PDA

View Full Version : A Dream?

Plumes.Gris
9th December 2006, 11:11 PM
I have a hard time deciding if what happened to me was a vision or a dream, but I suppose I'll start off by explaining what happened and perhaps you can tell me what you think.

I was out late, lounging around on the couch at my cousins place with the couple of beers I drank earlier just starting to kick in. Sometime during that period, the others decided to watch the movie "Blow" and seeing as I was slowly falling asleep, I held no objections. I stay conscious while Johnny Depp narrates his role as a drug dealer. I daze out, but I'm still listening. In the film, the characters wife dies and Johnny (playing as the drug dealer) goes on to explain how he felt when this happened.

I closed my eyes and the words Johnny was saying didn't seem familiar (I've only seen the film a couple times before).
I opened my eyes and I was watching on the screen a sequence in the film where it turned into animation. A man and a woman embracing, kissing, loving each other and slowly turning into one as the view circled around the figures. There was a sorrowful acoustic guitar playing during the scene. A close up of the two figures was then into play, two hands joining together. Inside the hands were squares and triangles slowly turning into some sort of beings which then reached out of the hand to hold onto the other beings in the other hand. There was a narration in my own voice occuring after...another scene started, but I don't remember it.

I close and then open my eyes. I lay down for the rest of the film and once it finishes I get up and ask my cousins to go back to the animation sequence in the film. They stare at me as though I were retarded, but I was convinced of it. After the ridiculing, I tried to remember whether there was an animation in the other times I've seen the film. Upon recalling, I realized that I must have been dreaming without knowledge of it. Baffled, I go outside. It's the middle of summer and I pull out a cigarette and guzzle a beer while my cousin pulls out his acoustic guitar. I'm in a mild shock from the realization. He starts playing a tune and I immediately recognized it from the dream. I asked him if he ever played the song before and he claimed he was just fooling around. That it was the first time playing it.

I've had many pre-cognitive dreams before in my life, I suppose the only reason this one's significant to me is because I wasn't even aware that I was dreaming. I can't even tell you whether or not I was even asleep.

Beekeeper
13th December 2006, 07:05 AM
Cool experience Plum.Gris, thanks for sharing it.

We always seem to want to qualify experience by naming it, don't we? We need to make sense of things by fitting them to prior knowledge and experience. Vision or dream? They're on a continuum anyway, aren't they? Whatever you call it was precognitive and another reminder that your consciousness exists outside time. Now you've recorded it, if something else happens linked to the experience, you'll share it with us, won't you? :wink:

Plumes.Gris
13th December 2006, 09:03 PM
indeed, I suppose I will