PDA

View Full Version : Chigung

12th August 2005, 10:04 PM
Does anybody practice chigung exercises regularly to improve their sensitivity and development in astral experiences?

EOL007
30th August 2005, 01:52 PM
Hi Taoita,

You will find that many OBEer's who have practiced Chi Gung, Tai Chi and other mind body disciplines, have found them to be serious aids to their development and sensitivity etc.

In more recent years I have found hatha yoga practice and pranayama (yoga breathing techniques) to have had similar effects.

It would be interesting to know what you have tried yourself and what your observations are following your practice?

Best,

Stephen

11th September 2005, 04:40 PM
Hi Stephen,

It is actually not referred to as Chigung but Kaimen, (I've heard it means Open Door). So basically, it's energy cultivation according to stances that adhere to a Lee Style practice of movements. I am doing primary/secondary chakras and microcosmit orbit.

Overall, I would say that the exercises were developed in accordance to a Grand Master and then passed on to the teacher I went to, so it's down to him and the students who go.

I agree with your sentiments on breathing techniques. For me, breath awareness work has become a new focus for trying the MAP work, so to tell you the truth, I don't go through each step of the objectives per se.

Hope that's ok!

tyciol
10th October 2005, 07:25 AM
I tried following along on TV once, didn't notice much... honestly, if you combine NEW with breathing it sounds just as good if not better, heh, but I dunno, maybe there's something one has that another doesn't...

kevstar
23rd October 2005, 06:35 AM
What exactly is chigung

25th October 2005, 07:37 AM
It's a generic Chinese name to describe energy cultivation. There are many different traditions, which are rooted in the TCM understanding of energy circuits (meridians) and reservoirs (extra ordinary meridians).

I don't know how many different practices of chigung exist, possibly quite a few as each developed in response to changing environments.

Generally, chigung is practised to increase vitality and to prepare for meditation when great quantities of energy are drawn upon.

Chigung also relies on the different uses of energy - prenatal, external, sexual....(I can post a link...) and coordinates these with stances, which will use the form of the energy and function through breath work.

I hope this clarifies your answer.

Energy
26th July 2006, 06:54 AM
Chi (Energy) Gung (work) literally means Energy Work.

I heard Tai Chi and Chi Gung really works well in combating sickness like cancer and they promote longevity.

snakeywake
2nd August 2006, 10:30 PM
Hi taoita :)

I am new to the forums here.
I have been practicing some Qi Gong and some Falun Gong
falun (law wheel) Gong (cultivation energy)

I have been at times over-energized and had to stop the exercises for a while. This is because I have activated kundalini and have been assisting its cleansing throughout my whole system. Microcosmic orbits are done daily and I find that I have to keep grounding.
It can overstimulate the psychic centers if done when the kundalini energy is quite strong in its surges.
I find the trick with any energy cultivation is to ensure that your spiritual self and character is kept more important than just potent energy.
Potent energy can be transformative or as I have found destructive if not balanced.

I have experienced spontaneous OBE'S and most of the time I find I am in an objective/witness kind of conscious awareness. The Qi Gong is great for focusing energy awareness and directing its movement.
I have had problems with astral travel but if I research and experiment, I am sure one day it will come together. :wink:

Pilar
29th August 2006, 08:26 PM
Hello Taoita,

I have practiced martial arts for a few years and sampled a few different styles--tai chi chuan, hung gar gung fu, JKD, Iaido...but the most helpful chi gung method I have found that blends well with this work is the Healing Tao system by Mantak Chia. Michael Winn is a good teacher. This is a traditional taoist art. Master Zhongxian Wu is also interesting.

I find "holding the tree" posture and my old basic gung fu stances to be particularly helpful in grounding my energy, and blowing out blockages in the lower body.

What are you finding helpful in your own practice? I would like to hear.

Aloha,
Pilar

22nd October 2006, 12:15 AM
Doesn't Master Hi Longzhi really advocate not mixing other practices with Falun Gong? I did that stuff for about a week and had some very intesne senations but I found the system had a TON of bagage. If you read any of his material theres something very strange about his book. I found it has a certain hypnotic quality...

the great thing with regular chi kung is you can practice that with tai chi, yoga or NEW and astral project aswell! Theres no set scripture... Perhaps you've never read the book or watched any of his lectures? I suggest you do. It will either make you love it more or hate it.

xxhealinghandxx
22nd October 2006, 08:15 PM
For me, breath awareness work has become a new focus for trying the MAP work, so to tell you the truth, I don't go through each step of the objectives per se.

I keep hearing MAP work, what is it? I probably couldn't buy some of Robert's books because I wouldn't know a place to sell them, and my parents wouldn't agree with me buying them.

As for falun gong. The reason Mr. Li Hongzhi says not to mix with other practices is because he thinks that all this different energy inside of you will "mess you up", which is pretty much all he says avoding a real reason. He believes aliens and stuff walk the earth and that he could walk through walls and be invisible when he was a child. His books are very hypnotic and he claims that if you cultivate with falun gong for long enough you will become a "supreme being" equal to a god. He also says stuff like "cultivating is up to you, Gong is up to the master" and he repeats it again and again in his book like its hypnotizing you to give him control over your energy. That's why I quit falun gong, I thought it'd be cool cause the exercises are free online but it's a cult at heart with a crazy leader, that pretty much copies the golden rule, and claims to be an ancient form of chi cultivation to which the basics are not adhered to in the practice.

My opinion, that stuffs whack.

CFTraveler
22nd October 2006, 08:22 PM
xhhx wrote:
I keep hearing MAP work, what is it? I probably couldn't buy some of Robert's books because I wouldn't know a place to sell them, and my parents wouldn't agree with me buying them. MAP stands for Mastering Astral projection. In it he goes through teaching stages of meditation, energy work (NEW) dream recall work, trance work, and exit techniques. MAP is a systematized way of developing skills for astral projection. So in this case, the energy work involved would be NEW. If you haven't already, you can look at the tutorials for astral projection and NEW and will have some of the fundamentals this way. MAP just puts it all together in a coherent and progressive way.

22nd October 2006, 09:09 PM
Yeah thats basically the same feeling I got from it... kinda wanted to avoid saying that outright as I didn't have that much experience with it. But yeah cult is basically the word that comes to mind for me. I still do strnogly disagree with the persecution that is going on inside china though. Seems to have given them a lot of piblucity and new members...

xxhealinghandxx
22nd October 2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah. Even if it is a cult, no one needs to be treated like that. :/

(thanks CFT (or CF??) )

CFTraveler
23rd October 2006, 12:18 AM
(thanks CFT (or CF??) ) Either way it's good. You're welcome.