
It also seems to indicate some advancement - The idea that you were leaving your job in a positive way does indicate (to me at least) that you were giving up external guidance and now were going to rely on your own internal and conscious guidance. The fact that you became conscious to get out of the dream could mean you'll start developing that part of your talents more.