PDA

View Full Version : Ok, here's an idiot question.....

Rivernova
19th August 2005, 02:29 AM
Ok, I've just started with NEW. Not feeling much results with the beginning exercises. I've been trying to activate the secondary points within my thumbs, and big toes as well.
My question is... well, Am I supposed to image I am in my thumb joint? or simply Imagine the thumb joint, and imagine the movement through it.
Should I feel literally that my point of awareness is IN my thumb, feeling that my head is up there, and I am down here.... perhaps i'm not being clear... :?
Or do I simply think of my thumb joint area in my head as I would image a plate of carbonara pasta, if that's what I were craving.. and it usually is.
Thankyou for any help and replies.

David

Sachiel
19th August 2005, 02:57 AM
Put it this way. Lets pretend that nothing in your body is essential. Let's pretend you didn't have a head. Imagine life like that. You are probably, if succesful, imagining a point of view which is still from the head.

It's a centering of consciousness. If someone goes to gouge your eyes out, you'll be much more aware than if they tried to, say, stamp on your foot. Now the point of awareness is to shift this around a bit.

Just play around with different ways and approches until you actually FEEL something you did in your foot. It's hard to explain, but you'll know if it works.

But don't just, for instance, hold an image of a thumb in your head. As to the options you gave, it would be closer to imagining that you are IN your thumb, and your head is there. But not literally.

It's just like, if you think about your body parts, you can become more aware of them, right? Its just kicking that into overdrive.

Rivernova
19th August 2005, 03:00 AM
Ok, thank you much. I just wasn't sure what approach I should take, what feeling to strive for. THis will help.

Sachiel
19th August 2005, 03:05 AM
Wait, did you send me that message before or after I posted that remark?

If after, just try this. Get a hammer, and hit your hand with it.

You are now more aware of your hand than you are of your head. Example given.

I mean, I wouldn't really do that. That's what the light scratching was for. Heavier scratching can help too, and then try to form the feeling of the scratch into movement.

Hope that helps.

But because it might not have, I would review that first excercise of becoming aware of your kneecap or whatever it was, just to get the point across to your sub. Robert Bruce's words are better than mine anyhow.

Sachiel
19th August 2005, 03:21 AM
If nothing seems to work, chances are the center you are working on are just inactive. Do them anyway, don't move on. Spend mroe time on them, whatever, even if absolutely nothing happens. Eventually you ill feel something, and it it takes that long, it means you made a big difference and you will DEFINITELY feel something, and it will be well worth it. NEW works for everybody. EVERYONE. BEcause everybody has an energy body. The chances of not having the capability to do something here are like 1 to 100,000,000,000, and there aren't that many people on Earth last I check.

So don't worry, be happy. :D

star
19th August 2005, 04:26 AM
hey,hey,hey. Some people are just kinetically challenged :P

Though maybe you could give me some advice, I can't get any sensation in my shoulders....

Sachiel
19th August 2005, 01:54 PM
Basically what I said was

Make the body part more noticeable
Try forming that sensation produced by scratching into rythmic pulsing (then it becomes energy work)
And just keep doing it.

Some parts are just plain inactive, but even if it takes weeks they will all eventually activate.

Quantitativefool
19th August 2005, 04:12 PM
Most importantly I'd say to keep doing it. If you work on a spot for 3-5 minutes move on but make sure you always work on it. And eventually the sensations will come, and when they do you'll know it's not in vain. So just keep at it and try different things. If you have trouble with your back for example, or even your arms have someone lightly trace their fingers on your back, very lightly on the skin, and you'll get incredible sensations, it helps to give you an idea of what to form. Please tell me any results and good luck!

-Stu

Rivernova
20th August 2005, 01:44 AM
thanks for all the help, i'll keep it up until i get something. all I need is a little result.. thats it, that's the carrot that will hang in front of my face and keep me going.

Sachiel
23rd August 2005, 03:07 PM
I like carrots.