PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Meat Factory Baby!

terra incognita
18th November 2006, 07:15 PM
The last thing the Meat Factory wants you to ask are the real questions. The Meat Factory wants you to be productive, happy and socially acceptable. The Meat Factory wants you to have a new haircut, a nice car, and a nice house and to be in a pleasant game of competition with the Jones' next door. Nothing too stressful or unseemly.

Planned obsolescence is the byword of its acolytes. Incremental steps on an endless stairway toward a brighter cleaner and more productive future. The Meat Factory issues the opiates of hope and optimism with a gleam in its eye and a shine on its teeth.

The razor-sharp edge of its starched Italian suit impresses even the most casual listener with its gravitas and earnestness. The Meat Factory hands out plastic packages to every age group to fit their needs and lifestyle. Each package contains those items which were pre-packaged before that group was even born.

Every instinct and desire has been meticulously examined by the Meat Factory's White Coats. The citizens needs have been predetermined before the citizen has even felt them. Convenience and Fear are swung by the Meat Factory like opposite ends of a bolo, which is ultimately meant to bind the feet of that new soul on this earth.

The Meat Factory never wants the citizen to ask the Right Questions, so the Right Questions are never put into the citizens head. Any attempt to formulate these questions are promptly quashed and the citizen is directed toward a shiny new product.

Even the questions which might lead to those questions are ridiculed, considered trite, inconsequential, dreamy and meaningless, the citizen is told to get his "head out of the clouds". Like the cow which busted free from the slaughter house and ran over the fences, the one who asks the questions becomes a pariah.

King Solomon in Ecclesiastes spoke:

"Meaningless! Meaningless!"
says the Teacher.
"Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless."

What does man gain from all his labor
at which he toils under the sun?"

The Meat Factory sends out its representitives to patronize the spouter of these worn and obtuse sayings by asking, "Do you own a Blackberry yet?"

The soul of the citizen shrinks when his own philosophy is turned against him, like a pointed barb with the shrugs and the hopeless shaking of heads around him.

Though Atlantis may have existed only in the minds of those who believe in Unicorns and Woodland Fairies, it was said to have sunk under its excesses and misuse of human attributes. Whether in myth or reality, the Citizen senses that the concentration of human thought to the pursuit of purely physical stimulus today may be the same titanic forces which sunk that mythical realm.

The water which inundates our Modern America is one of unstoppable emotional turbulance and chaos of the mind. The tsunami of misused human intellect could cover our land and not recede but for that one lone voice which asks the Real Questions.

The Citizen who asks the Real Questions might cling to that piece of driftwood and when all hope is lost, continue clinging for the sake of his Questions. He may realize that it is not for us to make the world a better place but for us to make ourselves better people individually. To cling to that piece of drift wood and hope for a single clear fact. A fact unobscured by profit margins and ego and company logos and hatred and vice, a single pure voice which can speak of no contact to another human soul. A voice undiluted in its purity.

And clinging to that piece of driftwood he felt the Vibration. Millions of words or a library of infinite books cannot speak the volumes that the Vibration does to the soul and mind of man. So from this muck of mud and debris which surrounds the castaway clinging to his piece of driftwood, the Vibration raises him up, though not physically, to a place of safety and well-being. He is secure in his heart though vunerable in his body still.

And as the water recedes he is set down once again on firm land. Still subjected to the rules of the Meat Factory but now he has a single shining solitary star that no one sees but him.

(Based, in part, on a recent dream.)

myhoran
19th November 2006, 09:53 AM
very well done and oh so poignant. myhoran

journyman161
19th November 2006, 11:04 AM
...and maybe, just maybe, finds another who has found their star & together they are stronger than each alone.

Nice thoughts.

Rampant consumerism seems to be winning a lot of the points in recent times. A long planned campaign seems to have most souls lost in the midst of mass & possession, but then, maybe things are swinging a little at least.

We can hope, anyway.

terra incognita
9th December 2006, 07:18 PM
"It is the focus of attention, of consciousness, which is without diversion or deviation. No other energy available to you as human is as powerful. As a lense will direct energy you call light, so you can use consciousness."
Robert Monroe, Far Journeys

This quote struck me as vitally important in all of our searches for a higher life. I realized at a certain point the the focal point of our meditations and energy work cannot be without drive. What kind of drive? I think, at least for myself, an emotional drive to be a better version of myself.

This drive seems to be an amalgamation of emotions I have accrued over a lengthy period of time. This drive pushes me and allows me to focus. I use the emotion as a center and stablizing force. I believe we cannot meditate on nothing or emptiness.

This drive is an accumulation of sadness, hopelessness, selfish love, happiness, hope and selfless love. It consists of misunderstandings that stop others from seeing the good in me. It comes from my blindness to the goodness of others. If I reach out my hand to ask forgiveness it may be slapped away. If I reach out my hand to help it may be accepted.

Like a binary star dual and contrary emotions rotate around each other so swiftly as to become one. What is this new thing? All I can call it is a stabilizing force from which to build.

What are we without this nucleus of stability? What do we do with the bittersweetness of life? To do wrong and correct oneself is more potent than perfection from the beginning. But that is the story of all of our souls isn't it?

To focus our attention and consciousness through the lense of our mind. Without deviation or deflection due to the power of our desire. The more powerful our desires the more consistent we will be. We will be more consistent because our desire is so strong on a daily basis. The continuity of our mindsets will not deviate from evening to morning. The focus of our intentions will not deflect from year to year.

The focus of our desire will push us to become what we want to be. But without the crushing duality of life how can we be anything? Remember, when all hope seems to be gone we are closer then ever.

[/b]