PDA

View Full Version : My introduction to Higher Selves

Rayson
3rd December 2006, 07:42 AM
Personal stories are not only important for sharing common ground, building empathy and trust, seeing where we are alike and different, and for learning, but also helpful in applying and understanding the other information a person has written. I know that I like to know the background of an author when I read their thoughts and articles, so it is with appreciation for all of the above that I write the following. In particular, I think this info will link well with my other article on connecting to Higher Selves here: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?p=40784

When I was first introduced to the concept of Higher Selves, it was largely through Dragon’s Daughter’s post ( http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... 58&start=0 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=1958&start=0) ), and because of a friend of mine who was starting to try and work with theirs. Everyone was abuzz talking about H.S.’s, so I tried to get in the loop. I learned the notion of reincarnation as a way of teaching and evolving the Higher Self, and that they were the ones who chose which lives to incarnate as. I was also told that they were all loving and cared for us, and would help us if we asked. In my mind, that sounded like a higher being- someone that understood God better than I, but who also understood me- a good bridge between me and Divinity.

While my notion evolved forward from those earlier days, the people I was speaking with then indicated to me that you could just speak with your Higher Self and they would listen. Just like talking to God was prayer, and could be done in any way and without fanfare, so could one also talk with their Higher Self. I had always tried to stay casual with my prayers, replacing deep reverence and ceremony with the sort of casual trust, understanding, and love that I share with a good friend. So I just started talking to my Higher Self, figuring he (I’ll use a pronoun that matches my gender just for grammatical clarity) could hear me just as God does. While this may be a very naïve way of looking at communication with higher beings and aspects of the universe, sometimes blind faith is better than technical details and the mindset that goes with “am I doing this right?” I think this helped me just trust the connection to be there, and in doing so, either create or find my connection with my Higher Self.

The above was step one of what got me connecting with my H.S.. The second part of it was found through my Reiki instruction. My reiki instructor at the time told me that you could receive and strengthen attunements through your Higher Self. Trusting that this was true, I tried it, and found that it worked. Between the blind faith described above, and the reassuring experiences with attunements, I thought this H.S. stuff was very easy- almost so to the point that I felt like it was cheating. But I had to remind myself that it wasn’t- the H.S was loving and vested in my spiritual growth, so I continued communicating with him and asking for help evolving spiritually.

Well- looking back- it’s hard to tell what came first- the chicken or the egg. I found out very recently that H.S. connections tend to run through charkas. A person might connect through one or a few charkas, and a goal in working more with one’s H.S. is to connect through more charkas and deepen the breadth and the totality of the connection. Each chakra (this is the breadth part) has different aspects in terms of connection bvenefits. If you connect through your crown chakra, you can download information and gain attunements to energies from your Higher Self. With months more spiritual experience behind me, I also could now feel the chakra connections to my H.S. and realized mine to be primarily formed through the crown chakra. So perhaps if I had never been connected through my crown (instead through my heart, per say), I would never have had the affirming experiences of reiki attunements/downloads, and never would have evolved my connection the way I did. Maybe through blind faith, I connected through the one chakra that would grant me communication with my higher self along the lines of what I was mentally conceptualizing as possible via a H.S. connection. Maybe this was all one great Godly master plan, laid out years before and blossoming with divine precision. While I will never know for sure, this story and the information within has grown me to a further point in my spiritual evolution, which is covered in another thread located here: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?p=40784 , on a technique I developed for not just meeting the H.S. , but also creating energy connections with your H.S. to help him manifest further in your life.

alwayson4
2nd October 2007, 09:27 PM
i find this to be one of the most intriguing posts by far on this forum.

R. Bruce says that when kundalini manifests, your higher self manisfets extremely strongly within you. He goes on to even say that kundalini=a higher self manifestation.

and your post talks about the chakras......

see where I am going with this? 8)

Wyldrose
2nd October 2007, 09:33 PM
many truths... well said my friend, well said.

Namaste

Benares
2nd November 2007, 04:40 AM
Thanks so much for your input and information, Rayson.. definetely a loving service to the community.

I also had the experience of that "stairway" on meeting the higher self. Originally trying through Dragon Daugher's post, I wasn't sure why when I would visualize myself on a beach or anywhere horizontal, that things would get crazy. I could get there and see myself there, but the second I started moving, everything flipped around like some sort of omni-directional water slide. I tried and tried, but finally realized that the visualization stabilized when I was doing more of a climbing motion. For me personally, I'm climbing up a natural tower; a plateau. Upon getting close to the top, I'm filled with such love that it blinds me when I finally reach the summit.

My connection with my higher self grew a lot when a good friend of mine - and mentor - "anchored" my higher self within my heart. This is not the same as an energetic connection, but more of a pulling of the higher self down through my body and into my heart. My guides even gave me a phrase to use when I want to be closer to my higher self (ironically, this all came about because my guides didn't think it was appropriate for me to be in direct contact with them at this stage). After this was done, my intuition has skyrocketed as well as a lot of other things. The need to look externally for answers has diminished a lot. My visualization-climb now even takes 4-5 steps and I'm there.. where as before it took me a long time to make the ascent.

I'm not positive that this "anchoring" is able to be done sans someone who is experienced with it, although I do know the method of how it was done. I wish to share it, and hopefully others will have good success with it. I also assume that it would be a lot stronger if done astrally than just with visualization.

Imaging a triangle over your head, golden in color and radiating pure love. Strike the highest point of the triangle and listen for the tone it emanates (for me, it was unmistakable). Now pull the triangle down through your crown and into your heart, and attach it firmly. Know it is connected, anchored and helping to bridge the "gap" between you and your higher self. After initially doing it, every time after should be easier and make the connection that much stronger. The phrase I was given is "I AM THAT", and seems to be universal on some level to me. It signifies the belief that you know you are something which you have seemingly been taken away from even though it is you at essence of your being.

I assume that your guides will really be the deciding factor in whether this will work or not. If you are already in contact with your higher self then this should be a cake walk. You might even talk to your higher self or guides about this before venturing off into it. A little help is always nice :)

I would love to hear what some people experience with this, and also more about peoples' experience with energy connections. Every time I interact with my higher self it feels like I'm a little bit more of "me".

With love, I hope this message finds all that it is appropriate for.