PDA

View Full Version : The energy body and missing limbs?

BirdOfPrey
21st November 2006, 12:57 AM
When I first started out with NEW, one of the first things that slipped into mind were "How would someone without legs/arms/hands work on his corresponding energy body limb?".

Perhaps I'm really hands on, or just sick(Haven't figured it out yet ;)), but I'm curious about this. I have all my limbs, so I wouldn't be able to see how it would work.

I've heard that people who are missing limbs sometimes have phantom itch/pains (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_pain). So, I assume they must be able to envision limbs being intact, and be able move energy through them.

Anyone who can shed some light on this?

oath
21st November 2006, 04:14 AM
I always considered the main force behind NEW to be consciousness in relation to direct energy work, as energy follows consciousness and is directed as such. So in a sense, feeling by way of physical touch (which is what I assume you are referring to?) is a shortcut to focusing your consciousness, so it might take a bit longer for them and bit slightly more difficult, but dont see that it could cause any major hinderings, then again, like yourself, Im not disabled in such a way so who knows :)

xxhealinghandxx
24th November 2006, 07:48 PM
I think Robert Bruce said something about this... maybe it's in the FAQ.

Rayson
25th November 2006, 05:18 AM
The energy body is both seperate and connected to the physical body. In the case where someone has lost a physical limb, they do still have an etheric one, and can still do NEW with it, though they may have some layers of damage due to it's interconnected physical self being gone.

Korpo
25th November 2006, 11:44 PM
Bruce Frantzis has some comments in his book about T'ai Chi about the topic of missing limbs and the energy body, as well about phantom pains. He recommends to do energy work and suitable T'ai Chi exercises to return balance to the energy body.

The "energetic limb" is still there, only the physical is missing. This does not mean you will regain it, but the phantom pain will go if the energy body is brought back into balance. The pain as if something is still there is a function of the central nervous system and of the energy body - as Chi travels in the nerves most strongly, and the energy body with its Chi channels is still there, the central nervous systems has to be taught that the physical limb and nerves are gone even if the Chi is still there. Restoring circulation is important to avoid sickness and stagnation, and give back the feeling of health to the hurt person. As Bruce Frantzis is an accomplished healer with an education in Chi Gung massage, Chi transfer and acupuncture, and a tremendous knowledge about Chi Gung and T'ai Chi, so I trust him on that. :)

I do not know how it is for people born without the corresponding limb, and do not wish to speculate about that.