PDA

View Full Version : amazing dream with calea

enoch
4th December 2006, 02:28 PM
I've edited this post so that it makes more sense :lol:

Calea has been sat in my store cupboard for over a year. Initially I tried the bitter brew (and boy is it bitter) and then I tried smoking, and then both, but with no noticeable effects. I wasn't expecting anything amazing - just some vivid, linear dreams with which to contemplate the following day. I eventually gave up experimenting.

Returning to my calea recently I finally had the experience I'd been waiting for.

30 minutes before bed I smoked a double-skinned cigarette packed with tobacco and calea. When I lay in bed later I immediatey became aware of an increased auditory sensitivity. I fell asleep and had the most vivid, colour-saturated dream. I was in a parallel world populated by a host of weird and wonderful critters. Elves, gnomes, angels, the lot. They showed me how they could tamper with the human world. A group of mischevious elves demonstrated how they could 'transmit' aromas into the real world. They sat and giggled as they showed me two men standing on path, sniffing and saying, 'what's that smell?' Then they showed me floating images of all the human cultures and individuals past and present who had managed to step into the parallel world and share in its wonders. The dream, which was linear, peaked with a carnival procession of all these wonderful creatures. The procession ended at the mouth of a colourful, rotating vortex, outside of which stood a crowd of human children. It looked asif these children were preparing to enter the vortex and the creatures had come to celebrate and say goodbye.

I've never had a dream so vivid, so colourful, or so profound as this one. I'm putting it down to the calea.

Thankyou

CFTraveler
4th December 2006, 02:34 PM
It sounds like a positive experience. Was it? And if it was, ask them on your next trip what was the gardenia smell about for me?
If you get an answer I'll explain the question. :wink:

4th December 2006, 05:05 PM
Enoch that is a trip!! I've been smelling funny smells these last two days and had no idea where they were coming from, lol. One smell in particular was not pleasant - smelled like poo. :lol:

4th December 2006, 05:06 PM
BTW - What's Calea Brew??

enoch
4th December 2006, 10:09 PM
It was a very positive experience. It was a dream, but I'm having a darned hard time not believing in the reality of this place I visited.

Calea is a subtle herb used by mexican shamans for dream vision-quests. It's has no noticeable effects during wakefulness and I thought it had no effects during dreams either - 'til now.

Those shaman dudes are right I tell thee! :lol:

Plumes.Gris
5th December 2006, 07:50 AM
I've done some experimentation on Calea Zacatechichi with little or no effect, if you don't mind...could you explain in detail about your methods in consumming the herb?

enoch
5th December 2006, 01:55 PM
Plumes. I've had the herb in my store cupboard for over a year and initially I experienced no effects atall. I've no idea, other than what I've written above, how to capitalise on it. You see, I'm also in a position to consider the possibility that the dream may not have been as a result of Calea. I could have had that dream on that particular night anyway...who knows.

I would recommend perseverence...I do know that most people report the best effects when a brew is drank and then a two skinned cigarette smoked immediately afterwards. Unfortunately I won't be drinking that bitter brew again...I just don't think it's worth the pain :lol:

Gemma
6th December 2006, 03:35 AM
A couple of years ago I experimented with the same herb. I got a big bag of the stuff and smoked it every night. I never tried the brew, I had heard horror stories about the taste, so I decided I wasn't going there. But for me, that herb didn't cause any dreams like the one you experienced.

Plumes.Gris
6th December 2006, 04:18 AM
Believe it or not, but the taste actually gets better everytime you force it down your throat. I've tried the brew a good few times and everytime I did, the taste almost became delightful. It's something you get used to with time, but with all my attempts, I can only recall one time where there was a significant effect.
After downing the brew in a shot glass (it needs to be hot still) and finishing a normal cigarette (I have no idea what double skinned means) I went to lay down in bed so I can fall asleep. For some reason, I was sensing energy raising symptoms but stronger than usual (at that time) and then just as it felt as though my body was raising, I passed out.
Considering I'm an amateur with energy work I can't tell you whether this was a failed OBE or not, but from what I've heard, that description sounds pretty accurate. Course, there were no dreams that night.
I've tried to repeat the experiment a number of times, but they all failed without any sort of abnormality.