PDA

View Full Version : False awakening

operasinger
16th December 2006, 05:53 PM
Yep, had it again. I was having beauty sleep and I remember watching my room and I was trying to switch on the light,and was hmm,I have to buy new lamp in to my room. Then I thouhgt I was checking out that lamp like four or five times. I decided to contenue to sleep little more. I woke up again and just like making fun about me the light went ON and the same lamp worked perfectly and is still working. Damn! :evil: How can I turn those in to OBE's? Any ideas? Anyone? 8)

Beekeeper
24th December 2006, 01:17 AM
Hey Operasinger,

During the day, and especially when you get out of bed, do reality checks. If you have a digital watch you can set it to beep on the hour to remind you to do a reality check. Use the digital read out on the watch. Look at it once, look away, then look at it again. If it's not consistent you'll know you're dreaming. You can post notes around reminding you to do reality checks also. Another good idea is to do a reality check everytime you use the light switch and whenever you do or see something common to your dreams. Maybe when you go to the toilet, get in your car or see a plane.

Next time you have a false awakening, because you're in the reality checking habit, you'll realise you're dreaming. Once you're lucid in your dream you can experiment with transforming that into an OBE or just enjoying controlling your dream.