PDA

View Full Version : An easy projection technique which works for me

Joggerman
18th November 2006, 09:50 PM
I thought I would share my recent repeatable projection technique, after much frustration and only occasional successes.
I go to sleep around 11pm each evening and normally wake at 7am.
However, I recently started getting up at 6am to let our jack russell terrier out into the back garden for a pee as she is getting old and can't hold on until morning. This means I return to bed at 6.05am to catch the final hour's sleep.
I have noticed that if I just relax, the vibrations occur within a couple of minutes without any preparation/energy work/relaxation technques etc, they are not necessary. I am able to move my astral body away from the physical with no effort. This occurs two or three times before I am due to get up at 7am
Each time I have used this method I have had OBEs, and I am hoping that I have found the 'grail' and that it continues.
My theory is that I have accidently stumbled on the correct timing to 'piggy back' on a REM period and when I am sufficiently rested to convert the descent into sleep into an OBE without loosing control and falling asleep.
I would be interested to hear if anyone else has success with this method.

CFTraveler
18th November 2006, 10:32 PM
I started to get up at 5am because of back problems and found the 'magic hour' to be around that time for me. Lately I haven't had backaches so I have slept 'til time to get up and as you can imagine haven't projected lately.
So in short, yes.

enoch
19th November 2006, 05:03 PM
I'm finding things to work alot better early morn too. Although I don't think I've full blown left my body yet, this is certainly helping. Thanks CF...and joggerdude. :P

19th November 2006, 07:58 PM
Actually, Robert Bruce and Robert Monroe teach this method. It would seem you have self-discovered a universal experience. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen quite that easily for everyone. Remembering is the hard part, which is something Robert also teaches...how to remember your OBE's.

enoch
19th November 2006, 09:07 PM
I know, phg..I've got the book. :lol: Downloading to my cerebral files and all that 8)

19th November 2006, 09:39 PM
:lol: I was addressing my comments to Joggerman's query, not yours, Enoch. :D It can't all be about you. :lol: :P

Joggerman
19th November 2006, 09:48 PM
Actually, Robert Bruce and Robert Monroe teach this method. It would seem you have self-discovered a universal experience. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen quite that easily for everyone. Remembering is the hard part, which is something Robert also teaches...how to remember your OBE's.

The difference is Robert Monroe returns to bed after a couple of hours' activity, whereas I return within a few minutes where the vibrations occur spontaniously. I have read Astral Dynamics and noticed that Robert Bruce also uses a variation of Monroe's technique.
With regard to 'remembering' - Since first projecting many years ago, I have aways moved from the physical to the 'astral' with no break in consciousness, so I remain sceptical on the existence of the mind split.

enoch
19th November 2006, 10:01 PM
well you should make clear who you're addressing, phg...this is a 'comment thread' involving more than one comment you know! 8) What have you done with your cast, phg? :twisted:

Matt
23rd November 2006, 03:08 PM
Getting up early in the morning and going back to bed after an hour or so is definitely a great way to increase OBE success. You can also improve results by using a timer to repeatedly wake up and fall asleep several times in an hour or so while you stay perfectly still and let the body enter sleep paralysis and you keep your mind awake.

Here are a couple links on doing OBEs like that:

http://www.saltcube.com/?t=rhythm-napping
http://www.saltcube.com/timer

The reason it works better in the early morning is your brain chemistry is optimized for it then:

http://www.saltcube.com/?t=morning-not-night

Also, getting lots of sunlight during the day helps a lot to prepare the brain for having the right chemistry to be able to project:

http://www.saltcube.com/?t=sun

CFTraveler
23rd November 2006, 06:58 PM
I did not know about the sun and OBEs! Thanks Matt!

Matt
23rd November 2006, 09:50 PM
You're welcome!