PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME! EVERYONE

szidane
15th August 2005, 09:17 AM
hello everyone, i am a Chinese college student , i have some questions about obe to ask, i didn't have that expierence once.my english is not good enough to express everything,but i will do my best:
i believe that there is hell, soul, paradise in Janurary 2005 after watching the documentary "life after life",then i read some books about zen of buddhism, i know in zen, the one who concentrates on something like breath and forget about everything can let his or her soul get out of the body. After i got the methord, i tried to find a place silent enough to sit down and do "astral projection" a few times till now(i didn't hear about "astral projection" and Robert Bruce until last month),the longest time which i did astral projection i think isn't more than 4 hours.
during my astral projections which i did before if i sit 1 hour or maybe a little more time, my two hands will have only a little feeling, after about 2 hours, my hands will have no feeling, this situation have come a few times till now, but my other parts of the body all have feelings, now i think maybe i need to continue sitting , but it is easy to say, for me ,concentrating on breath to sit more than 4 hours is so hard, why?
maybe my ass will get so pain that i can't sit more, this vocation i am in the dormitory and there is no soft chair ,the chair is made of wood, i put my pillow on it , it is soft ,but this morning i have been sitting there about 3 hours ,my ass got so pain that i can't continue.i tried lie on the bed ,face to the up, but my ass and the back of the head which touch the pillow will get pain too, and the time is shorter than sitting.
maybe my thoughts will interrupt my projection,this happened a lot ,like when i was sitting i found it is boring and i want to go out to the cybercafe to play video games or do something else.
maybe i will fall asleep, i tried to sit a whole day(i mean the daytime)but i fell asleep , i think it is because i used to sleep about 1-2 hours after lunch time.
all of the 3 "maybe" have happened on me
i want to have out of body expierence,everyone here, do you have any good suggestions about me?maybe you will say patience is what i need, it is easy to say that.
And can you tell me how much time did you spend when you successfully did astral projection the first time ?how did you solve the problems about projection like which i met or your own ?
this summer vocation only has a half month left ,i stayed at school because i wanted to do projection , i want to success at least once this vocation but i do not know if i could do it .
HELP ME PLEASE! HELP ME!

Matt
15th August 2005, 03:20 PM
The method that finally worked for me was interrupted sleep, I found that if I alternately woke up and fell asleep several times within the space of about and hour in the morning then I would get vibrations and be able to ooze out of my body.

You can read a more detailed description of what I do here:
http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... hm-napping (http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/viewTopic.jsp?t=rhythm-napping)

Good luck!

Greatoutdoors
15th August 2005, 06:53 PM
Szidane,

This is just my opinion, but you may try for shorter sessions, like 20 or 30 minutes at a time. It sounds like you may be trying to hard, which makes you tense, and then you get nowhere. You might want to just focus on relaxing and keeping your mind clear and just see what happens over time. I don't think you can force these things to happen. But if you do manage to do it, let me know how and I will try! :) Perhaps also practice energy raising techniques (like NEW) as well.

Sitting absolutely still for over 4 hours? No wonder your butt gets sore!! :lol:

Matt, you also have a good suggestion. The best results I have had come when I get into that almost asleep state where you're just drifting. It does take some mental discipline to keep your mind clear though -- I tend to drift off on all kinds of tangents.

Matt
15th August 2005, 07:26 PM
Szidane,
Matt, you also have a good suggestion. The best results I have had come when I get into that almost asleep state where you're just drifting. It does take some mental discipline to keep your mind clear though -- I tend to drift off on all kinds of tangents.

I typically fall asleep too, so what I do is use a timer to keep waking up every few minutes. Here's a timer I use to hover between asleep and awake:

http://www.salcube.com/timer

szidane
17th August 2005, 02:23 AM
Matt:
let's see if i understand your method, that is:
let the timer ring every centain minutes,then i go to bed, if the timer rings, i don't open my eyes just move my hand to adjust it again,then sleep, then the timer rings,then adjust it,then sleep,repeat this process again and again, then some time later my body will be on vibration,then my soul will get out of my body automatically. is that like this?
last nignt i tried the method as the understanding above,i went to bed at 8:45, i made the timer ring at 9:05,9:25,9:45,10:05,10:25,10:45,11:15,the last interval is 30 minutes because at that time i felt so tired ,i wanted to sleep very much,
after 11:15, i didn't make the timer ring again, i fell asleep. during the whole process from 8:45 to 11:15 i didn't fall asleep one minute, i think that is because i knew the timer would ring later, but my mind was not so clear.
i didn't do this in the morning as you said is because after i wake up , eat something, have some water, it is hard for me to go back to sleep again,maybe go back once will succeed,but if the timer rings , i don't think i could fall asleep again.
i think i could try this tonight for a longer time,do you agree?
and anything wrong of my trying your methord? any suggestions?
thank you!

szidane
17th August 2005, 02:30 AM
another question Matt:
during the proccess of the "rhythm napping" , could i fall asleep?
you said: "All you have to do is confuse your body into the "mind awake/body asleep" status by alternating falling asleep and waking up in the morning." will my body be on vibration automatically if i get into the
"mind awake/body asleep" status?
i don't know if you had this expierence,some people had, and i had too,that is when you sleep too long then you wake up but you can't move
your body,your mind is clear,you try to move but there is no use ,this may take a few minutes, then finally you can move your body.i think that
is "mind awake/body asleep",but i never felt my body be on vibration in that status.
and can i have your email adress?

Matt
17th August 2005, 03:14 AM
The most important thing to change is to do this in the morning, not at night. This is critical.

Here are some links on why:
http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... -not-night (http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/viewTopic.jsp?t=morning-not-night)
http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... .jsp?t=sun (http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/viewTopic.jsp?t=sun)

Get up a few hours early, stay awake for an hour, then go back to bed and use the timer to awake and fall asleep over and over. Your goal is to get to a point where you awake and fall asleep 5 to 10 or more times in an hour.

then some time later my body will be on vibration,then my soul will get out of my body automatically. is that like this?

You may or not have an OBE automatically the first time you do this, however you probably will enter sleep paralysis and feel vibrations, the idea is you use rhythm napping to learn the basics of what an OBE feels like or what it feels like to very nearly be out of body. I recommend reading the entire course book I posted so you know what to expect.

during the process of the "rhythm napping" , could i fall asleep?

Yes, you should definitely fall asleep several times and wake up several times when doing this.

If you want to contact me directly, just post a message on the saltcube.com message board. I reply to the messages there nearly every day.

Good luck!

szidane
17th August 2005, 05:54 AM
why i have to stay awake for an hour after waking up a few hours early

Matt
17th August 2005, 12:57 PM
why i have to stay awake for an hour after waking up a few hours early

I don't know exactly, but it definitely does work better. Here's a link on research Stephen LaBerge did on it:
http://www.lucidity.com/NL63.RU.Naps.html

I have a feeling it has something to do with your melatonin/serotonin balance in the morning.