PDA

View Full Version : Being larger than the world

Divine_moments
3rd December 2006, 06:22 AM
So i got into that hypnagogic sleep paralysis state again right....

So i say to myself " i want to go"

I didn't specify where i wanted to go, but i happened to shoot myself backwards at what seemed like the speed of light and i became larger as i shot backwards.

I then became smaller, ended up in my English 11 AP class, and seemingly awoke, with my teacher telling me to open my eyes. I try as hard as i can but i can't open my eyes.

I think grow larger again, and then smaller, than feel my bed again and open my eyes.

what the hell happened?
was that a dream, or an OBE, or what?

outofbodydude
3rd December 2006, 06:27 AM
Hmmm interesting. It sounds to me like your consiousness left your body... but It doesnt sound much like a normal OBE, I think you may have phased to whereever you went... a classroom you said. It seems like it was somewhere you needed to go, you might not have thought so consiously but you were taken there for a reason. Usually when your in that state, its easiest to make contact with your higher self. Perhaps the big you heard the little you, and you made your trip.

Gemma
3rd December 2006, 05:41 PM
I then became smaller, ended up in my English 11 AP class, and seemingly awoke, with my teacher telling me to open my eyes. I try as hard as i can but i can't open my eyes.

This seems to be a clue maybe? I don't know if it was an OBE or whatever but I immediately thought that maybe this was a message for you to "open your eyes" as in open your eyes to a situation or something? Would this ring any bells for you? I.e. classroom/teacher symbolizes a lesson... teacher telling you to open your eyes suggests you need to be more aware of something, the "lesson". Just an opinion.

Celeborn
19th January 2007, 09:11 AM
It sounds like a mix of a lucid dream and an OBE to me. Either way, if you had opened your eyes when the teacher asked, you would have woken up. The reason it was so hard for you to open them was because you were actually trying to open your physical eyes.

This happens to me a lot with speech. I try talking to someone in the dream but I am either mute or it comes out all garbled. I try harder, and wake myself up because I just physically spoke the word aloud.

What probably happened IMHO is that your dream recall was switching between your astral body and your dream body. Since your mind can usually only handle one version of a period of time, and not three simultaneous ones, your memories from the physical, dream, and astral bodies can get jumbled together when you wake up. The best way to avoid this is to shout something like "REMEMBER!" while you are astral and to keep your journeys as short as possible. That way you will remember the OBE and not the dream or the idle time you just spent lying there in bed.

So the exit and the shooting through space at high speeds were OBE, but the class room was lucid dream. The big/small stuff resulted from switching between the different subtle bodies.