PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming and Death

rainwing
14th November 2006, 08:37 AM
I've heard that the clarity of our dreams can mirror the kind of consciousness we have after we physically die. In my case, I'm largely a spectator, which could indicate a post-death experience of being awash in a shifting, uncontrollable experience. What do you all think?

Also, I had a recent dream that I thought I'd share. I dreamed there was a snake trying to bite someone standing next to me, and I was naturally afraid of it happening. But then, on a whim, I just decided to face it down, with the strong emotion and feeling that when it struck, I would just grab it by the neck, and it wouldn't hurt them. It struck, I grabbed it, and no harm was done.

This dream kind of illuminated the fact that the astral realm (or whatever is out there), which I have had limited experience with, is easily malleable, right? If you decide something will or won't happen, that's what occurs, much like in a dream.

It also brought home the point that dreams could possibly be the physical mind's attempt to explain a nightly astral experience, which is also why they're so easy to forget. When the astral and physical mind are still linked, like a flash drive by USB cable to a computer, data can still be transferred/remembered.

However, seconds later, the connection is severed, nothing else can be stored/remembered, and the waking process is complete, bringing people back into the physical. This might explain why dreams seem so fragmented when we try to remember them, unless they're lucid, in which case the mind remembers much more.

Am I nearing some sort of answer here? Why are lucid dreams so easy to remember? What connection allows this to happen? I think I read this theory a while back, but it took time, and first hand experience, to verify it.

Chris

wstein
15th November 2006, 09:17 AM
I think you are starting to get a handle on it. Answers may take some more time. You seem to be asking good questions :)

Remembering Lucid Dreams (LDs) is not easy for everyone.

My guess is that remembering LDs is easier than Astral Travel because the parts of consciousness are not physically split. In Phasing, there is generally only one consciousness and they are easier to remember than either of the other two.