PDA

View Full Version : Movie - Pan's Labyrinth

Diane
23rd November 2006, 11:02 AM
I'll be going to see this film 50 miles away on Saturday. It is only showing in a few cinemas around the UK as it is subtitled. Check out the website, it looks amazing... http://www.panslabyrinth.com/

TranQ
27th November 2006, 09:22 AM
That looks really cool.

Diane
28th November 2006, 12:36 AM
OMG this film was way beyond my expectations.
The fact that it is subtitled made no difference.

The story was about a girl who found an escape (from the war and the horrible relationship of her mother and brutal step-father) into her own fairy-tale. The film just gets better and better and takes a twist at the end.

The story, the cast, the filming, the soundtrack were all brilliant. From the start it was magical - unlike anything I have ever seen. There were some parts which were disturbing (not for the faint hearted).

I would highly recommend this film - I cannot wait to own the DVD.

OmegaWolf
1st December 2006, 07:39 PM
I am excited to see this movie as well. Hope I can find it some place. The director is Guillermo del Toro and he did Hellboy, which I loved. I think his other movies are Mimic, Blade II, and the Devil's Backbone. I have seen all but The Devil's Backbone and liked them.

JonManuel23
2nd March 2007, 10:07 AM
WOOO!!!! I wrote a paper on postmodernism in Pan's Labyrinth. My favorite film this year. AND it won the Achievment in Cinematography oscar... and it totally deserved best foreign film, but w/e